Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I don't think soil and pots should count in space

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
When soil of pots are used for plants an extra space is taken up and I this is rather annoying because when I would like to plant lots of plants in houses it means that plants will consume much extra item space in the house. Maybe pots but not soil at least. I'd appreciate something like this.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
I absolutely agree! There is already a low item maximum across the board on the inside and outside of the houses no matter how big a home you have. Of course if you want to put in more items then you have to buy the elixir with crowns. It would be nice for the game to consider a completed plant or music player with the songs; anything along those lines, as one item.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The item limit counts the number of entities. You can only have 300 total, with an elixir, because any more could lag you or others. That's also why you can only have 50 mounts/pets. If you're really serious about gardening, get the Red Barn Farm and garden there. You can have up to 125 plots there, 150 if you use an elixir. That's plenty.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Robobot1747 on Sep 26, 2014 wrote:
The item limit counts the number of entities. You can only have 300 total, with an elixir, because any more could lag you or others. That's also why you can only have 50 mounts/pets. If you're really serious about gardening, get the Red Barn Farm and garden there. You can have up to 125 plots there, 150 if you use an elixir. That's plenty.
Well this was actually for house decorating purposes, but I kinda see you have a point about the lag. Some extra space would be nice though.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I'm not sure you're taking the right approach to this. The item limit is mostly there to stop the housing servers from bursting into flames. I'm from the school of thought that thinks that as long as they have a sufficiently powerful server, all they really have to do is prevent infinite items. So in conclusion, make plots and pots take up space, but plants don't. Just like how a fish tank counts as a single item whether a fish is in it or not.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
The lag is something that is always an issue and can be fixed like any other computer lag. The internal makings of the game isn't our issue or concern that is the concern of the company behind the game. Our's is only to speak out about what we would like to see on the game from a players perspective.