Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Story Time April 2014

AuthorMessage
Developer
AmberRavenSong7 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Once when I was a young wizard, I met a feline who said she was from a land called Mirage. Have you ever heard of Mirage? Is it really a part of the Spiral?

Mirage is amazing. I can't wait to visit.

(Note: I still have no idea when that will be.)

Developer
AoS Sheldon on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
1) What can we expect from Old Cob?

2) Is Old Cob "Grandfather Spider" referenced in the Obelisk Orb Quest?

3) Will there be a prophecy like Morganthe's for Old Cob?

4) If Old Cob is Grandfather Spiral, will we learn more about Bartleby, Grandmother Raven and the Titans? and Will Bartleby get his eye back?

Loved the ending to the Morg Arc!

Thanks

Sheldon
1. Time will tell. Hrum.

3. I'm not sure I understand this question.

Thanks for the kind words!

Developer
Jason95l on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
1)In the new worlds For chapter 3, Will you continue magic or/and will there be any new magic? Shadow magic is cool and all but it kinda makes pvp unbalanced.

1. I'm sure we will explore all sorts of magic for the next story/worlds.

2. That, my friend, is a Game Mechanics question. Not my bag, I'm afraid.

Developer
JosephSpellMender on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Hi,

1.) Could Old Cob' be up to something with this ''prophecy''? He mentioned the new worlds, Mirage, Polaris and Empyeria. That would be exciting! :D

2.) I saw a shooting star when Morganthe fell, could that mean something?

Joseph SpellMender :)
2. Shooting stars are very important omens in the Spiral.

Developer
Robobot1747 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
How long does the story take? What I mean is, if you enrolled in the Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, about how many days/months/years would it be until you fought Malistaire or Morganthe?
From an in-game time frame? Like, how many days and weeks does your character experience? That's an interesting question.

I'd hazard that any time Ambrose says, "Go back to your studies while we investigate this further" there's an understood period of weeks or possibly even months. Certainly there's a big gap between Zafaria and Avalon, and Avalon and Azteca.

But the "downtime" between Azteca and Khrysalis is much shorter, and of course the gap between KR1 and KR2 is very small indeed.

That said, I wouldn't want to pin it down too realistically. Stories like this are mythological and epic for lots of reasons, and fluid time is one of those.

Developer
Pirates o the Spir... on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Hi King!

I have a couple of questions, you can choose if you want to answer any of them. Some are based around Morganthe.

1. When Morganthe was banished from Ravenwood for separating the Death School from Ravenwood, where did she go to meet Captain Coleridge? We learned in the story that he is a rat from Skull Island (P101?) Did Morganthe give up the Wizard life and become a pirate () for a while before getting into trouble in the hive?

2. I am confused in her 3rd memory where it shows her and the Young Captain Coleridge searching the hive for new magic for her to use since hers was taken away by Ambrose. The Spiders appears and says that she may be the "Chosen one of the Prophecy?" After reading the Orb History Quest for KR, it appears that Old Cob was waiting for a chosen one. (Did the spiders bite her for her to grow her own spider legs or is that just part of her attire?)

3. I am holding up hope that all of the arcs are somehow connected by something big. One of my theories is that one of Old Cob's "children" bit Sylvia Drake which caused her to get sick and pass away, Malistaire to go Crazy starting arc 1.

4. I'm surprised Bartelby and Grandmother Raven haven't spoken to us about Old Cob after the storyline in K42, they are enemies correct? Would have been interesting to talk to both of them instead of Ambrose.

5. Do you have a fascination with Spiders King Artorius? :P Its been the villain since arc 2.
PS: I absolutely love the Memory function in KR2 of when we change into Morganthe and use her deck etc... Please KI do this more! (Ambrose/School Professors/NPC's) It would be amazing and fun!
As has been mentioned, the demise of the Death School was at Malistaire's hands - not Morganthe's. But to your question, when Morganthe was expelled, she did whatever she had to in order to travel the Spiral, always searching to restore her magic. Her curiosity, ambition, and greed kept driving her forward. When she met Captain Taylor Coleridge, they both assumed they could use the other to get what they wanted. It didn't go so well for Coleridge, did it?

