Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Darkmoor

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Darkmoor is a world that has been mentioned numerous times in both Pirate and Wizard. This raises a question- what is Darkmoor?

What do you think Darkmoor is like? We know it is a world of Death, and we know it is Burton-esque in design. We know that many strange things have came from Darkmoor, many alien forms of Magic that have had an impact on Witchdoctors, Wysterians, and even their Marleybonian governors, but what is the story behind it? What is going on in Darkmoor? That is what I ask.

What I think-

Darkmoor. Dark East. The grand 12 Island-colonies of the Marleybonian Mercantile. For years, Marleybone has kept a strong grip on the Colony and the Colony has flourished had expanded as a result. Full of Expatriate Druids, Raccoons, and Ducks, as well as civilized Frogs, the colony grew from a patch of Necromancer Raccoon Pilgrims and into a new civilization.

However, this changed during the Felin-Amphibian wars. When, the Dogs, Cats, Toads and Frogs all came out to enter war, the Marleybonians ended up severely in debt. By the end of the Seven month war, The Marleybonians realized they would have to increase their grip and their economic hold on the Sky-islands of the Dark East in order to stay above their other enemies.

And now, Darkmoor is ready for revolt. As the strength of Marleybone expands, so does the feeling of Darkmoorian independance. Alliances now made with cats and toads, the Druids and Ducks and Racoons now gear up for a revolution, led by some of the best Marleybonian generals like George Woofington and Nathaniel Grey.

Marleybone, to is ready to crush the rebellion... and they have an invaluable ally, one who has been trained in the arts of Magical warfare more than any Marleybonian ever was.

They have a Wizard up their sleeve.

I don't know what the story would be like beyond that, but that's what I tihnk the backstory of the world will be and what its time in the game is all about.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Belgrim Soulthief on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
Darkmoor is a world that has been mentioned numerous times in both Pirate and Wizard. This raises a question- what is Darkmoor?

What do you think Darkmoor is like? We know it is a world of Death, and we know it is Burton-esque in design. We know that many strange things have came from Darkmoor, many alien forms of Magic that have had an impact on Witchdoctors, Wysterians, and even their Marleybonian governors, but what is the story behind it? What is going on in Darkmoor? That is what I ask.

What I think-

Darkmoor. Dark East. The grand 12 Island-colonies of the Marleybonian Mercantile. For years, Marleybone has kept a strong grip on the Colony and the Colony has flourished had expanded as a result. Full of Expatriate Druids, Raccoons, and Ducks, as well as civilized Frogs, the colony grew from a patch of Necromancer Raccoon Pilgrims and into a new civilization.

However, this changed during the Felin-Amphibian wars. When, the Dogs, Cats, Toads and Frogs all came out to enter war, the Marleybonians ended up severely in debt. By the end of the Seven month war, The Marleybonians realized they would have to increase their grip and their economic hold on the Sky-islands of the Dark East in order to stay above their other enemies.

And now, Darkmoor is ready for revolt. As the strength of Marleybone expands, so does the feeling of Darkmoorian independance. Alliances now made with cats and toads, the Druids and Ducks and Racoons now gear up for a revolution, led by some of the best Marleybonian generals like George Woofington and Nathaniel Grey.

Marleybone, to is ready to crush the rebellion... and they have an invaluable ally, one who has been trained in the arts of Magical warfare more than any Marleybonian ever was.

They have a Wizard up their sleeve.

I don't know what the story would be like beyond that, but that's what I tihnk the backstory of the world will be and what its time in the game is all about.
From what I remember Darkmoor has never been mentioned in Wizard101 only numerous times in Pirate101. This story seems more fitting in Pirate101 than Wizard101.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
it would be a nice idea to have it as a world but if we did i dont think it should be the next world. i think darkmoor should be three worlds away from right now. cause i dont want the old cob arc to be all dark and evil worlds. but i hope it starts out as one but just not darkmoor. so thats why i hope it is three worlds away.