Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you like puzzles in Wizard101?

Yes, I love them, more puzzles please!
58% [54]
They're alright...
37% [35]
Yuck, puzzles annoy me.
4% [4]

Feedback Friday 6-20-14

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizards! It's Friday, we've got another topic to discuss, so let's get to it!

Today, let's talk about puzzles, specifically, the ones in the Spiral that you must solve to keep progressing in your quests (like lighting braziers in a specific way to open a door). Do you enjoy these puzzles? Do they frustrate you? Do you try to solve them on your own or do you just look up the answers?

Please vote in our poll and add your comments below - as staff, we think they're fun, but they also definitely take extra time to craft. Looking forward to seeing the vote. Have a spectacular rest-of-your-Friday, and a glorious weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
I love the puzzles! Sometimes they are easy, sometimes hard. I always love myself a good challenge!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
If I can't figure out the puzzle by myself, I usually end up looking it up. But they are still a fun addition to dungeons.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I really like the puzzles. It breaks up the dungeons really well and then they don't feel so long because it's not just battle after battle after battle.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2013
Yes, I do enjoy the in-game puzzles, and even look forward to them!

Survivor
May 25, 2011
Professor Falmea on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Hi Wizards! It's Friday, we've got another topic to discuss, so let's get to it!

Today, let's talk about puzzles, specifically, the ones in the Spiral that you must solve to keep progressing in your quests (like lighting braziers in a specific way to open a door). Do you enjoy these puzzles? Do they frustrate you? Do you try to solve them on your own or do you just look up the answers?

Please vote in our poll and add your comments below - as staff, we think they're fun, but they also definitely take extra time to craft. Looking forward to seeing the vote. Have a spectacular rest-of-your-Friday, and a glorious weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Hello,
The puzzle in tartarus is so annoying, it takes 5 to 10 min solving it, but mostly 4 min depending on people wit u

Survivor
Jan 13, 2012
The only puzzle that totally frustrated me was one in Avalon where you had to follow a light in a pattern on little platforms. It required speed. I play (and love) Wizard101 because it normally does not require speed or a high degree of hand-eye coordination. I love the ones that just involve thinking.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
The puzzles are great ... I have enjoyed the variety ... but would really like the new world to come out so I can move on :)

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I only like puzzles when there is a clue. If not, it's just frustrating.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
The puzzles are alright. I neither love nor hate them. I sometimes enjoy them and sometimes don't. They are usually easy enough for me solve, but if i miss clues etc I don't go search around for them, I'll look it up on the forum. I rather not waste more time than needed hehe.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I like them as part of quest progression, but they get boring in farming instances. Doing it once is cool. Doing it over and over isn't.

Puzzles that run on timers are very hard for those of us with slow connections. Puzzles that require multiple players are annoying solo or short-handed, so mazes or "put things in order" puzzles are better than "stand here" or "get all these before the timers runs out".

Speaking of that, the clams in WaterWorks are glitchy and sometimes start fights even when you do everything right.

The chess style game in Mt O was good, and the potion making in white owl tower. A single, somewhat harder maze like the one in Tartarus might be intersting.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes they were fun. They added a good dimension to the game -- especially in Krok. I wish we had more of them. They were light but still interesting.

They also break up the routine of battle-collect-battle-collect- battle, battle battle....collect (finally!)

I agree with the person who mentioned that the puzzle in Avalon requiring speed was less fun. the thinking puzzles were more fun. Usually not too hard to solve.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2014
Really I think they are quite nice, they add an aspect to the game were you actually have to think about what you are doing a little bit more. But I have to say they are a bit easy.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2010
I find some of them too difficult for some people. I agree that the drums by the queen in elephant graveyard are too difficult for someone who has visual problems or problems with eye hand coordination. I've had to help several people out by doing it for them because they have become too frustrated. Regarding other puzzles, if I can't figure it out I've been playing too long and need a break.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2011
The puzzles are fantastic. Wish they appeared more frequently.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
splbmd on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
The only puzzle that totally frustrated me was one in Avalon where you had to follow a light in a pattern on little platforms. It required speed. I play (and love) Wizard101 because it normally does not require speed or a high degree of hand-eye coordination. I love the ones that just involve thinking.
I play Wizard101 for the same reason, little need for hand eye coordination. I love puzzles and hope there will be more in future updates.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
i normally just look up the answer because you normally don'y find out how to do the find in till you get to the puzzle like in Big Ben the puzzle there you don't know what the light and non light shield are for in till you get there

Survivor
Mar 05, 2014
I love most of them except there's a couple that are really hard

Survivor
Sep 04, 2011
I don''t look them up they are easy. I know a lot of history and i have A+'s in my classes of History and Language arts do yeah most of them are easy. If we got more than 100 per day then in no time i could get the little sirens pet/

Survivor
Jul 26, 2011
I have never looked any up. Either figured them out the hard way or by luck or was with someone who knew them.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
StarRider215 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
I really like the puzzles. It breaks up the dungeons really well and then they don't feel so long because it's not just battle after battle after battle.
I completely agree, because Dungeons shouldn't just be about battling over and over again, it should be about using your wit to figure out how to get closer to the boss.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
these puzzles are hard !!! I remember in Marley bone[ that was in a dungeon ] one puzzle that was so annoying [ i think ] i had to call almost all of most of friends on my friends list. until i gave up having to restart the dungeon. [ this was before the dungeon update ]

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
As fun as puzzles are, people who don't know about them have a tendency to try (and fail) them anyway, and get you into a fight.

Explorer
May 21, 2011
Puzzles are nice. Not especially amazing, but I still like them. What would be cool is more mazes. There's that mini-maze in Tartarus, but that's the only maze I can remember. The puzzles that are "do this in this order" are mildly entertaining, especially the ones where you have to remember a code. Like others said, they break the routine of defeating boss after boss in dungeons.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
i like and dislike the puzzles for the same reason. they make my brain work. sometimes I love putting my brain to work, trying to solve tasks in the spiral. other times though, I just would like to let by brain relax a bit while I do a bit of questing. maybe if there are more "solve a puzzle OR fight a boss" then the puzzles would be perfect for my constantly changing brain.