Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

going group

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
Ok, we have a going solo thread, how about a going group thread.

I am new to this game so have two topics of interest to me.

1) group etiquette? - battle (coop on traps and healing I guess), and how to find a group.
2) what classes are in demand for groups at higher levels (say 50+)?

The class question is my main interest but some group etiquette won't hurt either.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Jesse LifeMancer on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Ok, we have a going solo thread, how about a going group thread.

I am new to this game so have two topics of interest to me.

1) group etiquette? - battle (coop on traps and healing I guess), and how to find a group.
2) what classes are in demand for groups at higher levels (say 50+)?

The class question is my main interest but some group etiquette won't hurt either.
Well group etiquette...before the battle, figure out who is the tank, who is the buffer, who is the offensive, and who is the healer.
If you don't discuss this before the battle, storm is likely to be thought of automatically as the offensive one. Everyone would expect healing spells from the life person, and so on. So if you have a school that has a stereo type, make sure you tell your group if you aren't going to be like that.
The tank must have high health and a lot of shielding cards because the first one in to battle will get attacked the most.
The healer must be willing to heal constantly and keep everyone including themselves in good health.
The buffer must be able to blade stack and have a large inventory of blades and traps that apply to everyone's schools.
The offensive person must have strong spells and be able to attack quickly and a lot of times.
Note: All these players must have a variety of spells, attack, defense, healing, and buffing spells. Just some will carry more or less.
So the tank goes into battle first followed by the healer, the buffer, and the offensive person(preferably offensive is last and tank is first, but buffer and healer don't matter much.) And then they battle.
Classes that are in demand are probably storm(there's a lot of those so you won't have a problem finding one), life, balance, and a lot of times ice. This does not mean the other schools not mentioned aren't capable, they just aren't the schools you first think of for the four parts of a team.
I don't really know how people find a group. I solo most of the time or press the team up button. I do not have text chat so it is really hard to let people know exactly what kind of help I need. For quests, I can't say "I need help on.." I have to say "I'm going to..." or "Let's go.." And plus when people find out I don't have text chat they generally avoid me.
But good luck getting your team together!
Myrna Dragoncloud

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014