Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shadow magic being used by shadow character

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2011
while using a shadow character,should the shadow creature be subject to the rules while casting a shadow spell? example shadow fiend casting a shadow shield increases his backlash.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Yeah. It works as a boost also with others. Shrike lowers backlash of Fiend and gives it a boost. This isn't a bug.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Do you mean Shadow Creatures casting their spells when you give them likes? First of all, the backlash isn't on the creature, it's on the caster for summoning the creature. Secondly, Dark Fiend (or any Shadow Creature, by that matter) doesn't cast Shadow Shield. I don't see the problem here.

Historian
May 06, 2009
lewski on Nov 30, 2014 wrote:
Do you mean Shadow Creatures casting their spells when you give them likes? First of all, the backlash isn't on the creature, it's on the caster for summoning the creature. Secondly, Dark Fiend (or any Shadow Creature, by that matter) doesn't cast Shadow Shield. I don't see the problem here.
I think he may be referring to the fact that the new Malistaire gear sets give Shadow utility spells (Shadow Blade, Shadow Trap, and Shadow Shield), and was wondering if these new spells will cause the backlash of Shadow Creature spells to decrease (since they like Shadow spells). I've been wondering about this too, but I'm not sure at the moment as I don't have any of the pieces that give you one of Shadow spells yet.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
I think he may be referring to the fact that the new Malistaire gear sets give Shadow utility spells (Shadow Blade, Shadow Trap, and Shadow Shield), and was wondering if these new spells will cause the backlash of Shadow Creature spells to decrease (since they like Shadow spells). I've been wondering about this too, but I'm not sure at the moment as I don't have any of the pieces that give you one of Shadow spells yet.
Oh yeah, could be that too. His wording just makes it sound like the creature is casting the spell.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
lewski on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Oh yeah, could be that too. His wording just makes it sound like the creature is casting the spell.
I think he was referring to the fact that casting Shadow Sentinel while you have Shadow Fiend up increases the backlash on Fiend because it's like a shield.