Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catalan Crafted Spell - Unfair To Storm School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2010
As being a hard core Storm Fan since this game ever began, i have started to feel that Wizard101 doesn't seem to like this school anymore.
Don't get me wrong here, you guys did an amazing job for making amazing spell combinations.
For farming i usually use colossal+tempest or if the boss has huge health, stormlord[colossal]+tempest[colossal].

BUT... [i am not gonna bring up the topic of health and resist]

seeing the spell Catalan, the only crafted spell with no secondary effect, is really frustrating.
At least KingIsle, you can make it a DoT spell. don't wanna reduce or increase the damage, its fine, but you can surely make it a DoT spell. that seems fair.

or extra effects like stun or trap or blade would be nice too.

so please, using 50 sunstones and 12 amber for another stormzilla is useless [only the spell looks good], improve the catalan spell for us Storm students.

I

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
I second this, and the idea of it being a DoT.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Storm is due for another crafted lore spell. We are the only school that doesn't have more than one and the only one we have is really no different than our regular rank 5 spell.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Well considering the fact storm is already the most op school(besides balance) I think it was right of Kings Isle to make it that way to even out the playing field for the other schools.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Agreed, storm' crafted spell is in effect a clone of stormzilla, it could be improved and furthermore we need a second dropped/crafted spell.
Appeal to change Catalan

Survivor
May 25, 2010
DarkWIZard98x on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
Well considering the fact storm is already the most op school(besides balance) I think it was right of Kings Isle to make it that way to even out the playing field for the other schools.

Mason Greenbane Exalted
Lets not bring the top 'which school is OP'.
right now, we are talking about the unfairness for storm school's crafted spell.

Would you like to spend 50 sunstones and 12 ambers for another centaur? no right.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DarkWIZard98x on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:

Mason Greenbane Exalted
It's not about storm needing a more powerful spell. They gave storm a clone of stormzilla. A slightly weaker spell with an interesting after effect would be great. Just something to even up the schools on Lore spells. Every other school has a Lore spell with an after effect.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
StormyValdy on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
As being a hard core Storm Fan since this game ever began, i have started to feel that Wizard101 doesn't seem to like this school anymore.
Don't get me wrong here, you guys did an amazing job for making amazing spell combinations.
For farming i usually use colossal+tempest or if the boss has huge health, stormlord[colossal]+tempest[colossal].

BUT... [i am not gonna bring up the topic of health and resist]

seeing the spell Catalan, the only crafted spell with no secondary effect, is really frustrating.
At least KingIsle, you can make it a DoT spell. don't wanna reduce or increase the damage, its fine, but you can surely make it a DoT spell. that seems fair.

or extra effects like stun or trap or blade would be nice too.

so please, using 50 sunstones and 12 amber for another stormzilla is useless [only the spell looks good], improve the catalan spell for us Storm students.

I
I agree. This spell is exactly like stormzilla, and is completely useless in PvE and PvP. I think it should get a new DoT, or Storm should get a new spell through crafting, or Loremaster.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2013
ya we need new spells and make catalan have something to it

Travis WindTalon Transcendent

Survivor
Aug 11, 2013
Wait can someone tell me what a Do T spell?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Duncan DeathCaster on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Wait can someone tell me what a Do T spell?
Damage over Time, like most fire spells.