Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks - Gear

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I've just done Waterworks about two hours ago, and I didn't get any gear. I've heard that people had a lot of trouble getting all of the gear, and that it's "worth it" (even though it's a waste of time). Is there a probability of getting the gear, and do you just have to do Waterworks multiple times to get it?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dmlem28 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
I've just done Waterworks about two hours ago, and I didn't get any gear. I've heard that people had a lot of trouble getting all of the gear, and that it's "worth it" (even though it's a waste of time). Is there a probability of getting the gear, and do you just have to do Waterworks multiple times to get it?
All drops are random (there is no "probability" or percentage or drop rate), including Waterworks gear. You have to just go back and continue to farm it if you want that gear.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Some people end up doing it like 50 times to get gear but most try for the mastery amulets the most. it took me about 10 tries to get my WW set and im ice. So its basically luck. Although some say if you pick up the pearl reageant in one of the rooms that you wont get drops. Sooo id say its just luck of the draw

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Back in the day I did my time farming for said gear on my Life then my Death. I found the least attractive thing about this game to me was farming, aka "chance to get", especially for gear that was semi needed to progress in the game reasonably. I believe shortly after due to over farming the drop rate was decreased.

While questing in Zafaria on my Life, mainly solo, with my level 58 gear I did finally get all the pcs of WW gear, about 15 runs, that ranged from 1 to 3 hrs per run - ugh. During that time Wintertusk had came out and I went and crafted the Helmet for the extra blade. I still have that helmet, ww robe and ww boots on that lvl 94 wizard. I made the helmet with my life wizard for the death since I had crafted though the seal of the seven seas quest line. The deaths runs were less but still annoying. I had no Team for it like everyone else. I stopped questing with the death shortly after that, share banked the gear and deleted the death wizard, hence waste of time as I haven't started another death wizard on this account since.

My life wizard has since crafted all the helmets and robes for all schools, the boots are hit and miss so I didn't make all of them. I looked up where to find the reagents and whipped them all up in no time flat as all my wizards collect as they go so I had those reagents to slide to my life too.

Mary

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
i did it the first time for the quest and got the came then i farmed it for like 5 hours and got the rest of it then as soon as i got to level 70 i went to atlantea (in aquila) and i got a robe that was way better than the robe from waterworks

Blaze FireSword lvl 72

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
If you say it's a waste of time, it seems like you've already decided how much the gear is worth to you. I think it's amazing and that no wizard should be caught dead without it. I still need the hat from luska, just keep trying!
@RavenLady: Don't spread false information. Randomness works off probabilities.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I have done this many times on all my characters but at the end when you get that last piece of gear from the set you need you will be feel good about your self. Its so worth it in the end trust me
Austin Firecaster lvl 100