Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new craftable mounts are much to easy to craft

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I am very disappointed by the fact that they were made so easy to craft and able to be crafted at apprentice level. These are high tech mounts. It does not seem ideal, they should be so easy to craft. I personally think that should have been (at least) 5 sonic springs to craft. In fact 8 sonic springs would be even better because I got so many of these drops. Now I see so many people with these mounts around Wizard101, it seems like their value just is not there. I'd like to request King isle make another version of these mounts that looks much better then make it paid or much harder to craft. Tell me what you think.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
First, it took me 3 hours to get one sonic spring. Not to mention the catfish, which seem to be non existant in the commons ponds, which are the only place they spawn. And 25 springs, a rare reagent? They are definitely not cheap, but well worth it for a permanent mount.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
It would take me more than a month to just get more than 1 spring. In fact, if you think about it, I haven't been getting any drops of the sonic spring; only one. XD Yeah, the drop rates are not very good for me.

ExaltedHarbinger of Light

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
No. The Digmoore pogo is hard enough to craft already, with 10 Brain Sturgeons. Sonic Springs are not the only limiting factor.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Four things to be aware of when crafting these mount recipes:

This exclusive Mount Recipe is sold by Rose Piper during the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event.
2. You must have the Apprentice Crafter Badge

3. You have to fish - fishing in the game is time consuming
4. The Sonic Spring is only available as a drop during the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event.
Who do you get crafting badges from?
Eudora Tangletree for Novice Crafter; Wul’yahm for Apprentice Crafter

What are the new mount recipes?
Digmoore Station Pogo Stick 'The Steampunk', Ravenwood Pogo Stick 'The Bartleby'

Vendor Rose Piper
Cost: 60,000 Gold
Crafting Rank Required: Apprentice Crafter
Crafting Station Required: Equipment Crafting Station

Digmoore Station Pogo Stick
'The Steampunk'

Ingredients
:

10 - Clockwork Spider
10 - Brain Sturgeon
1 - Sonic Spring
10 - Silver Trumpet Vine
25 - Scrap Iron
25 - Spring
15 - Bronze Gear
10 -
Leather Straps

Ravenwood Pogo Stick 'The Bartleby'

Ingredients
:

15 - Snow Shield
5 - Catfish
1 - Sonic Spring
20 - Trumpet Vine
15 - Sapphire
25 - Scrap Iron
25 - Spring
10 - Leather Straps

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Not sure how one would come away thinking these recipes are easy. I chose to craft the snow shields for the Ravewood mount, simply because I'm ice, and it took me about 3 minutes. Fishing the Commons for the Catfish was extremely time consuming. I had to farm the Aunties multiple times before I received a Sonic Spring, and we won't even get into trying to get all the scrap iron and "normal" springs. Between the farming, the gold spent on reagents and Trumpet Vines, and the fishing, I found the Ravenwood mount pretty challenging.

I am now waiting for the Nightmare pack, so I can plant Clockwork Flowers, and hopefully amass my Clockwork Spider treasure cards for the Digmoore mount. I have everything else, having spent the past 2 days fishing in Krokotopia, and raiding my shared bank and other wizards for Silver Trumpet Vines and reagents. Had to farm those Aunties again for another Sonic Spring, too. I hope to have that mount crafted before Thanksgiving, but I am relying solely on Clockwork Flowers for those treasure cards, as I do not have time to farm for them.

Just because the crafting level required for the recipes is low does not mean the mounts are easy to craft.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:

This exclusive Mount Recipe is sold by Rose Piper during the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event.

4. The Sonic Spring is only available as a drop during the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event.

Digmoore Station Pogo Stick 'The Steampunk', Ravenwood Pogo Stick 'The Bartleby'

Vendor Rose Piper

'The Steampunk'

Ingredients
:

10 - Clockwork Spider
10 - Brain Sturgeon
1 - Sonic Spring
10 - Silver Trumpet Vine
25 - Scrap Iron
25 - Spring
15 - Bronze Gear
10 -
Leather Straps

Ingredients
:

15 - Snow Shield
5 - Catfish
1 - Sonic Spring
20 - Trumpet Vine
15 - Sapphire
25 - Scrap Iron
25 - Spring
10 - Leather Straps
This is a great reply. I'd also like to remind the OP that in order to craft the Digmoore mount, you really need your higher-level fishing spells, which you can only get once you have completed the GH fishing quest. And keep in mind that there are players who do not have access to Marleybone, and will be using quite a bit of gold, trying to purchase both scrap iron and spring in the Bazaar.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Here, here, and agreed on the subject of scrap iron. And where are the WC journeymen crafters going to get those Clockwork spider cards, without help from others? If you can't go to CL, for seeds, it becomes much tougher. It sounds like you were very lucky getting your sonic springs. I have a high level friend who has been trying all week with no luck. The largest limiting factor will be the one week only, to get the crucial sonic spring. You will be able to ride your pogo in pride. People are just showing off their new mounts right now, so it seems like there are more of them. I bet many of those who have them are grandmaster crafter or higher, even if they put them on a lower wizard.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Chase DragonRider on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
First, it took me 3 hours to get one sonic spring. Not to mention the catfish, which seem to be non existant in the commons ponds, which are the only place they spawn. And 25 springs, a rare reagent? They are definitely not cheap, but well worth it for a permanent mount.
Rare reagent? In all honesty I don't think they are rare. I been farming them quite a bit and have 13 sonic springs right now. I once got 2 dropped twice in a row after doing two different bosses. So many other things in this game are so much harder to craft but much less valuable than those mounts. Just saying and fishing? A person can find about 5 catfish in about 30 minutes if they are have the right spells know how to fish good. Brain sturgeons are harder to find though yes, but still.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Tylerwildpants on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:

