Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard City Sewers

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I think it would be a fun little quest line if we got to explore the sewers of Wizard City.
The quest would be for level fifteens and up.
Merle Ambrose will call you to his office once again, explaining this is a dire situation.
The quest is, "Plumbing Problem".
Giant rats have invaded the City Sewers, infesting the already dirty water. They are quickly multiplying, and will sooner or later have to migrate above ground, causing havoc everywhere!
You enter the sewers through an unhinged floodgate (The one near the crafting lady in Olde Town).
As you enter, the water turns dirty, and there is no sign of rats. You come up on many clearings, to find rats of all shapes and sizes everywhere! Rotten food is all over the ground. Disgusting water surges around the clearings.
You must first defeat two rats of each kind, to discover how hostile they are.
There are five kinds of rats adding up to ten rats being defeated.
After this, you hear a cry for help, and see Sergeant Dooly (New character for quest) in a far corner, standing in the water. He tells you he has no idea how these rats even got here. The sergeant asks you to go get other guards for back up.
You must gather 5 guards, the three in Olde Town, the one near Colossus Boulevard, and the one near Unicorn Way. Once all gathered in the sewer, Dooly explains that we must attack the nest to end the reign of the rats. You arrive at a dark place in the sewers, full to the brim with rotten eggs and cheese. Your quest is to defeat four rats of any kind.
After this is done, Dooly explains he has found the rat who may have started this all.
You load up onto the sigil, and prepare for a boss fight. Mortimer Rat, and his mother, Cidna Rat, are waiting for you.
"Wizards? In our haven? We shall exterminate you, just as you do to us!"
Says Cidna Rat.

After the battle with both bosses, Cidna explains a lone wizard let her loose as a baby into the sewers by accident. She was supposed to be a project in one of the wizard's classes.
She names the Wizard Simon BattleBlossom, and she promises that her and her colony of rats will travel elsewhere, to other worlds where they can stay in peace.

When you arrive back in Ambrose office he says,
"Simon BattleBlossom? As I recall, he has been acting very strange lately. Do not worry wizard, his punishment will be just, perhaps a detention, or writing 'I will not release rats into the sewer' five hundred times. Ha!"
You receive the badge, "Honorary Exterminator" and also get a baby rat as a pet.

Of course, this idea is very much a bad rough draft, but it is just guidelines for Kingsisle to follow if they did ever let us explore the sewers!

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
That ...... actually doesn't sound like a bad idea!! :D

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I love it!

Though I think there should be an after quest where you have to clean up the dirty water.

-Nick level 100
"Child of Light and Shadow"

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Also it would be better for these ending-membership people ( like me) to go and do a side quest for the fun and glory of it ;)

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
Sewer Works. You heard it here first!

Kane Skullstaff, Your local pyromancer

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
This is a great idea. It reminds me of the old Baldur's Gate stuff years ago. It could also bring folks back to Wizard City for a while, with some new content there.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
It would be an amazing place to have a level 100 dungeon.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
Defender
Nov 10, 2012
This sounds pretty cool and fun! Though, dirty sewer water, Headmaster Ambrose isn't that cruel, right?

Explorer
May 30, 2009
KI should really think about this. I think this is an awesome idea. :P

Survivor
Nov 28, 2013
That's not bad of a Idea! I think its a bit short few quest, but its only a rough draft. I would like to try it out someday if It passes through KI

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I like this... it could be a lot of fun! And expanded upon too!

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
This definitely sounds like something Kingsisle would actually do.
Though I think the "gross" factor would be toned down a little.
Either way this sounds like a great idea.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2012
A fantastic idea dude, KI should consider this. One thing you could add is a side quest where you see these vines growing all over the place in the sewer and you have to find out where its coming from and who caused it and you go into a dungeon to fight all these creatures in a city of vines.

Hope this comes in to consideration!

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
I have seen a few places that would be good for this, near the WizCity Reagent vendor, there is a sewer pipe that'd be perfect or a few places in the commons, or Haunted Cave!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Miranda Dreamsong on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
I have seen a few places that would be good for this, near the WizCity Reagent vendor, there is a sewer pipe that'd be perfect or a few places in the commons, or Haunted Cave!
Exactly, when you think about it, there is a whole unseen sewer system, you can tell by all the pipes, floodgates, etc.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Olan McMonty on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
A fantastic idea dude, KI should consider this. One thing you could add is a side quest where you see these vines growing all over the place in the sewer and you have to find out where its coming from and who caused it and you go into a dungeon to fight all these creatures in a city of vines.

