Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Before leaving the beginning fence.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
I am a level 91 wizard and I have trouble soloing bosses. I always have, so when I got to Khrysalis, I found I needed to solo a boss. I have yet to overcome him and I was wondering if its possible to have help for it. If not, could I have some tips for a death wizard of my level. I have a hangman's hood, sinister juju robes and blacktears wraps for my clothing, should I farm hades for gear? Is there also a good deck setup for soloing a boss? I have 4734 health and 560 mana, is this bad? Sorry for all the details and other information. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2014
Hello,
Just stopping by to say that the details are really helpful when asking a question like this one. I can't really answer you question sorry.

Alexander EarthBlood Level 43

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It would help to know which boss. There are a couple solo fights going into KR. Generally solo boss fights on death involve stacking traps on the boss, putting up a couple blades and maybe a damage aura, and hitting with a colossal crow. Since you get heath back, you can repeat this if needed. Get any unneeded junk out of your deck so you can boost and hit with drains quickly.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
Dawn Or Death on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
I am a level 91 wizard and I have trouble soloing bosses. I always have, so when I got to Khrysalis, I found I needed to solo a boss. I have yet to overcome him and I was wondering if its possible to have help for it. If not, could I have some tips for a death wizard of my level. I have a hangman's hood, sinister juju robes and blacktears wraps for my clothing, should I farm hades for gear? Is there also a good deck setup for soloing a boss? I have 4734 health and 560 mana, is this bad? Sorry for all the details and other information. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong.
if you're resist is good enough, just pile traps onto the boss and one-hit him. if you have sharpen blade/ sharpen trap, then use each one of your traps. (except for curse, its kinda useless at a high world.) then, use either avenging fossil or dr. von's monster. if you're resist or damage isn't good enough (sorry I don't know much about the gear you listed) then I recommend farming, or doing team up.
I hope this helped.
Justin firethief level 100, Michael level 59

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
I have defeated Kaliklak already and I'm just having trouble fighting Zaltanna. The storm minions don't give me a chance with all the tempests and krakens. Then there's the balance boss that spams judgements ansdd spectral blasts. I can't do it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dawn Or Death on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
I have defeated Kaliklak already and I'm just having trouble fighting Zaltanna. The storm minions don't give me a chance with all the tempests and krakens. Then there's the balance boss that spams judgements ansdd spectral blasts. I can't do it.
yes, you can.

i managed to one-hit zaltanna and the minions, on 3 wizards (balance, death, and storm); and i'm not a hardcore gamer. meaning that, if i can do it, then you can, too.

1) boost your resist and crit block

- raise these as high as you can get them, without sacrificing too much of your damage.

i was more concerned about my storm wizard than the other two, since death and balance have actual defensive stats; i had only 3300 health at level 90, but i managed to find a combination of dropped and crafted gear that allowed me to keep my damage high and still have over 200 block.

2) what gear do you have equipped?

-you should have at least waterworks (level 60 dropped) or wintertusk (level 56 crafted) gear; if you don't, i would suggest an upgrade. azteca crafted boots are great for death as well, as they will boost your block.

it may also help to upgrade your pet; if you can get one with a healing (sprite/fairy/current) or resist (proof/defy) talent, it will boost your stats immensely.

3) what's in your deck?

-keep the bare minimum number of cards in. this ensures that the cards you need are available when you need them.

-if you haven't trained the sun spells through azteca, do it naow; you'll thank me later.

von's boss deck (death, level 90+)

1 plague
1 virulent plague
2 deathblade
2 feint
2 spirit blade
2 sharpened blade
1 potent trap
1 pet deathblade
1 amulet deathblade
5 colossal
2 scarecrow
2 wraith
1 dr. von's monster
3 reshuffle

sideboard

wand hits, a few cleanse charm, and a handful of tower shields/satyrs (that way, they are there if i need them, but they aren't taking up valuable deck space).

4) time it right

-if you blade while the storm minions have full pips, you're more likely to lose those blades when they cast sirens or levy. yeah, there's always a chance they may cast enfeeble on you, but you can decrease your odds of getting robbed significantly by blading only when they have a low (or no) pip count.

hope this helps~ good luck!

-von