Vendor Rose Piper

'The Steampunk'

Ingredients
:

10 - Clockwork Spider
10 - Brain Sturgeon
1 - Sonic Spring
10 - Silver Trumpet Vine
25 - Scrap Iron
25 - Spring
15 - Bronze Gear
10 -
Leather Straps

Ingredients
:

15 - Snow Shield
5 - Catfish
1 - Sonic Spring
20 - Trumpet Vine
15 - Sapphire
25 - Scrap Iron
25 - Spring
10 - Leather Straps
If you think that is hard to craft, try crafting a carousel.
The Sonic Spring is only available as a drop during the Five B.O.X.E.S. Event.
This is true, but lots of them can be collected and when the event is gone will still be able to craft them. If people seriously think this recipe is too hard to craft, then they gonna have a REALLY hard time with other recipes in the game.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Like all the other respondents so far, I completely disagree with the OP. Your estimates of both drop rates and fishing ease seem to be way off.

The sonic springs are only available during this event, so people can only get them for a limited time, and not everyone has hours and hours to farm this event over and over. If you got sonic springs that easily, your experience is not the same as most people in the game.

The clockwork spider TC's can only be farmed from Khrysalis level bosses, or harvested from clockwork flowers (which are also rare).

The fish required for the recipes are all rare fish. Your success with catfish is completely out of line with my experience and that of my daughter -- it takes time to get them, especially if you don't have the higher-level fishing spells.

the recipes are not too easy, not by a long shot.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
Anyone got any tips on catfish fishing? I am a level 3 apprentice angler and can't find any catfish. That's all I have left for the pogo!
Please help!
-Chase DragonTamer lvl 57
-Chris StormRider lvl 12

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I'll have to respectfully disagree about the "easy" difficulty with the craftable B.O.X.E.S. mounts.
The Marleybone Pogo for instance... this requires 10 Brain Sturgeons - energy and time consuming but easy enough to get - and 1 sonic spring - I suppose it's easy considering the challenge presented by the bosses that drop it. The problem is getting them to drop one. I realize that it's all random chance and I'm sure some folks have had very good luck getting a sonic spring drop. I have not after many, many tries. It gets old very quickly running back and forth and listening to (or rapidly clicking through) all of The Professor's dialogue. And considering the small window in which the events occur, farming for a sonic spring might be all I do for the next week.
But on top of all that, there's the Clockwork Spider TCs. Sure, the recipe only calls for Apprentice rank but the TCs are only available as a drop from bosses in Khrysalis, drops from Clockwork Flowers (which I have yet to see after nearly 8 months of playing), and getting extremely lucky and quick to click in the Bazaar.
I'm not complaining. I agree they should not be easy to craft but I definitely don't think they're too easy the way they are.

On a related, embarrassing side note:
I sent a "bug" report to the KI folks regarding the Marleybone Pogo in which I related the fact that I had purchased the Pogo for $60K gold from Rose in the B.O.X. and could not find it anywhere in my inventory. In fact, I was surprised that I could buy it so cheaply and with gold no less since the item is listed as Crowns Only! Only after sending the report did I re-visit Rose just to make sure I wasn't dreaming all of this and at that point realized I had purchased the "Recipe" - not the actual item. And yes, I did send a follow up to KI to inform them that I was, indeed, an idiot and to disregard my report because the only thing bugged was my attention.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
No... They are plenty hard enough.
Especially with Springs in such high demand right now.
The Digmoore Pogo Stick is very hard with the Clockwork Spiders and fish...

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Well it is a minimum of Apprentice Crafter I believe. That being said I believe Kingsisle was trying to make it so EVERYONE can craft them instead of making it extremely hard. Do you want Kingsisle to put 100 Amber? How about 200 Turquoise? Or maybe 250 Sunstone I think 250 sounds like an awesome addition to these recipes! I'm just kidding about those but seriously, why make Apprentice Crafting recipes as hard as Promethean Crafting. It's like a Level 20 in Marleybone crafting an entire set of the Khrysalis Crafted gear. I have to disagree with this just like everybody else, they are at the perfect difficulty for crafting.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
In response to the catfish mission; I don't spend lots of time at the commons just for that fish. I just go to the pond and look around the fish to see if there are any faster fish then others. If i see one I put the reveal schools spell to see if is a fire fish. If it is, I throw in my lure and I pull out a catfish! Nine times out of ten I end up with a catfish. Also the catfish aren't necessarily smaller, but they are definitely faster than the rest.

In response to the issue with the reagents difficult to find; I used to have that problem and it drove me nuts! I then realized why I had that problem. I was only looking for reagents when something new came out which means so are all the other wizards! So now, each time I go to the bazaar and sell stuff I am constantly stocking up my reagents all the way up 999 which is the max you can have, and I keep them all in my shared bank so that all my wizards have access to them.

My advise to those who are not a high level in crafting would be to purchase the recipe if you can; sometimes you have to be a certain level just to buy the recipe, continue to do the quests that you can only get that reagent from, especially if there is a time issue. And again by the reagents when you sell items to stock up so you aren't buying when everyone else is and the price is way to high!

Be patient that is the fun of the game is working toward goals!