Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drain Over Time

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
Since there are 3 forms of, well, changing the status of somebodies health.
Heal, Damage, and Drain. Since there is an over time form for each (but drain) i think there
should be drain over time. Now before you say stuff about using link and power link,
those would be treasure cards(for me). I just think there should over time forms for all of the health changing
stuff. Like the symbol around you could be a patch of black with a red heart with a crack through it
and for the person being healed could be a GREEN patch with a red heart with a crack through it.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, I think that drain spells have a lot of room to grow.

As you said, a drain over time is one option. Another thought is that there should be additional mutate spells that can transform certain low-rank cards into drain hits. The available mutates might include "over time" spells such as Fire Elf (or Drain Elf in this case). And yet another option would be to create a new Trap that turns hits into Drain damage.

And just putting this out there, I also think there needs to be a "Drain Wand" which supplies, as you'd expect, draining wand hits.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Drain Over Time would be a slick idea that others have suggested before. Link and Power Link are NOT Life Sap spells. They're 2 part spells that both hit and heal, BUT the heal aaspect is fixed and not based off of the damage to an enemy, plus, the damage happens at one point and the healing at another point.

(quote)Another thought is that there should be additional mutate spells that can transform certain low-rank cards into drain hits.

And just putting this out there, I also think there needs to be a "Drain Wand" which supplies, as you'd expect, draining wand hits. (end quote)

Great ideas

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't like the idea of DOT drains personally. I wouldn't use them on my death because triage would stop the effects too easily, not only lowering damage given but also removing my healing.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
Well triage CAN stop it but I was suggesting cause i'm only lvl 16
so triage doesn't come in yet. But when triage DOES come in, just don't add it to your deck.
Simple. Or you could spam DoTs like poison as much as possible then spam drain DoTs, then your opponent
would be completely stuck and just finish it off with vampire or something(for PvP).

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Awesomedude8910 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Since there are 3 forms of, well, changing the status of somebodies health.
Heal, Damage, and Drain. Since there is an over time form for each (but drain) i think there
should be drain over time. Now before you say stuff about using link and power link,
those would be treasure cards(for me). I just think there should over time forms for all of the health changing
stuff. Like the symbol around you could be a patch of black with a red heart with a crack through it
and for the person being healed could be a GREEN patch with a red heart with a crack through it.
we have link

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
killrobobot1747 on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
we have link
As someone previously stated, Link and Power Link are NOT drains. Yes, they damage the target and heal the caster, but the heal 1. can be reduced by effects such as Infection and Doom and Gloom, and 2. the heal amount does not depend on the damage.

Regarding the original post, I think that would be a great idea. Yes, it would be countered by Triage, but you don't need to use it in PvP. For PvE, it would be quite useful for getting around shields.