Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The final countdown quest review

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
Hello, I have just defeated malistare with a couple other wizards and I would like to say a few things about the dungeon.

1. Finding a way into the lair is hard. (or was hard for me)
2. Make sure you have potions
3. bring other wizards
4. (it may seem weird) malistare is not that difficult.

Dear Wizard101 creators

I highly suggest putting some more difficulty on malistare himself. The dungeon in a whole i belive is a good difficulty. Malistare however is not that difficult. Please take my suggestion and think about it thanks!

See you in the spiral!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
headstrong3099744 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Hello, I have just defeated malistare with a couple other wizards and I would like to say a few things about the dungeon.

3. bring other wizards

Dear Wizard101 creators

I highly suggest putting some more difficulty on malistare himself. The dungeon in a whole i belive is a good difficulty. Malistare however is not that difficult. Please take my suggestion and think about it thanks!

See you in the spiral!
Having played the game for years, you do know that the quest was made easier so it could be soloed, right? To ask KI to make it more difficult now - yeah, that's not going to happen. Nor should it.

I soloed this instance and your #2 item, to bring potions is accurate. The rest, not necessarily. Use the quest helper arrow. It's not difficult at all to find your way. And you don't necessary need others... which is good since no one is ever around to help anyway.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
headstrong3099744 on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:

3. bring other wizards

Dear Wizard101 creators

See you in the spiral!
I think I may have thoughts about the Great Spyre instance and the big battle with Malistaire.

1. The Great Spyre was good, but I feel that when you're trying to get to the Crown of Fire, you feel like you have no linear direction to where you are going, since the instance doesn't have a quest chain of it's own & some plot, including that inactive NPC, who should have words of advice before battling Malistaire. It should be made in. Also, the bosses, besides Malistaire, doesn't have their dialogue lines before and after we battle them. They should say something.

2. That battle with Malistaire was good, but I don't feel that it's quite epic for an end-of-arc villain, because he only has one form and nothing more. The battle was good, but I think the battle with him could be more epic if he should have a second and final form after we defeated his normal form, complete with a new cutscene that has Malistaire performing a ritual from the Krokonomicon that has him transforming into a large Death Dragon-like form, and the battle continues with him having more health than his previous normal form, new more tougher monsters, & some new boss cheats worked in. Can anyone imagine that happening? I would. Would make his battle quite longer & slightly tougher, would it?

3. The revised battle with Malistare should have unique battle themes composed for that boss, one for his normal form, and the second for his last form. Would give that battle with Malistaire a more epic feeling, would it?

Wizard101 team, if you can read this, these are my thoughts of how Malistaire's final battle could be quite epic. Hope you can listen to these thoughts, & have time to apply them in, please! Thanks for listening!