Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Loremaster's drop rates

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2011
I just beat the Loremaster yesterday, and I was wondering how frequently (or infrequently, for that matter) the Loremaster drops new spells. I only battled her once, and I wanted to know if it was worth farming for new spells, preferably Krampus, Lord of Night, or Savage Paw. How many battles did it take you guys to get a new spell?

Kane Deathmask, Wizard

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I've been farming her since I reached dragonspyre and i have only received a loremaster treasure card....also I'm currently at the three lock box quest I'm telling you this so you know how long I've been in dragonspyre I hope this info helps.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
There have been many threads on this question, esp. in the Dragonspyre section. The drop rates for the spells are very low -- maybe one spell for every 200-300 runs, if that. I have farmed her since May with my daughter. So far, I have got one spell, my daughter two -- and all those within the last week or two.

You do get a lot of loot and treasure cards, but very few spells.

Good Luck!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Random - Random - Random

My Fire wizard got Krampus as a first spell drop after less than a dozen attempts. Extremely good luck! Since then however, probably more than one hundred more attempts that wizard has only gotten two more spells, both non-fire.

My Life wizard has averaged about a spell every fifty to seventy attempts. Still fairly decent luck since I've managed to get both of the Life spells in a total of seven spells gained.

My Balance wizard has had the best luck - a total of eleven spells in about a six month time frame. All of the Balance spells except Loremaster itself.

I've known people to get a spell drop their first time out...and I've known people that have been farming for months and have never gotten one.

Random - Random - Random