Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What The Arena Needs

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Okay, so, you know how there's tons of people with the Amulet of Divine Influence and such and also people with the full set of Hades/Waterworks gear? Then.. There's those unlucky guys who spent a lot more time farming but didn't get anything. Well, I'm not a huge fan of wasting more time farming than another person, the idea's just unfair for one side or the other. I know people who have farmed the Loremaster for months or almost a year just to get the Loremaster spell to do PvP, and trust me, this spell will make a definite change for most duelists. However, when I see people farming for Loremaster and I know myself that I've gotten the spell on my first try without even knowing that it existed, I feel kind of bad. I spent 10 minutes and got exactly what I needed, most other wizards spent months of farming to get the spell, and our skill level is probably the same.

So, what the Arena needs, is the ability to buy farmed gear for arena tickets. Spells too. The spells dropped from Loremaster should be available for tickets, Hades gear should be available for tickets, Waterworks gear, Lexicon Blade, Aureate Band, Blade of the Felled Titan, Alpha and Omega Ring, they should all be available for arena tickets. It could be 9000 tickets per gear or whatever, but just make the gear available from doing PvP.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
No. Then you can just do tournaments to get huge amounts of tickets, and effectively "buy" the gear with Crowns. If you want it that bad, keep on farming.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Will not and should not happen. Why should PvP players alone get the right to buy gear? Making only the most powerful PvP players just more powerful without making them work for it like everyone else does? Gimme a break. KI would never be so stupid to do that. The best gear in the game is dropped randomly and is open to all, you cannot buy it with crowns. This makes it fair to all regardless of how much money you have. They won't change that, and if they did they would lose a lot of players.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
That would make the gear less rare and it wouldn't be fair to those who spent months farming just to get the gear. Even in you lose a pvp match, you still get tickets so people could just keep doing pvp matches and getting tickets. I think the point of rare drops is for them to be rare and you have to work hard for them.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Adept

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
PvP King on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so, you know how there's tons of people with the Amulet of Divine Influence and such and also people with the full set of Hades/Waterworks gear? Then.. There's those unlucky guys who spent a lot more time farming but didn't get anything. Well, I'm not a huge fan of wasting more time farming than another person, the idea's just unfair for one side or the other. I know people who have farmed the Loremaster for months or almost a year just to get the Loremaster spell to do PvP, and trust me, this spell will make a definite change for most duelists. However, when I see people farming for Loremaster and I know myself that I've gotten the spell on my first try without even knowing that it existed, I feel kind of bad. I spent 10 minutes and got exactly what I needed, most other wizards spent months of farming to get the spell, and our skill level is probably the same.

So, what the Arena needs, is the ability to buy farmed gear for arena tickets. Spells too. The spells dropped from Loremaster should be available for tickets, Hades gear should be available for tickets, Waterworks gear, Lexicon Blade, Aureate Band, Blade of the Felled Titan, Alpha and Omega Ring, they should all be available for arena tickets. It could be 9000 tickets per gear or whatever, but just make the gear available from doing PvP.
Please, no. Absolutely not. The only thing this would do is encourage more tournament purchases because I doubt the items you mentioned, if implemented, will cost a small amount of tickets. I don't want to see the game dance around pay-to-win or have the farming accomplishments of others undermined. You're just hoping for the fastest possible way for your characters to be PvP-ready. As others have said, PvP isn't the only aspect of Wizard101.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Robobot1747 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
No. Then you can just do tournaments to get huge amounts of tickets, and effectively "buy" the gear with Crowns. If you want it that bad, keep on farming.
I already have the gear myself, I'm saying this because the amount of time it takes somebody to get the right gear compared to somebody else can be insane, whether their skill is the same or not.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
seethe42 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Will not and should not happen. Why should PvP players alone get the right to buy gear? Making only the most powerful PvP players just more powerful without making them work for it like everyone else does? Gimme a break. KI would never be so stupid to do that. The best gear in the game is dropped randomly and is open to all, you cannot buy it with crowns. This makes it fair to all regardless of how much money you have. They won't change that, and if they did they would lose a lot of players.
How does farming for months compared to somebody who got their gear on the first try make it fair? With the drop rates being percentages, there's a possibility that you will never get the gear. And no, KingsIsle wouldn't lose money or players, in fact many more PvE players will try to do tournaments as well if that happened, and even more PvP players would be drawn in too.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
glowstorm13 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
That would make the gear less rare and it wouldn't be fair to those who spent months farming just to get the gear. Even in you lose a pvp match, you still get tickets so people could just keep doing pvp matches and getting tickets. I think the point of rare drops is for them to be rare and you have to work hard for them.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Adept
So, because there's people that farmed for months and got lucky to get the gear, and there's people that farmed years that didn't get the gear, it's fair? No, there should be an award after farming or doing PvP for a while, so why not make the gear available for doing PvP?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Matthew Raven 55 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Please, no. Absolutely not. The only thing this would do is encourage more tournament purchases because I doubt the items you mentioned, if implemented, will cost a small amount of tickets. I don't want to see the game dance around pay-to-win or have the farming accomplishments of others undermined. You're just hoping for the fastest possible way for your characters to be PvP-ready. As others have said, PvP isn't the only aspect of Wizard101.
Cool, then do pet derbies if you hate PvP so much, that's your problem. You PvE players get to enjoy farming for months because that's most PvE players do in the game, while PvP players have to farm and spend time on something they don't like. And yeah, you're right, PvP isn't the only aspect of Wizard101, but neither is PvE.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
Heck why not? and also make commader gear dropped by bosses and warlord badges buyable with points so we can all look like hotshots.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Cool, then do pet derbies if you hate PvP so much, that's your problem. You PvE players get to enjoy farming for months because that's most PvE players do in the game, while PvP players have to farm and spend time on something they don't like. And yeah, you're right, PvP isn't the only aspect of Wizard101, but neither is PvE.
I have (and had) Warlords in every school at various levels and ratings. My problem is not with your complaint about farming; I hate it as well. My problem is what you proposed will make the game pay-to-win. Granted, it wouldn't be the only way to obtain those things, but you'd be paying for a shortcut. Tournaments (money) is/are the only practical method to obtain items that cost thousands of tickets. Please, find me someone that owns a Gorilla Skirmisher mount that has never joined a tournament. I don't know why you seem to assume anyone that disagrees with "hates" PvP. I think you'll get better feedback if you propose an alternative to getting that gear without it involving money.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lucky Wizard on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Heck why not? and also make commader gear dropped by bosses and warlord badges buyable with points so we can all look like hotshots.
Nah. But the idea of making the Commander robe design dropped by bosses isn't a bad idea, it's actually kind of fair, heck, why not even make the design craftable?

