Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I play Pirate101?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Should I play Pirate101? I have never played it before. People say it is confusing to battle but Wizard101 was confusing at first since I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to cast some of my spells that requires multiple pips even if I had enough mana to cast them. So I really don't know if I want to play it or not.
I do really like wizards but pirates are okay too and when has a King's Isle game ever been bad?
Is it worth a try?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Should I play Pirate101? I have never played it before. People say it is confusing to battle but Wizard101 was confusing at first since I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to cast some of my spells that requires multiple pips even if I had enough mana to cast them. So I really don't know if I want to play it or not.
I do really like wizards but pirates are okay too and when has a King's Isle game ever been bad?
Is it worth a try?
Since you are already a Wizard101 member you are joined as one to Pirates automatically. In the beginning this created a bit of a problem when people accidentally credited crowns or memberships to the wrong game. I never was happy with that idea since I never played Pirates though my Wizard101 accounts and really didn't want to be counted as a member of a game I don't play. Sort of like KI made an instant member base to their new game because you play Wizard101?

Try the free to play part and see if you like it. I personally didn't care for it but I have very limited appeal to any games in general.

Mary

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I think playing Pirate101 is pretty fun. I am a Level 58 Buccaneer and struggling in Aquila, darn Harpies!! Anyways, I usually switch off between Wizard101 and Pirate101 when they have an update so if there's no updates in Wizard101 I go to Pirate101 and if there is an update in Wizard101 then I go back to Wizard101. And the combat system is pretty simple and seems somewhat easier than Wizard101 it's kinda like chess but less complicated.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
I would say, try it out. The very first time I've played it, I didn't understand ANYTHING. But, after a year I tried it again, LOVED IT! It took me about two weeks to fully understand how the game went, stats, companions, ships, cards, etc. The only thing that I hate about it is, the updates, you hardly get anything compared to Wizard101. When I came back to Wizard101 (I took a "break" from Wizard101 for a year) two months ago, it was funny reading through everything that went on, updates, pets, complainers, etc. So, yes it's worth a try in my opinion. If you love the Myth school in Wizard101, you should love/like Pirate101 even more, since you basically are controlling minions, if that's your thing. After I started around a year ago, I have gotten over 100 companions!! (109) Have two level 65's, one level 60 or 62, I forgot, I haven't quested on any of them in seven months due to me questing faster than I get updates, so I'm kind of waiting for a new level update, so I can do something! Best of luck on the game, if you chose to play it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Is it worth a try?
Try it... it's free to start just like Wizard101.

If you like it.. continue. If not, don't. Not difficult.

Personally, I didn't care for it (and beta tested it) even though I've gone back a few times. Everyone has their own taste...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Aug 10, 2014 wrote:
Since you are already a Wizard101 member you are joined as one to Pirates automatically. In the beginning this created a bit of a problem when people accidentally credited crowns or memberships to the wrong game. I never was happy with that idea since I never played Pirates though my Wizard101 accounts and really didn't want to be counted as a member of a game I don't play. Sort of like KI made an instant member base to their new game because you play Wizard101?

Try the free to play part and see if you like it. I personally didn't care for it but I have very limited appeal to any games in general.

Mary
Having a Wizard101 membership gives you absolutely nothing in Pirate101. Having an account gives access to both games, but membership and crowns are totally separate for each.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
i play pirate 101 {but not very good at it} and it is fun, just like wizard 101. the story line is very good and fun. i highly recommend you play it.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
Having a Wizard101 membership gives you absolutely nothing in Pirate101. Having an account gives access to both games, but membership and crowns are totally separate for each.
Sorry if I worded my post wrong or you misunderstood - I mean we are already a member of Wizard101 that doesn't have anything to do with paying or having a "membership". I don't think I mentioned "membership" in my post.

I do know in the beginning many thought since they subscribed and paid for membership to Wizards they were automatically subscribed and shared this membership with Pirates and there was a little confusion, maybe because it automatically showed up on your accounts page.

I don't know any other world that describes the player base of the game so choose member.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
Sorry if I worded my post wrong or you misunderstood - I mean we are already a member of Wizard101 that doesn't have anything to do with paying or having a "membership". I don't think I mentioned "membership" in my post.

I do know in the beginning many thought since they subscribed and paid for membership to Wizards they were automatically subscribed and shared this membership with Pirates and there was a little confusion, maybe because it automatically showed up on your accounts page.

I don't know any other world that describes the player base of the game so choose member.

Mary
Player would be a better choice. Member mean membership. But even so it's still confusing with your post. You can use the same login is all. Creating an account creates an account that can work on both. It doesn't automatically create a character or give membership to both though, just shared login accounts. Your first post said that being a member of Wizard101 makes you automatically joined to Pirate101. It doesn't. Creating a Wizard101 account allows you to use that same account on Pirate101 to create a character there and vice versa, but nothing crosses over between except using the same username and password.