Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2014
When i type in "1" it's in red so when i press "enter" or course it says "..." why can't I type numbers and I can't even type "one" either, what's going on?

Administrator
Hello young wizard,

For the online safety and security of our younger players, numbers are not allowed to be used in chat.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
You actually can type 'one' because it's an actual word. You can't, though, type 'two', 'three' and so on.
The reason why you can't type numbers, whether by naming it or numbering it, is to keep kids from giving out personal information, such as telephone numbers, address, etc. Unfortunately, in many cases, some people still can overpass the filter, but it is still the best way to avoid such cases.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
thehappywheelz600 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
When i type in "1" it's in red so when i press "enter" or course it says "..." why can't I type numbers and I can't even type "one" either, what's going on?
If you have a valid credit card on file, you can unlock open chat, which will allow you to type numbers. I would go crazy without mine... yes, I respect the need for a chat filter, but having to say that I've got 'ate ty health left' or having to defeat 'sixth teen mobs' is complete insanity.

Keep in mind that open chat is only available if you are over 18 or the privilege is given to you by the adult who has control over your account.

-von

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Dr Von on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
If you have a valid credit card on file, you can unlock open chat, which will allow you to type numbers. I would go crazy without mine... yes, I respect the need for a chat filter, but having to say that I've got 'ate ty health left' or having to defeat 'sixth teen mobs' is complete insanity.

Keep in mind that open chat is only available if you are over 18 or the privilege is given to you by the adult who has control over your account.

-von
I can't live without my open chat either
Not to mention I am a very talkative person, so... no way for me to make it without open chat xD