Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My List of Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Crown Shop Ideas:
  • Gold. The prices of gold are static numbers at a "crown cost" per "gold" quotient of 1.25 up to 1.85 gold per crown. Now, these numbers may be beneficial to minimum level players, who can afford all of their gear if each item is costing approx. 1k gold... but to a level 58 player like myself, the value of the gold is already low. To explain, let's say I bought gold. I could buy 25k gold for 13.5k crowns. That number of crowns is worth approx. $25 at the Wizard101 online store. Or, I could farm monsters in-game and make the 25k gold in approx. 30 minutes or sooner depending on my RNG results. Now, what is the better economical decision: $25... or 30 minutes? Well, I'm not Bill Gates or any other illionaire (yet). My time isn't worth that much. I would farm. The same decision would probably apply the average player. The higher your level, the more gold you make when farming. So in that respect, at the very least, I suggest that the quantity of gold bought from the crown shop should scale with player level if nothing else. If it isn't worth spending crowns on, then no one wants to buy it (and gold isn't cosmetic [necessarily]).
  • Pet Items. I have already suggested this idea some number of months ago, but I'm quite fond of it, so I will mention it again. No one I met in-game plays the Pet Pavilion games because they want to (the cannon game is pretty fun though [projectiles]). People play the games because they have to. I breed pets, and I will say that the mini-games are boring. Go ahead and poll random players, they will say the same. If you breed/hatch pets like I do, you are there to train XP and nothing else. To get to Mega from Baby, I once trained a pet for 1.5 hours. A short time, right? I had enough mega snacks, but I had to sit through approx. 100 mini-games. The entire training session was crushing. I wasn't having any fun at all. And that's probably my greatest achievement in Wizard101... enduring the mini-games. I think players should be able to bypass the mini-games and save that time for more worthwhile activities like PVP, or anything. Really. So, I suggest that the crown shop should include potions that level up your pet to the next rank without playing mini-games. These potions would only be for XP, but I would not be against potions that give stat XP.

I will update this with more posts.