Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mote Farming

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
I am farming mote of Severity. I tried 10 times so far nothing. But here's the problem. i keep getting one or 2 drops from bosses while my friend get 7. Sometimes i get nothing. Not even gold. At this rate ill never get my mote, and my membership is ending soon. How can i fix this if possible?

Survivor
Mar 11, 2014
I am having the same problem. I cannot get this last mote for the life of me. grrr. so frustrated. 100

Survivor
Feb 21, 2011
These motes should not be that hard to get. I've been farming for the mote of eternity for ... well eternity. I've gotten half a dozen pairs of darkmoor boots and bands and robes, etc. etc. but nary a hint of a mote of eternity. This is very, very frustrating. A reagent should not be this difficult to get, it is not like it's an Alpha Omega Ring or something. Please, Please increase the motes' drop rates KingsIsle.

Defender
May 09, 2010
underwayii on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
These motes should not be that hard to get. I've been farming for the mote of eternity for ... well eternity. I've gotten half a dozen pairs of darkmoor boots and bands and robes, etc. etc. but nary a hint of a mote of eternity. This is very, very frustrating. A reagent should not be this difficult to get, it is not like it's an Alpha Omega Ring or something. Please, Please increase the motes' drop rates KingsIsle.
I for one haven't been farming for these motes, and although I think they're a neat addition to the game, I understand the people's frustration. I got a mote (forgot the name ) from one of the bosses in darkmoor, and I did some math: they seem pretty hard to get. Maybe the chance of them dropping should be increased a bit. It might help players fight the horrors of the grind., and those who really like crafting.

Blaze Stormmancer

Survivor
Feb 25, 2015
You can get mote from the upper zigzag that's really the only thing i know about mote.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I agree, motes should not be that hard to get. It took three of us almost four hours to do the dungeon and nothing for any of us. I get simple stuff that I could get in the Bazaar? Just fills my backpack with junk. Anyone who goes all the way through the dungeons should get a mote automatically, everytime! And, what is with the four hour stuff!.
mattie114

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
I never use to craft before, and out of the blue i opened a wooden chest outside of the graveyard, and surprise surprise, i got the severity mote from the wooden chest. The rest of the motes i got on like the first 3 runs, so don't know if i'm lucky or?... , Fish was probably the hardest yet i got the exicushiners at like rank 3 lol

Survivor
Sep 04, 2014
rrbot on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
I never use to craft before, and out of the blue i opened a wooden chest outside of the graveyard, and surprise surprise, i got the severity mote from the wooden chest. The rest of the motes i got on like the first 3 runs, so don't know if i'm lucky or?... , Fish was probably the hardest yet i got the exicushiners at like rank 3 lol

Thanks for that, I knew you could get them from chests anywhere in the spiral but for some foolish reason I kept thinking that it would be easier to get them in the dungeons, did house of scales five times, 3 times solo and nothing.
Guess I thought that because getting the mote of beauty in barkingham palace dungeon wasn't too hard got at least a handful of those after ten tries what the heck is up with the higher level dungeons, thought they were supposed to be more profitable, apparently not.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I've run Darkmoor 18 times and I have 6 motes of eternity. I also have the mote of wisdom (roughly 0 idea when and where i got that) but I've been farming for the mote of beauty. I'm on run 10 and i've gotten nothing >.< and I still need my mote of severity.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Only reason I want the Mote drop rates increased is because I don't think its a good idea to make us run the same low level dungeons over and over to fight the same low level bosses. I spent 4 hours on hollow mountain for the first mote one morning making 10 minute runs before I finally decided to just permanently settle for a subpar deck. The fish I found to be the easy part, getting about a dozen execushiner with one load of 208 energy, but unless some system is released to reduce the need to grind low level dungeons for motes, I don't plan to get any. To clarify, I am perfectly fine having to grind to get the item. The part that I don't like is that instead of doing runs that require some thinking, such as Malistaire or Aphrodite, a lot of time is spent just running from one round fight to one round fight.

Jack Frost, Kembaalung Despiser