Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Paying 80,000 Gold For Hatching?!?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2014
I have always been wanting to hatch my Seraph with a Polar Fox. Many people have the Polar Fox, but none of us ever have the money to hatch them together.. This is one of the downsides for hatching in Wizard101, it is WAAAYYYYY too expensive. 80,000 Gold to hatch??? KI, please make it cheaper. We would all appreciate it

~Anna Emerald ~

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No pet costs 80,000 to hatch. The higher pedigree pets are around 50,000. A Polar Fox and Seraph hatch should only cost somewhere between 35-45,000, depending on their talent pedigree. Are you counting the cost of both sides? That's for 2 pets not one.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Anna101Life on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
I have always been wanting to hatch my Seraph with a Polar Fox. Many people have the Polar Fox, but none of us ever have the money to hatch them together.. This is one of the downsides for hatching in Wizard101, it is WAAAYYYYY too expensive. 80,000 Gold to hatch??? KI, please make it cheaper. We would all appreciate it

~Anna Emerald ~
Hi Anna~

The cost of hatching depends on the pets' talents; that said, I have several really-good pets and have hatched many times with a friend who has all perfect 250-stat ones... and it has never cost me any more than 45-47,000 gold.

Either you and your friend both have 90+ pedigree perfect 250 pets or this is an exaggeration.

-von
exalted

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
I am regularly at 350k. I think hatching was recommended for higher level players with loads of cash.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I am NOT going to sugar-coat this one, it is insane sometimes! I guess it's rewarding, though, you usually need Mega Snacks or Potions, that or incredible sense of patience

P.S.
Do you know where I can purchase patience? I am lacking of it, thanks!

Squire
May 10, 2013
SparkySywer on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
I am regularly at 350k. I think hatching was recommended for higher level players with loads of cash.
Hatching is for everyone, for level 1-100.

Well, technically you need to teleport to someone in the Hatchery.

But, if you farm Halfang for like 30 minutes, you'll probably have enough for hatching

That's it. I'm out.
PlayHard101

@BeautifulMonkey:
You don't purchase patience. You make it.

PS:
Wanna farm Mega Snacks quickly? Try gardening.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2013
are you kidding me? at least 20,000 gold just to hatch with the pets people want. the only people that have that money is the ones that use crowns. Make it cheap enough and more people will continue to play the game.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Enchanter with ant... on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
are you kidding me? at least 20,000 gold just to hatch with the pets people want. the only people that have that money is the ones that use crowns. Make it cheap enough and more people will continue to play the game.
I'd say the price is more than fair.

A lot of times, when you hatch a pet you're getting some type of rare quest/crownshop pet that would cost real money to get. It's only natural that the gold cost would be so high.

Besides, if it was cheaper, people would spam the life out of it. Nothing good comes without work.

Also, gold isn't that hard to get at higher levels. Eventually you start spending it on random stuff so you don't lose gold when you reach the gold cap.

Finally, I seriously doubt that the price of hatching pets causes people to stop playing the game.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Enchanter with ant... on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
20,000 gold is a lot of money for all of Wizard City and that's about it. A decent pet costs 40k+ to hatch, but that's easy to collect if you have played long enough to make it out of WC. Gold is free and abundant. I find myself HAVING to spend it daily just so I can sell of things or clean out treasure cards. Gold is completely worthless in the game, so 40-50k to hatch is really nothing. It takes no time at all to raise that much gold.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2014
Dr Von on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
Hi Anna~

The cost of hatching depends on the pets' talents; that said, I have several really-good pets and have hatched many times with a friend who has all perfect 250-stat ones... and it has never cost me any more than 45-47,000 gold.

Either you and your friend both have 90+ pedigree perfect 250 pets or this is an exaggeration.

-von
exalted
Oh really?? Last time I checked it was 80,000 gold... Ok thanx anyway...

~Anna Emerald ~

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
seethe42 on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
20,000 gold is a lot of money for all of Wizard City and that's about it. A decent pet costs 40k+ to hatch, but that's easy to collect if you have played long enough to make it out of WC. Gold is free and abundant. I find myself HAVING to spend it daily just so I can sell of things or clean out treasure cards. Gold is completely worthless in the game, so 40-50k to hatch is really nothing. It takes no time at all to raise that much gold.
20,000 gold isn't a lot for some of your higher wiz. Once you're level 30 you can farm mt. olympus and sell things for around 6,000 gold (no joke)

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Anna101Life on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:

~Anna Emerald ~
It's not too much. These are some high class pets, and the better the pet, the more it costs. You just have to deal with it I guess.Sorry.