Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Throwback Thursdays

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Okay, I'm here to have a little rant about 'Throwback Thursdays' in Wizard101. KI has made gear, pets, houses, and mounts from bundles affordable in game for one day. Okay, I have no problem with that, but what I do have a problem with is their overwhelming prices. Let's say most players pay by gift card or get 500 crowns per dollar, rather than buying 60,000 crowns all at once. Since the Sun Palace is 12500 crowns and the most common method of purchasing crowns is probably by gift card, the player would be using 25$ for a house. To top that, they would be paying 25$ for the mount from the bundle too. Okay, so there's paying 10$ more than the bundle costs already, while lacking the gear itself, the additional housing elixir, and the pet. Now, add the pet with that, and you're paying 17$ for the pet alone. As a person with about an average salary, I cannot afford this very often. The problem is, I am an avid player of Wizard101 and I do want these items, but paying 67$ for 3 pieces of gear is just too much to afford. Please reduce the prices of your Throwback Thursday gear, as I want it to be affordable to more than just the people with an above average salary.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The bundle costs less because buying things in a bundle always costs less. Say you only want the Sun Palace. You just saved 15 bucks.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
i dont like them at all this was exclusive items at the time i got the epic bundle when it came out and i'm proud to have the pet as my main one today but now there in the crown shop its not exclusive anymore

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Sadly this is how the world works. If you buy something that's 100 years old and has stopped selling, it'll cost more than it did when it first came out. For a two reasons, it's rare, and you can't get it anymore, so the cost goes up the roof, just like the items in this bundle.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Shayden181 on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
Sadly this is how the world works. If you buy something that's 100 years old and has stopped selling, it'll cost more than it did when it first came out. For a two reasons, it's rare, and you can't get it anymore, so the cost goes up the roof, just like the items in this bundle.
Yeah, I agree that things that are old should be priced higher if they aren't available again, but the bundles KingsIsle has aren't exactly "old", and they're not rare either. They're also game items so they can continue to sell the bundle online, but they took it off and overpriced it on Throwback Thursdays. Something I would like to see at those high prices, however, would be the old Astrals gear from 2009/2010, they would still be worth it at this time and they're also pretty old.

Defender
May 23, 2009
PvP King on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I'm here to have a little rant about 'Throwback Thursdays' in Wizard101. KI has made gear, pets, houses, and mounts from bundles affordable in game for one day. Okay, I have no problem with that, but what I do have a problem with is their overwhelming prices. Let's say most players pay by gift card or get 500 crowns per dollar, rather than buying 60,000 crowns all at once. Since the Sun Palace is 12500 crowns and the most common method of purchasing crowns is probably by gift card, the player would be using 25$ for a house. To top that, they would be paying 25$ for the mount from the bundle too. Okay, so there's paying 10$ more than the bundle costs already, while lacking the gear itself, the additional housing elixir, and the pet. Now, add the pet with that, and you're paying 17$ for the pet alone. As a person with about an average salary, I cannot afford this very often. The problem is, I am an avid player of Wizard101 and I do want these items, but paying 67$ for 3 pieces of gear is just too much to afford. Please reduce the prices of your Throwback Thursday gear, as I want it to be affordable to more than just the people with an above average salary.
I agree. I currently purchase crowns and membership through gift cards, not online. The only time I would buy on the web site is when purchasing bundles.I certainly would buy retired bundles (their individual items) if the prices are lower or if Throwback Thursdays offered the entire bundle as a package at a higher price, which would make much more sense. Let fortune favor you, PVP King :)