Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some ways Wizard101 could improve.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Hunter Myth is back again. This time, I am giving my own personal ideas on how Wizard101 could improve upon itself in preparation for the next world/big update. Remember: I am one person, not the community.

1. A less linear experience.
Millions, including me, have played Wizard101 since its debut in 2008 (I played in Dec 2008, but it was still an early release stage). Since then, in each world, we are subjected to meeting the antagonist, failing to stop the main antagonist, possibly putting the world into a darker state, and then defeating the final boss in the fifth world. To me, this has become boring. The worlds are also revealed only through questing, and certain areas through certain quests. Maybe, KingsIsle could release a world that is much bigger, larger, and huger on a whole new scale with new story, quests, and more experiences to have than just another trip through a familiar arc questing style.

2. Different kinds of monsters, attacks, ways to defend (Basically, new cards).
I, for one, love the monsters and abilities in Wizard101, but when you see the same stuff for six years, it obviously becomes boring. Although Rank 11 monsters might be overpowered, we could use monsters that could be combined based on level or accumulation of levels to create new monsters, or create new spells that allow for unique defenses or attack boosts or something to make combat feel more enjoyable.

(Possibly) 3. A new combat system.
Wizard101 has one of the weirdest and possibly the worst combat system ever. Although it may seem okay in the beginning, in the end, it boils down to a jumbled, random mess of a combat system. Standing in a circle to cast a single spell might be true to a wizard, but compared to Pirate101's combat system, this combat system feels old and boring, plain and simple.

4. More customization (hair, dungeons, houses, etc.).
Wizard101 has struck goldmines with buyable hairstyles, houses, packs, etc. But what really will sell is when KingsIsle allows us to create our own hairstyles (or at least, extension), our own houses, and possibly other things, such as dungeons.The customization of the base wizard is also very bland, but in Pirate101, we have so many creation options.

5. Quest Linearity
To complement the first point, questing is controlled and formulaic. Each quest is either talk to this person, defeat this certain amount of monsters, collect this exact amount of items, or give items to these people. If this could be changed to a less structured experience, I'm sure many players would be happy.

6. A graphics update.
As a gamer, I don't really care for graphics, but this is something that I feel needs to be addressed. Pirate101's character models look much more updated, with an actual moving finger, than Wizard101's flat Sims1-style hands do. Everyone's model looks severely outdated, and an update to these models might be a good idea.

What ideas do you guys have for improvement?
Hunter Myth
Long live Wizard101.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Hunter Myth on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:
Hunter Myth is back again. This time, I am giving my own personal ideas on how Wizard101 could improve upon itself in preparation for the next world/big update. Remember: I am one person, not the community.

1. A less linear experience.
Millions, including me, have played Wizard101 since its debut in 2008 (I played in Dec 2008, but it was still an early release stage). Since then, in each world, we are subjected to meeting the antagonist, failing to stop the main antagonist, possibly putting the world into a darker state, and then defeating the final boss in the fifth world. To me, this has become boring. The worlds are also revealed only through questing, and certain areas through certain quests. Maybe, KingsIsle could release a world that is much bigger, larger, and huger on a whole new scale with new story, quests, and more experiences to have than just another trip through a familiar arc questing style.

2. Different kinds of monsters, attacks, ways to defend (Basically, new cards).
I, for one, love the monsters and abilities in Wizard101, but when you see the same stuff for six years, it obviously becomes boring. Although Rank 11 monsters might be overpowered, we could use monsters that could be combined based on level or accumulation of levels to create new monsters, or create new spells that allow for unique defenses or attack boosts or something to make combat feel more enjoyable.

(Possibly) 3. A new combat system.
Wizard101 has one of the weirdest and possibly the worst combat system ever. Although it may seem okay in the beginning, in the end, it boils down to a jumbled, random mess of a combat system. Standing in a circle to cast a single spell might be true to a wizard, but compared to Pirate101's combat system, this combat system feels old and boring, plain and simple.

4. More customization (hair, dungeons, houses, etc.).
Wizard101 has struck goldmines with buyable hairstyles, houses, packs, etc. But what really will sell is when KingsIsle allows us to create our own hairstyles (or at least, extension), our own houses, and possibly other things, such as dungeons.The customization of the base wizard is also very bland, but in Pirate101, we have so many creation options.

5. Quest Linearity
To complement the first point, questing is controlled and formulaic. Each quest is either talk to this person, defeat this certain amount of monsters, collect this exact amount of items, or give items to these people. If this could be changed to a less structured experience, I'm sure many players would be happy.

6. A graphics update.
As a gamer, I don't really care for graphics, but this is something that I feel needs to be addressed. Pirate101's character models look much more updated, with an actual moving finger, than Wizard101's flat Sims1-style hands do. Everyone's model looks severely outdated, and an update to these models might be a good idea.

What ideas do you guys have for improvement?
Hunter Myth
Long live Wizard101.
Welcome back!

I agree with most of what you've said, but do not agree with numbers 3 or 6. I do not like Pirates for the very reason of their combat style. I honestly can't stand it. Many, many games are played the way Wizard does and are quite successful; evident by now over 40 million players. There is a clear reason Pirates, though popular, isn't in the same ranks of popularity as Wizard. This is one of them.

As for #6, the graphics are fine as they are. Pirates' initial character creation looks just like a slightly more 3D, elongated version of what we already have, right down to the hairstyles (which, by the way, I totally agree we should have more real choices of - not the crowns replacement hairstyles). And many, many people are not running gamer computers. A total graphic revamp could have an affect on their ability to play correctly.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Note: KingsIsle obviously cannot throw out the old combat system entirely. I am just suggesting tweaks be made.