Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Wizard Names

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 17, 2009
I think it's time you added a few newer names to select from for our wizards. At least 10 for girls and 10 for boys would be something. Or give us the option of naming our own wizards. You could have it so that each wizard's typed in name must be approved by a KI staff member before allowing the wizard into the world to play with. Just a thought.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
New names seem simple enough to add, would spice things up a bit. Here are some suggestions I have made previously.

Male:
Anselm
Caedmon
Frog
Nigel
Seamus
Soren
Tybalt

Female:
Grey
June
Karen
Marcia
Pippa
Siri
Yulie

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Here are a couple I thought of for girls
Isabel
Cora
Selena
Phoebe
Sapphire
Veronica
Vivian
Elsa
Maya
Mia

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
It would be nice if they had a lot of unique names (maybe some from different parts of the world). It's getting tiring seeing the same names again and again, as opposed to the real world where you see so many different ones.
Tara

Survivor
Feb 18, 2013
Squire
May 10, 2013
Lucas Rain on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
New names seem simple enough to add, would spice things up a bit. Here are some suggestions I have made previously.

Male:
Anselm
Caedmon
Frog
Nigel
Seamus
Soren
Tybalt

Female:
Grey
June
Karen
Marcia
Pippa
Siri
Yulie
Frog? Really?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
PlayHard101 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Frog? Really?
Why not? There are fictional characters named Frog. Frog is short, easy to type, and I think it sounds nice for a video game character. It wouldn't be the only animal name (Wolf). It would be particularly fitting for Myth students. I think it's mainly a matter of getting past the weirdness of having to think "Frog, my friend," instead of "frog, an amphibian."

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Lucas Rain on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:

Male:
Anselm
Caedmon
Frog
Nigel
Seamus
Soren
Tybalt

Female:
Grey
June
Karen
Marcia
Pippa
Siri
Yulie
These sound like names that would be on Wizard101's UK version. Frog is kind of a weird name and Siri is an iPhone app I believe Anyways I like the names Grey, Marcia, and Yulie

Survivor
Jan 26, 2011
I think we should too its a great idea.

Melissa GoldenGem Level 40

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
11 names for girls: Vicky, Lizzie, Marty, Pyra ( fire name like pyro ), Kimmy, Willa, Elsa, Venus, London, Frilla, Zarina, Silvia ( or sylvia ). Sorry if they don't sound super good. I was basically thinking of anything I could instantly think of and tried to turn it into a girly name. 10 for boys: Max, Manny, Greg, Rodrick, Rowley, Neptune, Wally, Pyre, Philly, Lenny. I kinda based a couple of them on diary of a wimpy kid lol. Forgive me if there are a couple already I don't memorize them all.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Megan Frostflame on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
These sound like names that would be on Wizard101's UK version. Frog is kind of a weird name and Siri is an iPhone app I believe Anyways I like the names Grey, Marcia, and Yulie
Thanks! Btw, long before the iPhone, Siri was a common Norwegian name for girls.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I think they should let girls have the name "Quinn" because that name has actually been gaining popularity for girls over the past few years and some girls are named Quinn so yeah.