Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

farming for gear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2009
i feel like for some reason whenever i farm for gear in this game it seems rigged against me, recently i farmed yeva spiderkeeper for 3 HOURS to try to get a good myth hat for starting at lvl 51 myth pvp, and i checked what she drops and i got EVERY SINGLE ITEM except the spiderkeepers storyviel from her witch was the only thing i went there for, i'm not gonna complain about hades or morganthe because they drop mgear that is truly game changing but this hat is a simple hat i just wanted to use to get my myth started in pvp at lvl 50 but i had zero luck, anybody else feel like when they farm they get everything the enemy drops except the thing they want? cause i find this relatively annoying and very frustrating going through 4 potions for mana loss.
William DawnCloudlvl 100
Aaron WinterSpearlvl 70
Liam RainSpearlvl 51
Anthony Silverlvl 30

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It happens to everyone. It's all biased by our view though. You are hoping for one specific piece of gear so you anticipate it more and get let down more when you don't get it. It just makes it seem like it's not dropping the one thing we want. This has nothing to do with drop rates just perception. Farming for the most common items can be just as frustrating because it always seems like it's the one thing you are looking for that won't drop.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Bad luck is not a bug. Keep on farming, young Conjurer.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
William Dawncloud on May 12, 2014 wrote:
i feel like for some reason whenever i farm for gear in this game it seems rigged against me, recently i farmed yeva spiderkeeper for 3 HOURS to try to get a good myth hat for starting at lvl 51 myth pvp, and i checked what she drops and i got EVERY SINGLE ITEM except the spiderkeepers storyviel from her witch was the only thing i went there for, i'm not gonna complain about hades or morganthe because they drop mgear that is truly game changing but this hat is a simple hat i just wanted to use to get my myth started in pvp at lvl 50 but i had zero luck, anybody else feel like when they farm they get everything the enemy drops except the thing they want? cause i find this relatively annoying and very frustrating going through 4 potions for mana loss.
William DawnCloudlvl 100
Aaron WinterSpearlvl 70
Liam RainSpearlvl 51
Anthony Silverlvl 30
My personal favorite with farming is when you bring another person and they get the drop you were working for.

I personally put a lot less stock in farming and only do it for silly things I want in the game and I only seek out quick fights.

Mary

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Agree, drop rate of certain items are higher than others. You are going to get common drops a lot. Its the rare ones that are most gratifying. Few small hints. Do not worry about who gets the kill-shot on the boss, doesn't always work. Misery loves company, more people, more loot, more chance to get something. Full crew if ya can.
Someone else get the item you were after? Don't be discouraged, its proof that it DOES DROP.

Good luck, keep swinging.