Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

-100% mana?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2008
What does it mean? I need new gear, because I don't have any crowns for good gear and all the PvP gear I see has -100% mana, it looks good, but I don't want to use it if I won't be able to have any mana?

Sarah DeathBringer - Promethean Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
The PvP gear has -100% mana because PvP doesn't take any mana
So the gear is made for dueling! Hoped this helped!

James ShadowBlade 24

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's -100% mana because it's made for PvP use only, not PvE. You don't use mana in PvP.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
It means that you cannot use it outside of PVP and cast a spell. When doing PVP,
you do not use or need Mana. So, you can wear this outside of PVP, but cannot
use it in a Boss battle, etc.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The -100% mana is a feature to ensure that PvP gear is used only in the arena. That way, PvPers don't gain a large advantage in PvE, keeping the PvP and PvE worlds separate.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
Ya, that can be scary at first. The -100% Max Mana means that your maximum mana is halved, not reduced to zero. I assume this is done to ensure that you don't use too many of the PVP clothing items which would render you overpowered. Best of luck in all your duels!

Bladed Seraph

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Bladed Seraph on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Ya, that can be scary at first. The -100% Max Mana means that your maximum mana is halved, not reduced to zero. I assume this is done to ensure that you don't use too many of the PVP clothing items which would render you overpowered. Best of luck in all your duels!

Bladed Seraph
Ignore Seraph, she doesn't know what she's talking about. -100% mana sets your max mana to 0. If it took your max mana down by half, it would be -50% mana.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
Robobot1747 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Ignore Seraph, she doesn't know what she's talking about. -100% mana sets your max mana to 0. If it took your max mana down by half, it would be -50% mana.
Oh, you're right. That makes sense, since PVP doesn't use mana. And I'm a "he" by the way.

Bladed Seraph