Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Polar Bear Acuda

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Hi, I really need help catching the Polar Bear Acuda, any hints? Knowing what body of water in Vigrid Roughland would be nice, too.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
Explorer
May 08, 2014
Yes i would like to know if it's a certain body of water there also... there is a back pond that is HUGE and i don't feel like keep wasting reveal all few times there just to check for it, and sometimes its bright so i can't tell if it was the right school from afar :P happy fishing friend hope we all get it soon!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
Right when you walk in you should see a water hole with a waterfall going through it. thats where it is.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
Hi has anyone had any luck looking for this fish. I have not even come across any Icecuda in Vigrid Roughland.
Will continue to look. Guessing just to see if anyone was as frustrated as I am.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
I was able to get it yesterday right there in the water when you enter vigrid roughland. I did a reveal spell and saw an ice fish among other school fishes on the right hand side and went for it and got it. So it can be there but maybe you have to keep coming back.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
So far I've only ever found one, and it is was in the waterfall pool as soon as you enter Vigrid Roughland. It's very rare to find, much like Boss Hog in Savarstaad Pass.

Strangely enough the only fish I haven't caught at least one of with any of my wizards is the Jolted Dekoi. Blows my mind that that I can't find any of those, yet I've caught 3 Sumo Kois and 3 Origami Fish in the same body of water. I don't know if my sources for where to find them is wrong about them being in Kishibe Village, but I certainly have found none there... or anywhere else for that matter.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
High Five Ghost on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
So far I've only ever found one, and it is was in the waterfall pool as soon as you enter Vigrid Roughland. It's very rare to find, much like Boss Hog in Savarstaad Pass.

Strangely enough the only fish I haven't caught at least one of with any of my wizards is the Jolted Dekoi. Blows my mind that that I can't find any of those, yet I've caught 3 Sumo Kois and 3 Origami Fish in the same body of water. I don't know if my sources for where to find them is wrong about them being in Kishibe Village, but I certainly have found none there... or anywhere else for that matter.
Kishibe Village back pond--that is where i got mine. I had to laugh a bit at the description. It says the most unintentionally caught storm fish. I have only caught two or three.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
Scrillas on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
Yes i would like to know if it's a certain body of water there also... there is a back pond that is HUGE and i don't feel like keep wasting reveal all few times there just to check for it, and sometimes its bright so i can't tell if it was the right school from afar :P happy fishing friend hope we all get it soon!
One trick for picking out the ice fish at the Vigrid Roughland main pool is to stand where the water is falling and look back toward the land. It makes it easier (against the darker background) to see if the reveal is the yellowish (for myth) or bluish (for ice)... Death and fire are fairly easy to identify regardless of the background.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I have yet to find a Polar Bear Acuda. I've been concentrating on the falls area in the Vigrid Roughlands. My main problem is that my steam powered computer doesn't have the oomph to allow me to cast a Reveal Spell efficiently. I get severe lag and by the time the lag has passed the spell effect is nearly (sometimes completely) done so it's "look really quickly and hope!" I know it's probably due to the falls and all of the particle effects associated with them. I've tried reducing some of the graphic effects to little avail. If anyone has any specific tips to improve performance in this area I'd appreciate it.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
TucsonWizard on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
I have yet to find a Polar Bear Acuda. I've been concentrating on the falls area in the Vigrid Roughlands. My main problem is that my steam powered computer doesn't have the oomph to allow me to cast a Reveal Spell efficiently. I get severe lag and by the time the lag has passed the spell effect is nearly (sometimes completely) done so it's "look really quickly and hope!" I know it's probably due to the falls and all of the particle effects associated with them. I've tried reducing some of the graphic effects to little avail. If anyone has any specific tips to improve performance in this area I'd appreciate it.
I stalked this fish for 8 days straight, finaly 2 ice fish apeared... then both broke off the line! Another day passed and i found one more ice fish and got it, my advice: keep trying and dont give up, the reveal school spell and summon fish spells are your best friends here.

Master fishermen

Survivor
Aug 08, 2012
I have caught 2 using this strategy. you need to be rank six, have the summon fish and reveal school of fish spell.

First, reveal. Not there? Summon. Reveal again. Not there? Summon. you may need to buy energy if you cant find it with your first batch of energy.

You can only find it at the pond where the waterfall is, right when you walk in. just walk straight.

Hope this helps you.

Christopher Frogweaver, Level 84