Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bric-a-Brac Elixir

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2010
Wizards Something has come to my attention.
Realizing this the new arcane bundle house has a limit of 500 space. Now wondering why hasn't the Bric-Brac(For short) hasn't let you add more housing space to all houses. I haven't thought to ask if you can even buy an additional elixir of the arcane bundles house. But beside that I think all bundle houses and houses, should be increased. We've all bought bundles at the same price over the years and those should be adding allot of housing space to. Now if some of you say "Well most houses can't fit that many items anyways" I say "Yes they can" . It shouldn't matter because us wizards will spend the crowns on Bric-Brac. I do think Kingsisle should add this in a next update or even soon. Do you fellow wizards agree
AndrewEmeraldRiver Lvl100
Break that reply button

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Castle blocks don't take up as much game space though, but items with many more dimensions and surfaces take up more space and processing for the game. Their serves could experience issues. King Isle does everything they do for a good reason.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
AndrewEmeraldRiver on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:
Wizards Something has come to my attention.
Realizing this the new arcane bundle house has a limit of 500 space. Now wondering why hasn't the Bric-Brac(For short) hasn't let you add more housing space to all houses. I haven't thought to ask if you can even buy an additional elixir of the arcane bundles house. But beside that I think all bundle houses and houses, should be increased. We've all bought bundles at the same price over the years and those should be adding allot of housing space to. Now if some of you say "Well most houses can't fit that many items anyways" I say "Yes they can" . It shouldn't matter because us wizards will spend the crowns on Bric-Brac. I do think Kingsisle should add this in a next update or even soon. Do you fellow wizards agree
AndrewEmeraldRiver Lvl100
Break that reply button
It doesn't, it has 250 outdoor and 250 indoor, like all other luxury houses. 300 outdoors and 300 indoors are the limit to all houses with Bric-a-bracs. If the house is smaller, you can use multiple elixirs to increase it up to 300/300.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
You're not the only one to suggest increasing items at player houses.
I, and other players welcome this!

Some argue this would cause players with older computer systems to crash and quit the game.
This is a non-concern issue for anyone with a better system. Software programs and hardware requirements are modified and evolve with time. Ignoring this simple truth, or crossing our arms, stamping our feet, and holding our breaths until we pass out will not fix this. We can either adjust with these changes; or get left behind.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Let me tell you why there should not be more item space added to the game:

1. People will never be satisfied. Lets say we were allowed(600) item spaces, there would be people out there still complaining for more space because they eventually got to the point of finding that there was not enough item space to do what they wanted. They might reach the 600 item limit and realize its not enough to do that super amazing idea they had for their house. So I saw (Learn to manage item space)

2. Game space. Already has been explained.

3. People will focus less on creativity and just place lots of random items all over the place hoping something good enough to get the on leaderboard happens.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
Hi, KI,

I would LOVE it if you "Unlocked" housing limits, so that the more Bric-a-Brac Elixirs we buy for a given castle, the more items we could fit in them, as long as there's 'Literal' space!

I collect castles--I'm up to around 19 (yes, I'm losing track!) and I love to decorate them. (I have teleportors to and from all my "Spiral Hotel & Resort" castles!) Currently I'm redecorating my Wysteria Villa as a restaurant, and I can't fit enough tables and chairs and small items in the kitchen! Eventually one of my goals is to convert my Winter Wind Tower to my own wizarding school (undergrad, of course!), so I'm sure I'll have the same problem with student desks and chairs in each "Classroom."

Please consider this upgrade! (And just think--you can sell more Bric-a-Brac Elixirs! )

Thanks for all you do!
Eric Darkforge

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Eric,

Thank you for sharing your idea; I find all of this brilliant and inspiring. Wizard 101 needs more visionaries like yourself who are able to push past in-game limitations and boundaries.

Sure, its great some are able to work with a minimal amount of items to create an eye appealing home; while others have such a grand vision they can't be contained by any limitations.

Your themed focused house idea is brilliant; and it makes perfect sense why you want appropriate specialized items.

The fact you have teleporters connecting all of your 19 houses; simply means you found the loophole and work around solution many players who want to have more items have been searching for. What 19 houses mean to me is - you have over 11,400 items to play around with.

And with 8 decorated houses under my belt, this lets me know I have to step up my decorating game, and go out and get more houses!

Thanks again for sharing your idea with everyone Eric,

Tyler