Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I can't find any scrap iron! The whole time it took me to get through Marleybone, I only found 5 pieces of scrap iron. What the heck?
I have been trying to do the crafting quest and I am at Dragonspyre already and I still haven't done that crafting quest!
They don't sell scrap iron anywhere, believe me, I've checked. They do sell it for crowns, but...meh.
I went to an empty realm, and I ran around Regent's square for about an hour, and I only found like 4 scrap iron. That is seriously messed up.
Can anyone tell me where to go to find scrap iron? Any special places in Marleybone?
Thanks, Mryna Dragoncloud, level 49 and almost .

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You can find scrap iron for sale in the Bazaar if you can't find enough to do your crafting.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
I can't find any scrap iron! The whole time it took me to get through Marleybone, I only found 5 pieces of scrap iron. What the heck?
I have been trying to do the crafting quest and I am at Dragonspyre already and I still haven't done that crafting quest!
They don't sell scrap iron anywhere, believe me, I've checked. They do sell it for crowns, but...meh.
I went to an empty realm, and I ran around Regent's square for about an hour, and I only found like 4 scrap iron. That is seriously messed up.
Can anyone tell me where to go to find scrap iron? Any special places in Marleybone?
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Scrap_Iron

Scrap Iron in Maryleybone is usually around tower events. I find a few spots, usually in Hyde Park area, work the teleporting to get to towers and switch realms often to collect the amounts I need from there.

Mary

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
You can find scrap iron for sale in the Bazaar if you can't find enough to do your crafting.
I looked in the Bazaar and there wasn't any scrap iron.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Scrap iron can only be found in Marleybone... most around the 'common' area. Run around and you will find it.

Buying at the Bazaar usually doesn't work as it's fairly rare and really expensive.

You can also try the transmute spell... ore and stone blocks are much easier to find:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Transmute_Scrap_Iron

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Thanks for all the help guys I'm done with the quest but now I have to look for Night lotus for Mooshu.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for all the help guys I'm done with the quest but now I have to look for Night lotus for Mooshu.
Black lotus is about the same idea as Scrap iron, find spots where there are a few in one area and switch realms to collect them.

Mary

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Northlite on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Black lotus is about the same idea as Scrap iron, find spots where there are a few in one area and switch realms to collect them.

Mary
Okay thanks.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I suggest you not use stone blocks to transmute into scrap iron, stone blocks are the ingredient for several different transmutes and are usually in very short supply. I have found the easiest way to get scrap iron is to go to Marleybone and enter the counterweight East instance. There are a couple of spots for scrap iron right on the entrance platform, there will usually be scrap iron on at least one each time you start the instance. Sometimes there are two or three in the spot. You can search this area over and over without waiting out a realm switch timer just by leaving and restarting the instance. There are also a couple of spots for mistwood on the platform, but mistwood is far less important than scrap iron. Last time I used this area to harvest scrap iron I got about 50 in an hour.