Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 50 Gear

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Hi my main wizard's in DS and she is level 50 .
I haven't gotten that far in DS, I started at level 47. I went to the Bazaar and they had terrible gear. All the stuff had like 20 crit points and 20 shield and that was it.
I have heard people talk about Wintertusk crafted gear, and I have heard them talk about gear from Mallistare. But I can't fight Mallistare yet and I am only an initiate crafter. (I know, it sucks.)
So does anyone have any ideas as to what the best level 50 balance gear for me is? Or should I just wait?
Thanks for your comments if you do comment.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
I haven't gotten that far in DS, I started at level 47. I went to the Bazaar and they had terrible gear. All the stuff had like 20 crit points and 20 shield and that was it.
I have heard people talk about Wintertusk crafted gear, and I have heard them talk about gear from Mallistare. But I can't fight Mallistare yet and I am only an initiate crafter. (I know, it sucks.)
So does anyone have any ideas as to what the best level 50 balance gear for me is? Or should I just wait?
Up until level 58 Bazaar gear should be fine to use on any school. I will say my Balance didn't do as well in DS either. My first attempt I deleted it there but the 2nd time I had a better concept of the school I guess. I read a few things about how balance works etc.

The level 56 crafted gear really doesn't fall around your wizard's lvl 56 least not for me. You have to quest in Wintertusk or hitch a ride there and you have to complete though the Seal of the Seven Seas in Celestia. I do not farm WaterWorks any more so it's worth it for my wizards to have.

Altho I have collected the Malistaire gear I really have never used it, much better gear has flooded the game since that came out.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
You need the critical gear in Celestia, but some gear doesn't have a health gift and critical stats together until levels 54+

Wait until you have completed DS - you could very well get some good gear in drops with the bosses there.

(I have never crafted gear and have done just fine with the 'standard' gear)

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Thanks for the help, guys. I will keep my current stats until Celestia.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Back in my early days, my , who was a lvl 10 the first time he went to Malistaire's Lair. I got most of my Gurtok Rings and Athemes REALLLY early, things like this are what sealed the fate of my future classes. I mean, when my gets to 50, he has SIX Malistaire robes to choose from. Although you can't get your lvl 50 robes, you can get your boots and helmet. My main, my, got his Malistaire robe and his Grandmaster boots, he never got his helm, I used the lvl +48 Wayfinder Helm as a replacement. I'm saying it will be hard to get all of your gear on time but it is worth a try.

Happy farming!
Marcus crafter, lvl 74