Champion
Dec 03, 2012

That ruins the fun out of farming. Makes it worth nothing. Lots of people enjoy farming. No, just no.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Molly the Balance ... on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
That ruins the fun out of farming. Makes it worth nothing. Lots of people enjoy farming. No, just no.
Yes, because farming is definitely the best part of the game. I always hop on the game just to farm endlessly on something I can't get instead of doing something that I do like in the game, for sure.

In other words, some people enjoy it, many don't. I want to do something I like and get something I like from it.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Molly the Balance ... on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
If you want to farm, this solution wouldn't stop you from doing so. The gear would cost many thousands of arena tickets, making it still quite hard to get, but instead of having to farm for what could possibly be months while getting nothing, you know that you will get it eventually. For the people that say that it would be pay to win, you're right, it would. However, if people didn't pay for the game and crowns, Kingsisle wouldn't get money, and if Kingsisle didn't get money, the game would go down. I personally am against the game going down. If you really hate that it's pay to win, perhaps a system could even be implemented where another currency was introduced, perhaps something where you got one of it per PvP win, and perhaps 1,000 of this currency could be traded in for one of these rare items. Still very hard to get, simply not as many crowns would have to be spent.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
No, this is a horrible idea. Top gear should be earned the same way it always has.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Gemma Luna on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
No, this is a horrible idea. Top gear should be earned the same way it always has.
"should be earned" is my keyword here. Most people that farm for month don't even get what they want, so there is no earning. Also, this does absolutely nothing to farming for bosses dropping them, it's a way to make sure you get the gear 100% eventually.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
PvP King on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Yes, because farming is definitely the best part of the game. I always hop on the game just to farm endlessly on something I can't get instead of doing something that I do like in the game, for sure.

In other words, some people enjoy it, many don't. I want to do something I like and get something I like from it.
Isn't PvP in this sense essentially just a glorified farming technique for tickets then?

I mean really, look at it through crafting spells.

If you craft spells, the recipes aren't easy (take this from someone who has crafted Catalan, Lord of Night, Deer Knight, Krampus, and is currently working on Brimstone and Savage Paw) you pretty much have to farm for ingredients, the only difference is that it is slightly easier to get these reagents in some cases, or you "camp" at the bazaar (a less glorified version of farming no?)

So in reality, everything you try is gonna result in farming. I farmed out Samoorai from the boss in Mooshu. It took 200 battles to get (I kept count) but I was able to get it for my girlfriend (not even my wizard) at a much lower level than you could typically craft it.

So no matter what you do, if you wan't the best gear, it's going to take time. So for this powerful gear, why not make the gear craftable, but at a ridiculously complicated recipe. For example, Alpha and Omega Ring:

Proposal:

15 Amber
30 Sunstone
30 Turquoise
2 Celestian Calendar (or some other rank 10 spell)
10 stardust
30 Astral shards
50 Vine
30 Fossils

This wouldn't take away from those who "farmed it out" since the recipe (in my opinion) is almost as challenging as farming it out anyway. Crafting is the best alternative to farming so long as the recipe is just as difficult as the process of farming anyway. The recipe should match the value of the item (the Alpha and Omega ring is the best ring in the game, so obviously it should have a very challenging recipe)

Just my thoughts.

