Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please reduce difficulty of Castle Darkmoor!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2009
Hey all. I think there should be a nerf for the Graveyard, particularly. The other two are fine as it is. So here are my reasons to np reduce its difficulty:
1. It is way too long. This tends to make people rage quit or become too frustrated. Given the amount of cheats that the bosses have, especially Malistaire, it just lets the rounds become so extended.

2. It is hard to find teams that are decent enough to keep up a strategy. Using teamup is almost always disastrous. Most players are casual gamers and for them to miss out on the great gear is just unfair. Remember that most players here are around the age of ten. The drop rates should be lowered in exchange for a difficulty reduction.

3. I understand that this is a challenge, but it should be enjoyable. Having to flee every 3 rounds or so is not thrilling. The amount of planning and strictness that you have to practice just makes running through this very repetitive and boring. It doesn't allow for any fun or creativity in this.

So my idea is to either nerf the entire thing to make it shorter and less difficult, or to be able to fight Malistaire the Undying directly, like with Morganthe. What do you think?

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Blazerunner36 on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:
Hey all. I think there should be a nerf for the Graveyard, particularly. The other two are fine as it is. So here are my reasons to np reduce its difficulty:
1. It is way too long. This tends to make people rage quit or become too frustrated. Given the amount of cheats that the bosses have, especially Malistaire, it just lets the rounds become so extended.

2. It is hard to find teams that are decent enough to keep up a strategy. Using teamup is almost always disastrous. Most players are casual gamers and for them to miss out on the great gear is just unfair. Remember that most players here are around the age of ten. The drop rates should be lowered in exchange for a difficulty reduction.

3. I understand that this is a challenge, but it should be enjoyable. Having to flee every 3 rounds or so is not thrilling. The amount of planning and strictness that you have to practice just makes running through this very repetitive and boring. It doesn't allow for any fun or creativity in this.

So my idea is to either nerf the entire thing to make it shorter and less difficult, or to be able to fight Malistaire the Undying directly, like with Morganthe. What do you think?
Sorry But I have to disagree.
This is all the fun about Castle Darkmoor.
This what we have been waiting for. A dungeon that is as hard to beat as to impossible.
This what we wanted and this is what we got. If you nerf it. Then it would take all the fun out of it.
Nicholas Star

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Blazerunner36 on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:

I to believe it should be left the way it is. After completing the first two parts of Darkmoor I was kind of hesitant of doing Part three because of all the "Horror" stories you see about it. Then one day I just teamed up with some people I didn't even know and we knocked it out in about 2 hours.

It's the Challenge of it all. It makes you think and if you are playing with a group that doesn't have a plan or like to play as a team, then yeah, you're going to have some problems.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
I also think it should be left as is. Drop rates seem reasonable and with a good strategy it really isn't that hard. I've seen most complaints about Shane von Shane in the graveyard section. My favorite set up is having 2 fire wizards that trap only especially using backdraft. This prevents Shane from using any supercharge blades. Have your healer make sure thier outgoing heals is high enough and the 4th person is in charge of wands or 1 pip spells to reset him. Very manageable fight. This way is an alternative to the " round 2" storm kill. Also there are a lot of tc fire traps and some fuel that the non fire can assist in helping with along with tc elemental traps found in the bazaar. First fight is easy when stacking feints. Use conviction or stun block tc and blade your main hitter. We usually hit the round he casts his ice spell which results in a 75 tower so have somebody tc shatter or pierce ahead of the hitter. Malistaire is easy enough with the same strategy as Shane using traps. Really feels like they wanted us to use some of these rarely used cards again to me.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Castle DarkMoor is absolutely fine the way it is. Its time the casual gamer set their bar higher. I point out a few things:

"1. It is way too long. This tends to make people rage quit or become too frustrated. Given the amount of cheats that the bosses have, especially Malistaire, it just lets the rounds become so extended."

Anyone who has a level 100 character should already have been playing hours and days and the Castle Darkmoor is in section. This is no excuse.

2. It is hard to find teams that are decent enough to keep up a strategy.

Who's fault is that? Just put the effort speaking to people and formulating a strategy. And as for team up. Learn from your mistakes. If team up is failing you stop using it and find a team.

Having to flee every 3 rounds or so is not thrilling.

Not everything in life is always so fun.

So my idea is to either nerf the entire thing to make it shorter and less difficult, or to be able to fight Malistaire the Undying directly

You already can make it much shorter and the way to do this is by fiinding a good team and getting some skill.

Remember that most players here are around the age of ten.

Its an E10+ game which tends to be a lot more suitable for teens and adults in my opinion. Adults usually have more money to pay for the things on here. Teens usually have more time to play it.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
No need in dropping the Difficulty, But Increasing the Drop Rate would be Cool.

It's not fun to spend 3+ hours or more running a Dungeon only to get Notta or stuff you can't or won't use.