Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How long will it take to defeat each world?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I currently have a one month membership but I only want to play during summer, and when school starts again (for me in about two months) how much of the game will I be able to beat, in terms of hours per day/how many days? I think I'll have time to play about four hours total each day or more.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
That all depends on where you are in the game and how well you play if your starting from the begining you should be able to find a lot of help meaning you could make it to dragonspyer by summers end maybe celestia if you have a lot of play time which it seems like you have a decent amount of

If your starting later in the game well that depends on your individual skill level and ability to find help with challenging instances

It helps to look through a few play guides and not just going in totally blind ( It helps with choosing your spells)

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
In terms of actual playtime, it takes about 30 days to complete all the worlds. That's if you were capable of playing 24/7 for a whole month. At 4 hours a day, you can probably get through all the worlds up to somewhere in Avalon.

Defender
May 11, 2012
It all depends upon your play style and whether or not you have help or if you take time out to do gardening, pet training, or farming for resources. When I first started playing about 2 1/2 years ago, I was zipping along quite quickly. I was able to complete worlds in no time and was having fun doing it. Hit the second arc and came to a screeching halt. That last dungeon in Celestia is long and tough. Now I have been in Avalon for over a year.
I think you will have no problem getting through the first arc during your summer break. How far you get into the second arc, well, that I'm not so sure of, but I wish you the best of luck. And remember the most important thing: have fun!

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Defender
May 01, 2011
The beginning worlds are actually pretty short (Wizard City through Mooshu). Once you hit Dragonspyre, the world is very long. Celestia is a big jump difficulty wise from DS, so it might take longer. From then the worlds get tougher but not that longer.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
it all depends on how many people help and if you want to get far you have to play 24/7. I think I am a level 58 and I have been playing for almost a year now, but I don't play a lot. And I also think that if you play for about 20 days more than 6 hours you possibly can get past celestia easily

Survivor
May 29, 2014
Apparently, if you had a mount (permanent), and had some good gear, I would say... probably around 2-3 hours
But if you do not have a mount, atleast 6 hours. Speed = win

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Well the equation is simply standard quest time minus the amount of time you play in a day but a linear equation can't be done seeing as I don't know the standard quest time for each world so look at it this way if something will take 40 hours as a whole and you work on it 4 hours each day it will done in 10 days and the equation would look like 40-4x10 which is forty minus four times ten....I hope this helps.

Explorer
May 29, 2014
seethe42 on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
In terms of actual playtime, it takes about 30 days to complete all the worlds. That's if you were capable of playing 24/7 for a whole month. At 4 hours a day, you can probably get through all the worlds up to somewhere in Avalon.
Too fast LOL i take my time and do team up at least it might take long but better than going in alone
Then if that person is on the same quest with you he or she can add you so you guys can work together
Of course they won't be on all the time but you can try :)

Explorer
May 29, 2014
Balance princess on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
Well the equation is simply standard quest time minus the amount of time you play in a day but a linear equation can't be done seeing as I don't know the standard quest time for each world so look at it this way if something will take 40 hours as a whole and you work on it 4 hours each day it will done in 10 days and the equation would look like 40-4x10 which is forty minus four times ten....I hope this helps.
Finished krokotopia in 1 day.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Well going off of seethe42 it would be 24x30-4x180....so it will take 180 days to complete all the worlds whilst playing at a rate of 4 hours a day and the equation in word form is twenty-four times thirty minus four times onehundred and eighty.

Explorer
May 29, 2014
Balance princess on Jun 26, 2014 wrote:
Well going off of seethe42 it would be 24x30-4x180....so it will take 180 days to complete all the worlds whilst playing at a rate of 4 hours a day and the equation in word form is twenty-four times thirty minus four times onehundred and eighty.
Wow your really good at math lol

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Last summer I went all the way to malistare. It took me about a month to a month and a half, I don't quite remember. An important thing to have is a partner in crime. The only reason I finished was because of a friend.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010