Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

HD Loading Screens

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2009
Well if you don't already know, the loading screen when changing areas, etc are the same image, and I mean the exact same file in the games download folder as when you load up the game and see the alternating "loading pips" mini screen.

Now, the game has been out since late 2008, and even in 08, we had HD textures. Granted not as good as now, but yet none the less, HD textures and images/resolutions. For the longest time (singe 2009) I have just gotten used to seeing the pixelated/fuzzy loading screen. Recently I was looking around youtube and saw Pirate101, and noticed that its loading screen was an HD image... Was a bit disappointment that wiz didn't have this and its been out WAY longer making me feel that they could care less about the graphical fidelity of the game that Kingsisle started with and assume that no one will care or pay attention.

Now, my question is, why is it that KI ignores advancing in the graphical area of Wizard101, but continue to with pirate101. Yes I know its a newer game and they want to encurage players to come over from wiz to pirate, but wizard101 still has a much larger playerbase then pirate and it should still be equal if not more important then their other games. Now, I am no major game critic, but being able to see HD loading screens, and/or more content out there for wizard101 is a sign of a strong productive game. Sadly, I don't see that any more. I mean, even if it is JUST a loading screen that looks good on a 1080p screen would be nice as its never been seen in wizard101 before. There is a thing called downscaling images via photoshop so it could work with essentially any resoultion. ;)

If this is something a graphical artist within the KI company would consider taking up, that would be amazing. Seeing even small addons like a new loading screen, or maybe even seasonal loading screens/menus would be cool and shows allot to the fan base. Hopefully my suggestions will make it way to the graphical team. Hopefully something new can be put in to replace the current loading screen. Sometimes games need a little change. After 5-6 years, I think its starting to get old. Could use something to freshen the game a bit, even if its just a loading screen.

-Scot