Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help with pet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 04, 2013
OK guys, i have now been a pretty good person with pets and i have never had this problem before. But here is the problem. I have a frankenbunny pet and it has some good stats on it and it is at ancient. So to keep the good talents it had so far, i decided to hatch. BUT I HAVE HATCHED 5 TIMES NOW and got the same bunny back!

So thats about 40 000 gold per hatch ( all hatched with rain beetles, trying to get the pet )

So thats 40 000 X 5=200 000 GOLD WASTED!

Help please!

Talon Spiritbreaker level 49 Diviner

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
When i am after a certain pets look i will spend the time only hatching with one person until the process is complete and have what i am after. i start by just going for the look as i have most of the traits i want on other pets i have and use to make most of my pets, i use first generation pets (with start trait i am wanting on final pet ) to help with this as the pedegree is lower than the pet look i am after and 8/10 times it only takes one or to hatches to get it ( hop on the hatch pad second and accept first ) . then to make it fair to other hatcher (as there not getting much from me out of the first step) i hatch any other good pet of mine with good traits with them to give them the start to a new pet with different trait set. most are happy to do this as long as you set out the agreed process and let them choose the pet from a set bunch for second part . As i am a member i even go to the length of farming the coin in grizzle to then buy up tc to give other wizard a hand in paying for extra hatches if it does not happen first hatch (mainly when they are free player with a pet look i am wanting.)

hope this helps you some on getting your rain beetle

Justin Dragontalon level 77

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Talon Spiritbreake... on Aug 4, 2014 wrote:
OK guys, i have now been a pretty good person with pets and i have never had this problem before. But here is the problem. I have a frankenbunny pet and it has some good stats on it and it is at ancient. So to keep the good talents it had so far, i decided to hatch. BUT I HAVE HATCHED 5 TIMES NOW and got the same bunny back!

So thats about 40 000 gold per hatch ( all hatched with rain beetles, trying to get the pet )

So thats 40 000 X 5=200 000 GOLD WASTED!

Help please!

Talon Spiritbreaker level 49 Diviner
There is no way you could get the same bunny back. I have a ghost dragon hybrid. It looks and is called the same thing, but it's parents were an ancient ghost dragon and a mega grimmoire. It gives me pain giver and the feint spell and spritely, as well as the animate skeleton spell. I don't think I could have gotten pain giver and the feint spell with just a regular ghost dragon.
Listen, what i'm trying to say is, some pets may look and be called the same thing after hatching, but they really are different. Nothing is wrong with your game, just train one of those bunnies and you'll notice unique talents that you have never seen in a bunny before,
Myrna Dragoncloud