Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

permanent henchman

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
do you ever get annoyed that you have to buy henchman over and over again for every battle? it wastes a lot of crowns if you want the high level ones. I think kingsisle should make permanent henchman. they could be more expensive then the regular ones. you could equip more than one and every time you go into a battle they automatically appear next to you. if you don't need them you simply un-equip them and carry on. you could place them in your house like pets/mounts. if they die in battle you should be able to revive them. if you cannot revive them, then after the battle they should appear back in your backpack. I also think they should have their own slot where you can equip and un-equip. I know having permanent henchman will make the game less challenging, but maybe there could be a two henchman limit per wizard? also to prevent level 10 wizards from having level 100 henchman maybe there could be a certain level when you are allowed to buy them; i.e. level 45+. I really hope this happens! this is my first ever post so I hope you all agree with me!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
No. 99% of battles, at least pre-Khrysalis, can be soloed. Ideally, you'd get a questing partner. The only places you would really use a henchman is for school spell battles or the Azteca obelisk quests, where you have to solo. Chances are, the price of the permanent henchman would be more than buying him in all the places you would actually use henchmen.
Besides, henchmen have lives too! It would be cruel to keep them cooped up in your backpack all the time.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Robobot1747 on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
No. 99% of battles, at least pre-Khrysalis, can be soloed. Ideally, you'd get a questing partner. The only places you would really use a henchman is for school spell battles or the Azteca obelisk quests, where you have to solo. Chances are, the price of the permanent henchman would be more than buying him in all the places you would actually use henchmen.
Besides, henchmen have lives too! It would be cruel to keep them cooped up in your backpack all the time.
I don't see the big deal with Khrysalis, it is as easy as the other worlds to solo.