-The RavenCatcher

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Sokad on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Isn't PvP in this sense essentially just a glorified farming technique for tickets then?

I mean really, look at it through crafting spells.

If you craft spells, the recipes aren't easy (take this from someone who has crafted Catalan, Lord of Night, Deer Knight, Krampus, and is currently working on Brimstone and Savage Paw) you pretty much have to farm for ingredients, the only difference is that it is slightly easier to get these reagents in some cases, or you "camp" at the bazaar (a less glorified version of farming no?)

So in reality, everything you try is gonna result in farming. I farmed out Samoorai from the boss in Mooshu. It took 200 battles to get (I kept count) but I was able to get it for my girlfriend (not even my wizard) at a much lower level than you could typically craft it.

So no matter what you do, if you wan't the best gear, it's going to take time. So for this powerful gear, why not make the gear craftable, but at a ridiculously complicated recipe. For example, Alpha and Omega Ring:

Proposal:

15 Amber
30 Sunstone
30 Turquoise
2 Celestian Calendar (or some other rank 10 spell)
10 stardust
30 Astral shards
50 Vine
30 Fossils

This wouldn't take away from those who "farmed it out" since the recipe (in my opinion) is almost as challenging as farming it out anyway. Crafting is the best alternative to farming so long as the recipe is just as difficult as the process of farming anyway. The recipe should match the value of the item (the Alpha and Omega ring is the best ring in the game, so obviously it should have a very challenging recipe)

Just my thoughts.

-The RavenCatcher

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having the gear be craftable, but again, I don't have the time to farm bosses for reagents as much as I have the time to farm bosses for the gear in the first place. I used to have lots of time to farm gear, which I got all of them on one of my wizards, but doing the same thing over and over on 6 different wizards is too much. Plus, with crafting, you'd have to get to the crafting rank, have enough reagents, spend time farming the boss for the reagents on all 6 of your wizards, just to have the gear.

On top of that, we all have to admit at some point: Farming is boring. Nobody likes doing and seeing the same things happen over and over, once you finish something you want to move onto the next. However, with farming, you repeatedly have to farm the same boss over and over following the same rules, using the same spells, and having no surprises. The reason why I said that the Hades gear be able to be won by tickets (or have the same set as it but it gives -100% mana) is because PvE players enjoy farming, but PvP players want to be doing PvP. That way, both sides could choose how they get their gear, and both have somewhat of a difficulty to them. You have to either be doing lots of PvP or lots of boss fights, whichever you prefer. The other reason why this idea is so good is to make sure you get your gear 100% instead of wasting time farming and possibly never getting the gear. The drop rates today are ridiculously low for most gear, make an alternative option to know you can get it 100%.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
this is my personal opinion if gear is made buy able thats unfair to the players who struggle to pay for the game and a advantage for those with money it wont help all players obtain the gear just the ones with money farming is hard and tough agrovating too but if you stay patient you will eventually get what you are trying for keep your heads up little wizards

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Absolutely not. This is an incredibly bad idea.

PVP does not need an ounce more power than it already has. Farmed gear and spells should be equally available to everyone -- not something that privileges PVP.

The solution is not to make the gear something that only PVP can buy with arena tickets. The solution is to make the drop rates for farmed gear more reasonable for everyone, and not such an incredible chance event.

But the chance of getting the gear/spells should remain the same chance for everyone in the game, and not something that PVP has an additional avenue to get that everyone else in the game does not have.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013

I think you should be able to use crowns to buy spells and training points. Some people don't want to do PVP and they need another option so yeah.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
How does farming for months compared to somebody who got their gear on the first try make it fair? With the drop rates being percentages, there's a possibility that you will never get the gear. And no, KingsIsle wouldn't lose money or players, in fact many more PvE players will try to do tournaments as well if that happened, and even more PvP players would be drawn in too.
It's completely fair because EVERYONE has the EXACT same chance of getting it. You are asking for special privelege for only a certain few players. PvP players don't need a special advantage, you already have elite PvP gear as a reward for doing PvP. PvE drops are a reward for doing PvE and perseverence. By your logic, they should start handing out PvP spells and gear from fighting the Kraken as PvE drops. Why make someone be a Warlord and earn tickets for Warlord gear, that's unfair... just make it a drop for anyone. I know that seems different, but it isn't. You are asking for PvP benefits to be applied to PvE gear, without allowing PvP gear to be applied to PvE. You earned your rank as Warlord by fighting PvP... I earned my gear by fighting PvE dungeons. They really shouldn't mix.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2011
ok pvpking what do you think about the mastery amulet? it is basically something that allows you to do something you should not be doing. right? or no? I no you are probably gonna talk about strategy and all this and all that, but hopefully you will keep a open mind and not be mean to me. it allows you to do something you should not be doing.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2011
please stop all mastery amulet use in pvp. please stop all beguile tc use in pvp. try to make some kind of spell to cleanse charm beguile