Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big mistake

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Back when I was starting out I was spending my training points on fire up until sunbird. Now I realize my mistake. Now I have started training in life to satyr. But now I need to know how to manage my training points. I don't want to buy crowns to buy back. This is how I want to use my training points:

Life until satyr, death until feint, sun for sharpened blade, colossal, and potent trap.

I'm already ice, so I don't need to worry about tower shield. The only way I think I can regain those lost points are through zeke's quests.

James Iceglade, level 25

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Ice hmm, I'd stop and buy back the extra points before you go on.

Life to Sprite. Go to Satyr if you have (or plan to get) a Life mastery.
Elemental Blade
Later you'll want the Sun damage enchantments and some Star Aura spells.

Death to feint for extra damage.
Fire to Elf for removing shields.
Reshuffle (or just keep TC version)
Weakness (good for PvP mostly)

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
Oh no! I'm sorry that happened. It happens to all of us, I guess, My storm had learned myth until level 50, and then I had to buy all of my points back! If you have a 90 friend, he/she can help you get Zeke's Wife's quest for Khrysalis, it's quite simple and you get a player point for it!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Um... what is the issue here? You should probably have enough points, if you really want to get them back use crowns :(. Fire is not a good secondary school, secondary schools are a scam IMHO.
Inb4 crowns vs time.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
1. for Ice? I agree with robobbot in one regard..fire is a horrible secondary. Spend gold on fire tc's instead. try either death or life as a secondary, and invest in a mastery amulet for that school. I run with the life mastery unless I'm doing an ice fight, in which case I switch decks [I have one each specifically for fighting life bosses and fire bosses.] and amulets and wands. If you can't afford the mastery amulets? Then invest training points in that school all the way up to whatever level spell you can learn for points before they cut you off. There are so many training points available throughout the game it's ridiculous. Then after you've got your secondary school spells up to...level 40 I think it is. don't spend training points til you get to celestia, when you have access to the sun, star and moon school trainers. Invest in the sun school spells of tough through colossal. As well as the star school spells of amplify, conviction, infallible, vengeance and empowerment. then later on when you can access the trainers there and get high level enough...the star school spell sleet. and whatever you choose for a secondary. Oh on...on...whats the one with the gobblers, I forget? Go there, in one of the open plazas where the statues are there's a staircase that goes down into a house. you can get reshuffle from the witch in the house. Reshuffle can save your hide in a long fight.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Gemma Luna on May 26, 2014 wrote:
Ice hmm, I'd stop and buy back the extra points before you go on.

Life to Sprite. Go to Satyr if you have (or plan to get) a Life mastery.
Elemental Blade
Later you'll want the Sun damage enchantments and some Star Aura spells.

Death to feint for extra damage.
Fire to Elf for removing shields.
Reshuffle (or just keep TC version)
Weakness (good for PvP mostly)
Sorry I forgot to mention I already have elemental blade. I don't want to buy any crowns but I think satyr is the way to go. I think keeping reshuffle as a TC is a good idea. Not sure about the fire elf and I'm not really interested in pvp. Everything else seems good to me.

James Iceglade, level 26

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
I had this problem too. I trained Storm up until Storm Shark and decided it was a huge mistake. I ended up quitting to train that school and train life up until Centaur which was also a bad idea since I should have only gone up to Satyr. I trained Elemental Blades/Traps, Ice to Tower, Reshuffle, and all the spells Diego sells since I was a PvPer on my fire back in the 1st Age of PvP. I also trained the Sun School enchants Colossal from Zafaria, Gargantuan, Monstrous, Giant, and Strong from Celestia, Sharpen Blade, Potent Trap, and Primordial from Azteca, and Star for Fortify, Amplify, Infallible from Celestia, and Furnace from Azteca. Also I only bought Dark Nova since I got Dark Fiend and Shadow Shrike for free. In all I had wasted around 9 training points. Though you can always buy back your points or Level Up some more to get some to make up for them. I bought back my training points on my myth wizard due to training all of Death and Balance and it cost about 12,000 Crowns so it's better to buy them while you are lower level and didn't spend as much training points.
Megan Frostflame Level 100 Child of Light and Shadow

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
All of my wizards have trained the Sun and Star spells, Stun Block, and Death to Feint; the exception is Storm, who has Ice to Tower Shield instead.

I learned this the hard way, too. My balance wizard had secondary/tertiary schools, and I ended up buying all of her points back at level 80. Cost me about 12500 crowns, so it was an expensive mistake that I will not be repeating.

-von

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
frozenwarrior984 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Sorry I forgot to mention I already have elemental blade. I don't want to buy any crowns but I think satyr is the way to go. I think keeping reshuffle as a TC is a good idea. Not sure about the fire elf and I'm not really interested in pvp. Everything else seems good to me.

James Iceglade, level 26
I found this guide to be helpful for my Ice who is level 98 now.

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/ice-ice-baby-a-comprehensive-pve-ice-guide/

I did train Death to Feint but did not train Life to Satyr. I have a pet with a few heals and I purchased 2 pip Fairy spells prior to getting a Frankinbunny with healing cards for when I helping others, other wise have Enchanted Armament pet with sharpen blades and 2 MC heals. I have the tri blade/trap and at lvl 50 start the Sun spells though Colossal, you don't have to take the Accuracy spells to progress to the next fist spell. Reshuffle can be trained or TC but don't know if I have ever used it. My deck set up is always simple. Jewel of Feint stacks with trained, which I get at level 50, later I switch it on and off with the amulet with blade and conviction dropped in Avalon.

I stick to spending points on spells that would help my school given ones. I was lucky on my first wizard that I didn't get to carried away with that to be able to recover by taking all the quests that gave a point though the Spiral.

Mary