Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Favorite School

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
I love the unique features to each school, and they is not one school powerful then another. It is all about the way you use your cards. My personal favorite school is balance. I will list the schools with their weaknesses and strengths. I am listing them from favorites.

1] Balance- Weaknesses- Weaker spells, weaker then other schools
Strengths- Given good gear and many enhancement spells

2] Life- Weaknesses- They have weaker damage
Strengths- They can solo quest more easily

3] Death- Weaknesses- Not good at pvp to me and weaker gear
Strenghths- Powerful spells, that heal, and they are good for soloing

4] Ice- Weaknesses- Weak spells, need help questing, only good at PvP[to me]
Strengths- Good at pvp, and awesome defense

5] Fire- Weaknesses- Bad defensives and ok damage
Strengths- Powerful spells and good health

6] Myth- Weaknesses- Weak spells, put down by haters [seriously]
Strenghths- Good damage, and great at 2v2 PvP, good enhancments

7] Storm- Weaknesses- Low health, Horrible deffense, bad power pip chance, and can be killed before evn attacking
Strengths- Good damage, good spells..... Like i said they can be dead before they even attack, so they have like no time for shields and they already hae bad health and defenses, so i really dislike storm. That is the only char i dont have.

Whats your favorite school? Weaknesses? Strengths?

Sophia Sparklestone Lvl 81 Azteca, The Cenote

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Hello SophiaSparklStone!

My favorite school is Life, probably by far. Life has decent HP with the right gear, and exceptional healing abilities. I would have to disagree that Life wizards do weaker damage. Much like HP, have decent damage.

Life rules!!

What do you think SophiaSparklStone? I would love to hear from you.

You are an awesome wizard!
~ Miranda Thunder Gem
"Everyone wants happiness and nobody wants pain but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."

Survivor
May 24, 2013
I would say Death personally. I mean the weaknesses are pretty brutal when it comes to solo bosses for spells because the gear kind of stinks and the spells are weak alone because they also heal, but Death is also helpful for the same reason. I don't like to fill up my small-spaced deck with healers because as a Death student almost all of my spells come with powerful heals of their own. However, you should always keep at least 3 healing spells with you that are not too many pips because if you are in a sticky situation pixie spells could tide you over. If I wer to create my wizard all over, I would still pick Death.

Grace Willowbreeze
Level 67
Death Student

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Probably myth because you can summon backup and has awesome spells such as Minotaur and cyclops
Charles RedBlood level 18 pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
Death, because you can cause damage and heal yourself all in one spell.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
I love life too!! This comes from an experience because my best friend Sophia Lifeheart And I pvp! She has amazing stats and when I said weaker damage I meant as in spells. Like as in life imp. It's spell is a little weaker than death or storm. But they have very awesome accuracy They also are given very good gear to boost their spells and they are really good at soloing because not only kill but they can heal I also just made a life char and I am very successful MidnightMT102 , I would love to meet up with you! You seem really sweet and someone I wanna hang with! You can tell me what time and place to meet so it's best for you!!! CYA IN THE SPIRAL.

Sophia Sparklestone

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
I'm gonna go Fire. This school has helped me through so many things in W101 and even though I started a Death wizard I keep abandoning it to go back to fire... That and, dunno how many of you know this reference, I honestly love singing "Burn baby burn" whenever I sic one of my fire creatures on a foe.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
fire by far they do a lil less damage than storm, but they can hold their ground when they get hit fairly well.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
My favorite school would be LIFE . But I also like my own school MYTH.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Joshua Starflame

I like fire too but the reason I never chose it was because of its low accuracy and sorta low resist. But I have to agree they are very strong and have hits close to storm I'd love to cya in the spiral

"Burn baby burn"

Sophia Sparklestone Level 82 Azteca, Saltmeadow Swamp

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
Hello!
I think life school is totally the best.
In the beginning the damage is extremely weak, but later on the life spells get strong, not as strong as others.
On the other hand, even if you have the strongest damage spells, does not mean you will win. Life wizards can heal themselves if they are dying.
Plus, later on life wizards get the pretty decent damage spells, with traps and blades you can make your spell as strong as others.

