Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reduced Begging

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a drastic reduction in the number of beggars in the Spiral? It seems like I can go days at a time now without being asked for a handout. I know this might sound warped and twisted but I think I kind of miss it!

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Beggers Need a vacation too :) They are prolly getting the message that people just dont have the money to just gift them willy nilly anymore. I am sure it will pick up again soon as the holidays are over.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
It's an interesting thing, I've noticed it too. Begging is a social contagion. Seeing it, being around it, makes it more likely to happen again. Once a few people stop broadcasting "gift me" messages in the commons, all the copycats vanish as well. So my question is where did Patient 0 go?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
LOL, beggers are still out there; their methods have simply changed.

The newest trend is for the player to ask you to friend them; and then ask you for help. Then in the middle of a fight or dungeon, or after helping them for a couple of fights; they'll ask you to gift them expensive crown items.

I always handle and respond the same way:

First, I reply, that's really funny, because I was going to ask you the same thing!

If they continue to beg, I ask them to stop begging.

If they continue to beg, I tell them to stop begging.

If they continue to beg, I give them one warning to let them know I will click the ignore button.

If they continue to beg, I click the ignore button and resume playing.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
although I really hate to say it, but i believe reason for the decrease of beggars is that school started. Let's face it, the majority of the beggars are younger players. You will probably see more of an increase in beggars during Christmas break, spring break, and then summer vacation.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I'm pretty sure they're still out there somewhere in the Spiral (these trolls lol). It doesn't bug me a whole lot....mainly because I stay away from the crowded realms. Crowded realms are where you'll find them....