Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tarantula Hawk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Afternoon, W101 community.

I recently picked up the tarantula hawk from the shop and got "Fuel" unlocked when it turned teen. Killer, right? Problem is I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to trigger. I tried looking on google for a hint, but either didn't find the right site, or just other people trying to figure it out as well. Have any of you found out how to trigger it?

Kane Wyrmpyre

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
I think I figured it out. I got it to trigger twice last night.

1st time it did with a power link critical.
2nd time was with an immolate.

Looks to be a single target fire spell.

Kane Wyrmpyre

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
Hmm, another correction. It also triggered with a wand attack. The wand does death damage.

Currently it seems it can trigger with a single target damage spell.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Reckless Cedric on Nov 1, 2014 wrote:
Afternoon, W101 community.

I recently picked up the tarantula hawk from the shop and got "Fuel" unlocked when it turned teen. Killer, right? Problem is I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to trigger. I tried looking on google for a hint, but either didn't find the right site, or just other people trying to figure it out as well. Have any of you found out how to trigger it?

Kane Wyrmpyre
It's a hit and miss thing. I have four or five Hawks and they all have Fuel. They'll trigger with a massive critical AOE, or with a weakened wand hit. You just never know.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
You got it to trigger when hitting multiple targets? Did it cast fuel just on one of each target? I am assuming just on one?