Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

my "may cast pierce" does not work

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
Whenever an enemy casts a shield my pet does not cast pierce but when i use a trap it casts pierce. Is this some glitch that will be fixed or something and do any of you experience this problem?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kleyless on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
Whenever an enemy casts a shield my pet does not cast pierce but when i use a trap it casts pierce. Is this some glitch that will be fixed or something and do any of you experience this problem?
Yes it does work; there is no glitch. It's a "may" cast spell. It may cast, it may not.
It's random, just like all the other may cast talents.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This talent has multiple triggers and casting a shield actually triggers it a LOT less than the other. Casting a trap, by anyone or any pet, on the person with the shield triggers this skill a lot more often than the simple casting of a shield. You'll find it triggers a LOT when you cast feints on people even though they have no shield. The pet just tries to cast and nothing happens, same as if you cast a pierce on someone who has no shield. It's a handy talent in some cases, but you shouldn't rely on it. It's just a lucky bonus when it does occur.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
RavenLady hit the nail on the head.

May, wonderful word, and after the whole pet healing 'tweak' the meaning has become very, very broad sweeping. Personally when I see "may cast", a mental image of one maybe two developers messing with the settings watering it down to "once a week or so", about the same rate my former pet threw its "may cast unicorn".

Useless, welcome to the closet, sell ya later.

However, for stats they did not mess with (if that exists), there are apparent "triggers", and it sounds like your pet takes the throwing of a trap as a sign that its time to pierce. Placing a trap would be the trigger.

If it doesn't cast, don't be shocked. Solid stats are hard to beat. At least you can rely on them, except for the whole critical thing, don't get me started.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
kleyless on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
well it is random my avenging fossil pet say may cast death spear and it never really casts it so its just luck i guess Tristan soulcatcher level 100 exalted necromancer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
lygerbob15@gmail.c... on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
well it is random my avenging fossil pet say may cast death spear and it never really casts it so its just luck i guess Tristan soulcatcher level 100 exalted necromancer
May Cast spears and blades only have one trigger, attacking.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
well thanks to everyone for telling me what is up with my pet. I thought that it was triggered by people casting shields but i guess i was wrong .