Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Click and drag plots

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2011
Many suggestions have been made re gardening improvements, unfortunately the related threads are now locked. So new idea, new thread.

Any avid gardener knows that to fit 80+ small plots under a major spell circle and plant the seeds in them takes a considerable amount of time. It's long-winded and becomes boring, which can never have been KI's intention. This is only slightly improved when re-planting after an elder harvest.
So the idea goes like this. How about a click and drag plotting/planting function in the gardening menu?

That way, if you prefer rows/rectangles choose that as your shape, if like me you prefer circles (tip to new gardeners - it's for spell coverage) choose that. Then we could click and drag our shape to the desired size and the game counts and plants the individual plots, deducting the right amount of energy when we click ok to confirm. Then to make that function even better, the same principle for planting so you click and drag over the plots with a preselected seed and the game plants it for us in the plots under the template. All of a sudden gardening just got way simpler and quicker, meaning we can get out of the garden and quest!
Would others find a feature like this useful?

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
I would absolutely find this helpful. Simple and efficient.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
this is such a beautiful idea. this is definitely something that should be added to the game! it would certainly enhance my gardening

Sydney Lotus level 78 Transcended Necromancer

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I would be happy if gardening did not count against housing. Each plot and plant counting against your decorating quota is ridiculous. I ended up having to get rid of items just so I could continue to garden.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
ElvenGoddess86 on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
I would be happy if gardening did not count against housing. Each plot and plant counting against your decorating quota is ridiculous. I ended up having to get rid of items just so I could continue to garden.
Yes totally agree with this or maybe at least each counting as just one spot instead of 2.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
ElvenGoddess86 on Oct 7, 2014 wrote:
You should be using a house specifically for gardening, like the Red Barn Farm. You can easily fit 100 plots in there.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
We're all wizards afterall...

...so having a garden spell that naturally places the maximum number of small, medium, or large plots into your large garden spell area is a fantastic suggestion.

Let's take this even further, and create a stackable garden spell that lets me either create a stack of single or multiple columns and rows of stacked plots, that can also be placed in the large garden spell area too.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Robobot -not everyone can afford the Red Barn, either in crown or coin. I have 6 on one account, and none of them have money because of crafting or buying equipment.