Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
Now that the Morganthe arc has drawn to a close, I thought this would be a great time to recap about her story, what we liked, disliked, and what we though could be improved about her. I found morganthe to be an engaging villain, she had a mission, and nothing was going to get in her way.

She traveled to Celestia to learn the secrets of astral magic, as the storm titan had denied her from doing so when he sunk Celestia.

She traveled to Zafaria, and used the missing students as a way to distract the council of light while she was able to steal the four sacred artifices from the four zafarian tribes, by stealing those artefacts, she was able to access mirror lake and regain her dreaded deck of shadows, which the council of light hid from her.

Merle Ambrose sent us to his and Morganthe's home world of Avalon, to save the land and recover the sword of kings, which would be used to save Avalon, and bind our soul to it by us learning the spell king Artorius in the future. We learn a little of the history behind morganthe, by learning about her brother Malory, and how he plotted to kill Artorius, enlisting her help. Once Malory died at Artorius's hand, the king was left fatally wounded, and in his suffering, struck a 'deal with the devil', as he accepted the horned crown from morganthe, which saved his life, but turned him into the dreaded pendragon, which proceeded to help I'm the destruction of the kingdom. We are able to save kind Artorius and restore Avalon to its former glory.

Next we head to Azteca, a world thought to be destroyed by the comet Xibalba years ago, morganthe has resurfaced and has risen an army of the undead to pillage the world. After a series of questing, we discover morganthe with her dark minion, who is later revealed to be malistaire, who she has revived as a wraith to do her bidding. After we travel to Xibalba to stop her, we find the lords of night, one of the oldest beings in the spiral, who know the song of creation, the very thread of the universe, which morganthe intends to learn, after we defeat malistaire for a second time, we find out morganthe learned astral magic to be able to control Xibalba and send it to destroy Azteca, and there is nothing we can do. We leave Azteca, and it's residents, to die.

In a final effort to stop morganthe once and for all, we travel to the heart of the shadow web itself, the world of khrysalis. Through a series of rebellions from the mouse people and the mantis, we are left facing Morganthe's most powerful warlords, who she had gifted with shadow magic, a form of magic we learn as well, making us a master of shadow and light. We travel to the shadow palace, where we fight Moros, the Bartleby of the shadow web, who would hold Morganthe's new world together, and we fight her warlords once more at the prime of their power, and ultimately free the lords of night before morganthe is able to master the song. After an epic battle, morganthe is destroyed by her own foolishness.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
xenbay on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Now that the Morganthe arc has drawn to a close, I thought this would be a great time to recap about her story, what we liked, disliked, and what we though could be improved about her. I found morganthe to be an engaging villain, she had a mission, and nothing was going to get in her way.

She traveled to Celestia to learn the secrets of astral magic, as the storm titan had denied her from doing so when he sunk Celestia.

She traveled to Zafaria, and used the missing students as a way to distract the council of light while she was able to steal the four sacred artifices from the four zafarian tribes, by stealing those artefacts, she was able to access mirror lake and regain her dreaded deck of shadows, which the council of light hid from her.

Merle Ambrose sent us to his and Morganthe's home world of Avalon, to save the land and recover the sword of kings, which would be used to save Avalon, and bind our soul to it by us learning the spell king Artorius in the future. We learn a little of the history behind morganthe, by learning about her brother Malory, and how he plotted to kill Artorius, enlisting her help. Once Malory died at Artorius's hand, the king was left fatally wounded, and in his suffering, struck a 'deal with the devil', as he accepted the horned crown from morganthe, which saved his life, but turned him into the dreaded pendragon, which proceeded to help I'm the destruction of the kingdom. We are able to save kind Artorius and restore Avalon to its former glory.

Next we head to Azteca, a world thought to be destroyed by the comet Xibalba years ago, morganthe has resurfaced and has risen an army of the undead to pillage the world. After a series of questing, we discover morganthe with her dark minion, who is later revealed to be malistaire, who she has revived as a wraith to do her bidding. After we travel to Xibalba to stop her, we find the lords of night, one of the oldest beings in the spiral, who know the song of creation, the very thread of the universe, which morganthe intends to learn, after we defeat malistaire for a second time, we find out morganthe learned astral magic to be able to control Xibalba and send it to destroy Azteca, and there is nothing we can do. We leave Azteca, and it's residents, to die.

In a final effort to stop morganthe once and for all, we travel to the heart of the shadow web itself, the world of khrysalis. Through a series of rebellions from the mouse people and the mantis, we are left facing Morganthe's most powerful warlords, who she had gifted with shadow magic, a form of magic we learn as well, making us a master of shadow and light. We travel to the shadow palace, where we fight Moros, the Bartleby of the shadow web, who would hold Morganthe's new world together, and we fight her warlords once more at the prime of their power, and ultimately free the lords of night before morganthe is able to master the song. After an epic battle, morganthe is destroyed by her own foolishness.
I loved how you explained her history. I completed the Main Quest on few of my wizards, but never fully understood the storyline. I appreciate very much

Thomas Dragonrider Level 100

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I really like your recap! I think the main storyline is great but at some times it was confusing. Thank you for the recap!

Promethean

Defender
Jul 03, 2012

By the way, Khrysalis is Morganthe's home world o, o

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Time Warped on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
By the way, Khrysalis is Morganthe's home world o, o
Avalon is her original home world, She also lived in Wizard City for some time until she was expelled for almost blowing the entire city up, from Wizard City she went to search for a new world of hidden magic to replace the magic that was taken from her, and that world was Khrysalis. She also lived in Zafaria until the Council of Light "banished" her and locked her spell deck at the bottom of Mirror Lake inside her Tower. Morganthe had a lot of homes what can I say
Megan Frostflame Level 100 Child of Light and Shadow

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011

Might I add that the Celestians denied Morganthe of the Astral Magic, not the Storm Titan. The Storm Titan was summoned by the Celestians to stop the war between the Celestians and the Morgantine Forces (Morganthe's Army).