I would say my second favorite would be storm, for great damage spells!

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
My favorite school is life. I can solo most things, and I can help in battles (that I cant solo) by healing*.

level 92!
level 29
level 12
level 10
level 8
level 6

*I help my brother, or he helps me, and he's storm. So It's blade, blade, trap, hit. Boss dead, do a little dance.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
batmansecretly,

I totally agree with you. Life may be weaker at first but then after man blades and traps they can bypass schools that were stronger. I like storm but their defenses are weak. If they can manage to attack before being attacked then that's when I like it!

I hope to cya in the spiral

Sophia Sparklestone Level 83 Azteca, The Tree of Secrets

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
My favorite school is Myth , is has minions, that really help. ( If you know how to use them properly ) It doesn't have a good universal spell, but there is one spell that really helps them, earthquake. Powerful spells, good damage,good defenses, and there are so many others, that i can't even count.

Kyle L.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
SophiaSparklstone on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
I love the unique features to each school, and they is not one school powerful then another. It is all about the way you use your cards. My personal favorite school is balance. I will list the schools with their weaknesses and strengths. I am listing them from favorites.

7] Storm- Weaknesses- Low health, Horrible deffense, bad power pip chance, and can be killed before evn attacking
Strengths- Good damage, good spells..... Like i said they can be dead before they even attack, so they have like no time for shields and they already hae bad health and defenses, so i really dislike storm. That is the only char i dont have.

Most Balance spells are actually pretty strong, so Balance isn't really weaker than the other schools. Also, I don't think any school receives better or worse gear than any other school, the only exception I know is the Hades wand for Ice.

Agreed, Life does have weaker damage. I think Life can solo pretty well, unless you just can't do enough damage.

Strengths- Powerful spells, that heal, and they are good for soloing
Again, I don't think any school receives better or worse gear than any other school. I have no idea if Death is good or bad at PvP, I don't PvP. I completely agree on the strengths though.

I see Ice as pretty good at PvE too, I don't know for sure though, I don't have an Ice. If you're good, you can solo with any school, but otherwise I agree on this one, except that I can't say anything about PvP.

Fire doesn't have much defense by itself, although a crit Power Link provides pretty nice healing. Life to Satyr with Mastery is good to have. Then. The only reason Fire loses to Storm in damage is Storm's greater damage boost from items. That is literally the only reason. If the game didn't have damage boost, only base damage, Fire would have the biggest possible hit of all schools with Heck Hound. (That would also ruin the game, at least for me ) Also, if you compare Fire's DoT base damages to Storm's base damages of equivalent spells, Fire will always have more. Fire Dragon does 791 damage while Storm Lord only does 690 with a stun. That's a difference of 100. Rain of Fire does 1100 damage, Sirens does 880. And even if you count the special effects for Storm, Scald still does more damage than a 5-Pip Tempest, neither of which have any special effects. I agree, Fire's spells are powerful. For the health, Fire has the second least health in the game.

Strengths- Good damage, and great at 2v2 PvP, good enhancements
Myth's spells aren't weak at all, they're pretty strong with good damage. The hater part i agree with. Again, I know nothing about PvP. Also, which enhancements are you exactly talking about?

I'll continue in another post, first time I reach the character limit

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
SophiaSparklstone on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:

7] Storm- Weaknesses- Low health, Horrible defense, bad power pip chance, and can be killed before even attacking
Strengths- Good damage, good spells..... Like i said they can be dead before they even attack, so they have like no time for shields and they already have bad health and defenses.
Agreed: Lowest health of all schools, bad defense, can be killed before attacking if you get bad draws or just play badly, good damage, still has good special effects.
Disagreed: Storm, Fire, Ice and Myth all get Accuracy instead of Power Pip chance from gear, so they will probably have about the same Power Pip chance.

My favorite school is Death, I just love getting health back from my attacks, it really helps when soloing.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2014
Survivor
May 09, 2014
Of course it shadow And i think the best astral class is moon trainer.Moon spells give you more so you can survive.Now i think the best school is..................................... FIRE.