Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-29-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Friday, Friday, Friday, and it's time for Feedback, Feedback, Feedback! Let's not delay.

Today may be a somewhat of a repeat, but it's been a while, and we've discovered a lot in the Spiral since, so I will ask it again. What boss monster have you returned to the most, and why? Is it because you find the battle fun? The chance to drop great loot items? The gold? They're mean and evil, and you like to see them defeated?

Looking forward to your replies. Have a magical and wonderful weekend, a long, holiday one if you celebrate!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
Boss? Awwwww :c Well, Lost Souls and Rattlebones, mostly because of that 1 gold they give :D

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
Well I keep going to my death house to go in my spiral cup gauntlet to get rare drops like pets and clothes, equipment, and especially exp and gold.
Lvl 53 Aeden SoulHunter

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Loremaster for a chance at spells.

Earling the Unready, and some other WinterTusk bosses for quick gold. I like Earling better than Halfang because porting respawns him and there are wisps outside.

Waterworks for pretty much the best gear in the game.

Tower of the Helephant for other loot and because the boss fights are really interesting but it isn't crazy long.

Lately the first two fights in Helgrind Warren on fishing trips. Can't say I'm crazy about that one, but I wanted the fish.

Nightshade for holiday stuff. We usually do that on low levels to keep it sporting.

I like the Halloween towers too because it feels special when they are up. I hope there will be a new one (higher level) and maybe a Christmas event with a "Grinch" kind of monster.

Community Leader
Halfang Bristlecrown for gold farming.

Hades for Tartarus gear.

Morganthe for possible amulets.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I love seeing the cut scene for Morganthe - so I enjoy fighting her.

But I have probably returned to Yakedo most. The degined gear is just to die for!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Hero
May 02, 2009
Probably the Gurtok Barrier Demon as I letigimately enjoy fighting him every now and then, even though we're both Fire wizards.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I'd say either lord nightshade or the secret boss in mount Olympus

Andrew Goldenhunter Lv. 40

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
Frankly Professor Falima, the only time I return to any of the bosses is if the quest happens to take me back or during the Halloween festivities.

Returning to farm them in an attempt to get good gear for my wizard is something I no longer attempt to do.
I just do not have the time, or patience, to farm a boss trying to get a good gear drop for my Storm Wizard.

I just do not seem to have any good luck doing so.

Believe me I have tried, and tried, and tried some more with no success. Fighting a boss 50 times, and more, with nothing being dropped that I can use with my wizard is frustrating and not at all fun.

I really enjoy questing and do appreciate having good gear on my wizard, but I refuse to farm any boss for now. Maybe it things change I would reconsider, but as they currently stand... no.

I would love for the bosses to drop items that worth is more on the same level as their rank and fighting powers.

Sadly that is not the case.

It is disappointing to fight a VERY difficult boss only to end up with a bunch of seeds, pet food and treasure cards. It is even more of a disappointment when you have had to use crowns to hire a Mercenary, or two, to help you out!

Sometimes I do wonder if you remember that there are people who are not big time gamers and PVP fans who are also playing Wizards101 but purely for "family fun" and "relaxing entertainment."

We are out there playing you know.......

Survivor
May 28, 2011
I farm Halfang Bristlecrown because he drops items that give lots of gold. So we earn about 100,000 gold after doing about 30 min of farming him. Or I tend to farm a boss that drop crown items; I look on wiki to see who drops what.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2013
Well a lot of different bosses in Khrysalis, mostly because of the really good drops. Also, I go to the Jabberwocky in Avalon whenever I can find good help, just because he's fun and a challenge. I enjoy a good challenge.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
I have been farming Stoker because I want the spider golem pet and Koto for the ninja pigs spell.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Cronus gives good drops, Morganthe times four is nice animations, any stormrider dropper is fun (in season, of course!!), but I think any boss who threatens death / horrible injury in its pre-fight taunt needs to be thrashed at least five times, just to teach it some manners!!!!!!!!

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Definitely Morganthe. I've been to her countless times trying to get her Balance Amulet and Athame. I got the Amulet, but, sadly, no sign of the Athame.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2014
I want a rework on all the hit all spells.

i want them to be like Morganthe hit all, when she crushes the ground and it hits all four players

it will cut down in the spell time, heck it will just be plain awesome

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
The only reason I return to a boss is because it has something I want. Most of the time it is dropped gear that will enable me to PvP with the absolute best stats available.

In general, the top farming places in the game +Level 90 for me are:
Hades (Hat, Robe, Shoes)
Chronus (Athame)
Gladiator Dimachaerus (Ring)
Morganthe (Amulets)

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
My necromancer is the only one who farms at the moment (though my other three wizards will msot likely have the same hit list). Her favorite victims are......

Loremaster for spells

Halfang Bristlecrown for gold

Cronus for amber (and oh please, oh please, oh please! Blade of the Felled Titan)

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Master Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Adept Theurgist

Explorer
Sep 01, 2009
I probably return to Hades the most, it's such a long trek to do...but...me wantz that gear.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Oops, I just hit my keyboard by mistake, sorry if there is a duplicate, half written post above, but I don't think I posted it yet. Darn keys jumping up into my hands!

To answer the question, although I've spent most of my time on the "dark side" (P101) lately, the W101 bosses I return to the most are Loremaster and Belloq (Waterfront.)

Loremaster because of the spells and it's always easy to get a quick full random team.

Belloq because it's such a fun battle. I enjoy using my little spells and a different assortment of spells than usual. I also enjoy helping out random people who go into his battle not knowing what to expect. He defeated me the first time, then I searched and found out what I did wrong. So now sometimes I go park by his tent and hit team up until a random person happens along. Supposedly he drops pets, but I have yet to get one. Hear that, Belloq? Grrr! It's also quick, which I like (and why Waterworks and other long dungeons are not on my list!)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have probably farmed Mt Olympus the most on my high level wizard for the level 30 Senators gear for my up and coming wizards to us.

I was taking a break from questing etc. and helped a lot of others though in the mean time and usually only took 15-20 mins to run though it.

Other wise I am not farm material and really don't do it. I did Waterworks way back when on my life then death wizard and found it to disappointing and boring to repeat with any of my other wizards I would make. I am not dedicated enough to repeat something with no results many times..

Mary

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Boss fights are my main activity in game. I usually go to where people ask for help - world ending dungeons, cheat bosses, and farming spots. I've probably done Waterworks the most (great gear!) though i wish there were fewer mob fights. Lately the Gladiator and Cronus have been in demand too, and Jabberwock & the cheating Belloqs because people have trouble with those solo.

It's a shame no one farms the Plaza of Conquests or the pylon bosses in CL any more. Those open "party" bosses can be fun but they have nothing we need.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I usually fight bosses for two things: gold and loot, but there are times I fight them for fun.

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I'll fight Loremaster for spell drops, and Gladiator for Amber Regent.

And I'm often asked to help players fight Cronus, Hades and Morganthe.