Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Stats

AuthorMessage
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Lately I've been questing with a friend of mine, and he's recently gotten the new gear from Tartarus. I haven't and, remember this next statement please, I'm doing just fine without it. I can solo cheating bosses at my level and I can finish a 4v1 boss fight successfully.

So one day, he brings up the topic of my stats. I know my critical is less than average, but, personally, I don't like the Hades gear. There is very little accuracy on the gear he's suggesting I get, which is a deal-breaker for me, because as a Storm, most of the time I hit before I die or I die in harder fights.

He's suggesting that I get the critical/damage gear and I'm not going for it. I find that relying on something that will be blocked more later on ridiculous. I'd rather depend on concrete stats that don't rely on chance.

So, I want to get your opinions on my stats.

Currently, I use the Woodland Tribal Hood, Skyscream Cape, Mysterious Jade Boots (90+), Lunar Sceptor of Anubis (90+), Blade of the Felled Titan, Life Mastery, Triskeleon Band/Band of the Falling Star and a card deck that gives plus 18 health. Its name is evading me at the moment.

With these I feel I have a fairly balanced set of stats and I can solo fights easily, if not in a timely manner. I'd also like to add in that my wizard is level 98, and a Diviner. I also don't want to run Tartarus because only one of my good friends is at that level and I'm more comfortable running dungeons with people I know or respect.

So, should I maybe listen to him or should I keep my gear the way it is?

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Your wizard. Your gear. Your style of game play. Your satisfaction with all of these factors. Your level of enjoyment with and success at playing the game. Your decision.

Miranda Nightsinger, Promethean Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Magus Pyromancer

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Your gear is fine. High crit rating is a fad, but it's not a very important stat most of the time. Ignore fashion and stick to basics if you are happy.

Lots of level 100 Storm wizards are still using Waterworks hat and robe with crafted block boots, or crown boots for more damage. Hades storm gear isn't that great for PvE. Critical and pierce help a lot for beating turtles in PvP, but not much when questing. High level bosses usually have a lot of block, so most of your crits don't land. Hades gear has lower damage and less accuracy than waterworks, so you crit a little more, but do less damage when you don't, and you fizzle more often.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
Scarlet Nightdream... on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Lately I've been questing with a friend of mine, and he's recently gotten the new gear from Tartarus. I haven't and, remember this next statement please, I'm doing just fine without it. I can solo cheating bosses at my level and I can finish a 4v1 boss fight successfully.

So one day, he brings up the topic of my stats. I know my critical is less than average, but, personally, I don't like the Hades gear. There is very little accuracy on the gear he's suggesting I get, which is a deal-breaker for me, because as a Storm, most of the time I hit before I die or I die in harder fights.

He's suggesting that I get the critical/damage gear and I'm not going for it. I find that relying on something that will be blocked more later on ridiculous. I'd rather depend on concrete stats that don't rely on chance.

So, I want to get your opinions on my stats.

Currently, I use the Woodland Tribal Hood, Skyscream Cape, Mysterious Jade Boots (90+), Lunar Sceptor of Anubis (90+), Blade of the Felled Titan, Life Mastery, Triskeleon Band/Band of the Falling Star and a card deck that gives plus 18 health. Its name is evading me at the moment.

With these I feel I have a fairly balanced set of stats and I can solo fights easily, if not in a timely manner. I'd also like to add in that my wizard is level 98, and a Diviner. I also don't want to run Tartarus because only one of my good friends is at that level and I'm more comfortable running dungeons with people I know or respect.

So, should I maybe listen to him or should I keep my gear the way it is?
I wouldn't be concerned about your stats one bit if they work for you. If they were bothering you yourself then I would definitiely change them, but if they are suited to your style of play then keep them. Some people like to go for early critical like a lot of friends of mine, simply because it's an easier kill. However, I find that it has such a small chance of occurring that it rarely matters.