Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop matching level 50-60's with 98+

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2012
mykola230 on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
And once more I disagree.
Well you can find player with 230 block. Lol in fact I have it.
Of course to have it I sacrificed mt critical and that means I only have 60 critical.
But yes it is possible. As I posted above It isn't easy to defeat a level 100 while playing as lvl 60.
And I also want to make it clear. I do not say it is a fair match. However What I am trying to do here is give another point of view that even though hard and totally on luck you can defeat a player 100 while playing as level 60. I done it, I've seen my friends do it (even from second position). That is what I am saying. You seem to want to get into a fight with me, because you think I am calling it fair. All I am stating that it is unfair to fight lvl 100 as lvl 60 however it is possible to win. That is my point. If anyone has different opinion feel free to post it.

Nicholas Star
Previously you said "warlord gear should do it." It doesn't, not even close. Please provide screencaps of your gear set up and stats to verify this.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, my issue is with the ludicrous matching system and level discrepancy given that the gear isn't in the same bracket. I'm fully aware it's possible to beat level 100's since my rating pairs me with them nearly every match, but it's a rare occurrence. If that person has 90-100 jade gear equipped and packs reshuffles (gross way of playing, but we all know it happens) there is NO chance at winning as a mid level character from the get-go. Zero.

Fighting 10 levels outside of your own level is a challenge, 20 is distorted; 30 is wholly unjust, but 40? It's something different entirely.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
JOPIX227 on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Previously you said "warlord gear should do it." It doesn't, not even close. Please provide screencaps of your gear set up and stats to verify this.

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, my issue is with the ludicrous matching system and level discrepancy given that the gear isn't in the same bracket. I'm fully aware it's possible to beat level 100's since my rating pairs me with them nearly every match, but it's a rare occurrence. If that person has 90-100 jade gear equipped and packs reshuffles (gross way of playing, but we all know it happens) there is NO chance at winning as a mid level character from the get-go. Zero.

Fighting 10 levels outside of your own level is a challenge, 20 is distorted; 30 is wholly unjust, but 40? It's something different entirely.
I am not going to post a screenshot.
But if you truly want to see it. I would be more than happy to provide you this information in game.
And No it's not only a Warlord Gear. I have pet with double block and wand that provides allot of block.
Oh and another thing, I never said you can always beat them. I am saying that at least 50% of the time you can beat them. And idk I don't face level 100's or 90's that much. I face allot of 80's warlords or people with mostly same rating as me. I only face 100's or 90's when there is no one doing pvp.
Nicholas Star

Survivor
May 18, 2012
mykola230 on Dec 6, 2014 wrote:
I am not going to post a screenshot.
But if you truly want to see it. I would be more than happy to provide you this information in game.
And No it's not only a Warlord Gear. I have pet with double block and wand that provides allot of block.
Oh and another thing, I never said you can always beat them. I am saying that at least 50% of the time you can beat them. And idk I don't face level 100's or 90's that much. I face allot of 80's warlords or people with mostly same rating as me. I only face 100's or 90's when there is no one doing pvp.
Nicholas Star
Look, I understand if you devote months to hatching with other people's pets that you can't even get yourself (khrysalis drops) and whatnot it can give you a slight edge, but it really shouldn't be your only option in the first place.

As an update, I thought it might be worth it to level my character to transcendent status for the added spell(s) and gear (wyrd oak staff, mainly--not even a gear jump from waterworks at this level) and I've found instead of matching me with other transcendent warlords or even archmage and promethean ones, as I had hoped, I'm now being matched with knight and captain exalted players every match, just the same, only with higher ratings.

I'm done with this game, it's not worth the frustration. Going from almost being on the leaderboards to losing nearly 500 rating in a single morning (wow) is truly disappointing. I know I'm good at pvp, but also smart enough to know the system needs a complete overhaul. I have no problem beating players at my level, the problem being I get 1 of those for every 10 or 15 max level ones. The underlying point here, as Lucas pointed out, is that players with shadow magic should not fight players without it. Peace.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2008
+Veracity8 Hey, I would like to thank you for the tips (which was long called for) but i'm up and doing great at corporal all because of you! And plus its a lot easier now being at a higher level.
Lail Frosteyes LVL86

Survivor
Jan 14, 2010
I always get matched with low level treasure card farmers who insta hit me and have op resist because of their Warlord Outfits.

John Lionstone - Current Level: 29