Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Hi I was just wondering about hatching are you able to hatch every pet in the game or do you have to buy some of the pets you can't hatch because some of the pets I want don't look like that you can just hatch them the pet I really want is the frost beetle can you hatch that

-Stephanie sea smith

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Natalie Willowblos... on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
Hi I was just wondering about hatching are you able to hatch every pet in the game or do you have to buy some of the pets you can't hatch because some of the pets I want don't look like that you can just hatch them the pet I really want is the frost beetle can you hatch that

-Stephanie sea smith
It doesn't look like it can be hatched.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Frost_Beetle

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Unless I am mistaken, you can hatch for any pet in the game. HOWEVER, some of them are not useable for you as some pets are school specific. There are a few exceptions to this rule. The sheep pet is KI worker exclusive, and cannot be hatched for. I am not sure if any other pets are like that. I hope this helps!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Natalie Willowblos... on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:

-Stephanie sea smith
Yes and no. You can hatch for every pet accept school specific pets if you are not that school but you have a chance of getting your school version of that pet, a hybrid.

When hatching with all other you have a "chance" to get the other persons pet. I have found I have a good chance of getting back the lesser of the pets being hatched but not always.

I do a lot of random hatching with my FrankinBunny and Enchanted Armament pets and some times it takes a few hatches for them to pass to the other person.

I believe there are a few pets that were promotion/rare/original edition that can not be hatched for.

Mary

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
TheXboxGuy on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Unless I am mistaken, you can hatch for any pet in the game. HOWEVER, some of them are not useable for you as some pets are school specific. There are a few exceptions to this rule. The sheep pet is KI worker exclusive, and cannot be hatched for. I am not sure if any other pets are like that. I hope this helps!
Thank you this did help

Stephanie sea smith

Lvl24