Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't seem to harvest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
Today while I was taking care of the needs of my plants I saw that I had a pixie on my Tiger Lily. As I tried to harvest the plants around the Tiger Lily, it wouldn't let me. It would be popping up with press x to harvest. But when I did nothing happened. What do I do? Is it a bug?A glitch? Or was the pixie supposed to prevent me from harvesting? The pixie is a green pixie.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you cannot harvest by pressing X, try entering Gardening Mode and then click the plant. Usually this is just a temporary glitch fixed by logging out or leaving house and returning.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Try closing out your gardening task bar, then opening it again. I have something similar happen to me while harvesting-I will be clicking away, then bam, the "X" disappears, and I have to go back into gardening, hover the wand over the plant, and harvest that way.

The pixie will not affect your ability to harvest. Hope this helps!

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
This may be lag. If not, then I will cross my fingers for you to be able to harvest.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
The pixie has no effect on harvesting.

Sometimes this has happened to me too, where I cannot harvest plants. I found that if I go back into gardening mode, and move the mouse over the plant, it says "Click to harvest" and then I left click on plant and it harvests fine.

If that does not work, you can go into your house, then come back out to the garden, and that will usually reset things so you can harvest. Otherwise, just leave the plant an harvest it next time you are at your house. Plants that are ready to harvest will stay that way for a long time -- I have one plant like that that I have left for weeks because it is liked by other plants.

But this is a glitch in gardening itself, I think. It has nothing to do with pixie. Pixie is actually quite helpful and be glad you have it.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
I really thank you guys for helping me and giving your time to answer my post. I followed most of your instructions and some didn't. But going in your house and going out again seemed to have worked. I really thank you and I hope you have a nice day.

Defender
May 22, 2012
seethe42 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
If you cannot harvest by pressing X, try entering Gardening Mode and then click the plant. Usually this is just a temporary glitch fixed by logging out or leaving house and returning.
This is what I do when this happens from time to time.