Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dorm room change

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
When you start W101, you get a free dorm room, which is awesome! What I HATE about it, is how small it is. What I'm asking for, is a room the size of the rooms across from our schools. you know those rooms when you walk outside of your school, they have a "tower" right across from the classroom? That's the size I'm talking about. I don't want to be able to keep more items in there, just be able to spread them out more is all. keep the item limit the same, but this would give us more space to put the same number of things.

Now, I understand that dorm rooms are usually small, with rare exception. I also understand that these are free, which is why I'm not asking for an item limit increase at all. I just feel that we should be able to spread out our stuff better in our dorm room is all.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I hate to be a contrarian but I disagree. Your reasons are sound enough but in my opinion there a lot of other issues KI should be concentrating on fixing/improving than the size of your Dorm Room. And considering how cheaply even a new player can buy a starter house it would be a waste. If you've got enough items to make your Dorm Room cramped then I'd wager that you've got enough gold to buy a house.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
TucsonWizard on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
I hate to be a contrarian but I disagree. Your reasons are sound enough but in my opinion there a lot of other issues KI should be concentrating on fixing/improving than the size of your Dorm Room. And considering how cheaply even a new player can buy a starter house it would be a waste. If you've got enough items to make your Dorm Room cramped then I'd wager that you've got enough gold to buy a house.
oh, I never said this was a critical update, because it isnt. it would just be nice to see. Sure, we can all buy houses, and early on, and for gold, but I just like the look of these rooms better than that of our dorms

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Agreed!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
The Dorm Rooms are sort of based off an actual college. Small and cramped, prompting you to buy an actual house.
And agreed on how cheap starter castles can be. You can pick up a fairly sized castle with just 8,000 gold, which you should make by level 15.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
Yah I agree with TusconWizard the size of your dorm room doesn't matter after you get your first housenad if your spending a good quality time on Wizard01 then you'll reach level tewenty pretty quickly, maybe a few weeks or so. Sophia Goldenleaf

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
I feel the same way.
Wizard101 is suppose to start like real college.
Tyler Stormfist