Hope this comes in to consideration!
WHat I would like to see, is this become a whole area, with a main questline, but also side quests, like your average street. Any quests could come into consideration on this. It would sure bring me back to Wizard City.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
This should be for people who don't have a membership, it's an awesome idea, hope it actually gets to the game!

-Aaron Fireblade Level 42

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
Ruthless Anthony on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
I think it would be a fun little quest line if we got to explore the sewers of Wizard City.
Merle Ambrose will call you to his office once again, explaining this is a dire situation.
Giant rats have invaded the City Sewers, infesting the already dirty water. They are quickly multiplying, and will sooner or later have to migrate above ground, causing havoc everywhere!
You enter the sewers through an unhinged floodgate (The one near the crafting lady in Olde Town).
As you enter, the water turns dirty, and there is no sign of rats. You come up on many clearings, to find rats of all shapes and sizes everywhere! Rotten food is all over the ground. Disgusting water surges around the clearings.
After this, you hear a cry for help, and see Sergeant Dooly (New character for quest) in a far corner, standing in the water. He tells you he has no idea how these rats even got here. The sergeant asks you to go get other guards for back up.
You must gather 5 guards, the three in Olde Town, the one near Colossus Boulevard, and the one near Unicorn Way. Once all gathered in the sewer, Dooly explains that we must attack the nest to end the reign of the rats. You arrive at a dark place in the sewers, full to the brim with rotten eggs and cheese. Your quest is to defeat four rats of any kind.
After this is done, Dooly explains he has found the rat who may have started this all.
You load up onto the sigil, and prepare for a boss fight. Mortimer Rat, and his mother, Cidna Rat, are waiting for you.
Says Cidna Rat.

After the battle with both bosses, Cidna explains a lone wizard let her loose as a baby into the sewers by accident. She was supposed to be a project in one of the wizard's classes.
She names the Wizard Simon BattleBlossom, and she promises that her and her colony of rats will travel elsewhere, to other worlds where they can stay in peace.

"Simon BattleBlossom? As I recall, he has been acting very strange lately. Do not worry wizard, his punishment will be just, perhaps a detention, or writing 'I will not release rats into the sewer' five hundred times. Ha!"
You receive the badge, "Honorary Exterminator" and also get a baby rat as a pet.

Of course, this idea is very much a bad rough draft, but it is just guidelines for Kingsisle to follow if they did ever let us explore the sewers!
i totally agree with you and i think when KI makes this they need to add this new equip spell and aura spell, this spell is called , minus gross factor and it is used when any " rat" monsters put on the disgust shield preventing them from damage. it cannot be removed with any other spell or stolen, I know your out there mowriaty! and also these rat are provided with their own " rat damage" or rat spell they can only use.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Hmmm that's a pretty nifty Idea. make it a level 50 and above dungeon. like water works. or the aquila dungeons

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Ruthless Anthony on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Says Cidna Rat.

Ruthless Anthony,

Wow; I am impressed by and totally respect your creativity. KI should definitely consider this one!

Thank you for bringing your wonderful ideas into the Spiral!!!

~Miranda Thunder gem
"Smiling is the best revenge of all."

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
galeshard123 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
i totally agree with you and i think when KI makes this they need to add this new equip spell and aura spell, this spell is called , minus gross factor and it is used when any " rat" monsters put on the disgust shield preventing them from damage. it cannot be removed with any other spell or stolen, I know your out there mowriaty! and also these rat are provided with their own " rat damage" or rat spell they can only use.
with that said I think it would be cool if all the sewers were right under a portal that could infest all the world and the center where the mamma rat is literately underneath bartelby and use his magic to grow,

hey dude, this is a really neat idea, even though its a rough draft KI really needs to consider this!

With determination,
the wheels of fate drive you to success,

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
don't forget exterminator gear to go with it like those nets and bottles of spray

Defender
May 01, 2011
I absolutely love this idea! I recently made a life wizard who has just finished Colossus Boulevard and Crab Alley recently and adding another side street would be amazing! The xp rewarded from theses extra areas are really helpful if you want to have a fun time without doing a bunch of side quests! I really hope KI takes this idea into consideration.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
i was wondering would we get new spell's and stuff from the quest and would it be a normal part of wizard city? Like fire catally or like night side. would there be any fun dungeons parts inside it with cheating bosses or any new crafts?
level 100 wizard