Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does someone know if you report them?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Hi, I know this is a topic that has been addressed a lot already, but I wanted some clarification since I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for anywhere.

I have been playing since the inception of this game and I absolutely love it! Although recently I just found out KI workers play the game as well as have a specific badge only available to them. I recently came across a player that has mentioned several times that they helped create the game and have access to everything. It seemed cool at first but when I did my research I just knew this person is lying to me when I noticed they do not have a Kingsisle Support badge. I want to report them, because this is clearly an offense but will they know I was the one that did it? I just don't want them reporting me in response to something that is clearly bad. I worked hard on my character and don't wish for it to go to waste.

Thanks for your time and patience,
Autumn the Conjurer

Administrator
This is right in our Player Guide
https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/badges

KingsIsle employees have their own badge. If someone claims they are a KingsIsle employee but they cannot show you this badge, report them for IMPERSONATION immediately. They will be dealt with appropriately - we do not take kindly to impersonation of employees or their families.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Thank you for the response but what my real question was that "does the person being reported know who reported them?"
For example: "Wizard A has reported you." or something like that.
Sorry if I was unclear. I obviously never reported anyone before.

Autumn the Conjurer

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Another Conjurer on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for the response but what my real question was that "does the person being reported know who reported them?"

Autumn the Conjurer
I think it does indeed warn you that you have been reported, but it doesn't say who. Even if they did report you, they would just get banned twice for impersonation and false reports.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Another Conjurer on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:

Autumn the Conjurer
Hi Autumn~

The person who was reported knows only that they were reported; not the name of the person who did so. It appears on the screen as "you have been reported, we would like to remind you that *insert offense here* is not allowed"... or something to that effect.

(i was false-reported once, many years ago; i was afk at the time, came back and saw the message, but that's all i have to go on, lol)

In response to your original post, impersonating a KI employee is a reportable offense. If someone does this, ask to see her (or his) Kingsisle Support badge; if she cannot produce the badge, she is lying and should be reported immediately.

The same applies to someone who says that her mother's brother's father's sister's cousin's great-uncle's pet goldfish is on the desk of someone who works at KI and can have you "banned".

Hope this clears it up!

-von

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Another Conjurer on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Hi, I know this is a topic that has been addressed a lot already, but I wanted some clarification since I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for anywhere.

I have been playing since the inception of this game and I absolutely love it! Although recently I just found out KI workers play the game as well as have a specific badge only available to them. I recently came across a player that has mentioned several times that they helped create the game and have access to everything. It seemed cool at first but when I did my research I just knew this person is lying to me when I noticed they do not have a Kingsisle Support badge. I want to report them, because this is clearly an offense but will they know I was the one that did it? I just don't want them reporting me in response to something that is clearly bad. I worked hard on my character and don't wish for it to go to waste.

Autumn the Conjurer
No one knows who reported them. And KI employees, as you said, all have special badges that they 'wear.'

I've reported people for this too. and lots of other reasons. One person blamed me. I explained why I reported them and simply changed realms. No big deal. (And if they report YOU for reporting them, it is a false report and is known to KI. You will never lose your wizard for something like that.)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
no they don't know who reported them in the hatchery if someone has been reported (and yes I have been as well because I would not hatch with someone lol ) all you hear is people saying ok who reported me so it is obvious that while people know they have been reported they never know who actually reported them so if you do stay there and don't say anything that way you don't look guilty

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
No, they do not know who reported them. I know because I have reported many a wizard myself. The only times they knew it was me was when I told them. I am not ashamed to admit this here or when it happens because I am a mom who wants this game to stay kid friendly.