What are you confused about in her 3rd memory? They came to Khrysalis because Morganthe believed this world contained great, ancient magic. After visiting the Alcazar of Radiant Judgement, where they were welcomed but took advantage of their hosts, Morganthe and Coleridge's crew traveled to the Hive. They expected a warm reception. Instead, the Arachna were not too pleased to find intruders in their home.

Hope that helps!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Dear King Artorius,
I know your busy fixing Avalon to its rightful glory but I must ask,
Was Malistare always evil? In Wizard City story line it said that Malistare was always good before the death of Sylvia but when when we entered the second chamber in Khrysalis it didn't seem so.

Sincerely Exalted Thaumaturge

Developer
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Hello, King Artorius! Nice to see you again and glad you could take some time to answer our questions. I had just a few to ask of you:

But first, a complement: I really liked what you guys did with the 1st and 2nd arc. The 2 arcs connect well together, because the 1st just gives you a presentation of Ravenwood, but the 2nd then adds in those "behind the secret door" lore bits, with Morganthe's Arc revealing the Council of Light, Astral Magic, Shadow Magic, the creation of Ravenwood and origins of Ambrose, and finally at the end, Grandfather Spider. I always had a hunch that the 2nd and 3rd Arc were going to corellate and it would appear the 3rd arc will go more in depth with the beginning of the Spiral, the Titans, and the lives of Grandmother Raven, Bartleby, and Grandfather Spider. I'm very excited!

1. I'm not convinced that Morganthe and Malistaire are officially out of the picture and there's still missing info on Malistaire's return. It appears that they've both left on a note that could possible mean they're coming back. Do you have any plans to just end-end their presence and put them to rest?

2. I was wondering, now that the 2nd arc is done, do you have any plans to create new side worlds similar to the whole Dragonspyre-Grizzlehiem instance? As in, do you plan to make a large side world that has it's own stand-alone story and could be expanded on? I'd really like the Spiral Door to Gobblerton to finally open up.

3. Could you possibly explain the connection between Khrysalis, Zafaria, and Celestia? My problem is that Morganthe became Queen in Khrysalis, but a some point ruled Zafaria for a time. Inyanga did say Zafaria was once the Shadow Queen's old place of reign. Then Celestia some how ends up the target of her schemes because her Prophecy calls for Astral Magic, but as we learn in Khrysalis, Morganthe doesn't even like Astral magic. Could you please touch up on this? How did she get to Zafaria from Khrysalis and why cause so much war in Celestia?
Thanks for the kind words, and the close study of the game. It certainly makes us happy to read such insightful comments.

1. I really can't answer that. Obviously, in the world of fantasy and SF and pulp adventures people come back from "the dead" all the time. That said, it's boring if you do it too often - it cheapens death. And also, there are lots of other fascinating, sinister, deadly characters to meet in the Spiral. Not every X-men story can be vs. Magneto, can it? ;)

2. Always a possibility.

3. After the Arachna (the Elder Magi) took Morganthe into their web (you can suspect this was not an easy transition) and introduced her to Shadow magic (nor was this), she started testing her powers in the distant worlds of the Spiral - far away from where anyone else would notice. I don't have all my notes in front of me, but if I recall the history properly, it went something like this:

* Morganthe led an army out of Khrysalis to Celestia to once again try to master Astral magic - she failed, and Celestia was destroyed.

* Morganthe fled back to Khrysalis to lick her wounds. She raised a new army, corrupting and twisting more of the native races her to cause, and spread out the her dark web - probably enveloping some small worlds, and ultimately conquering Zafaria.

* Eventually the people of Zafaria called for help and rose up against her. The Council of Light thought she was destroyed, buried beneath her shattered palace.

* But in truth she fled back to Khrysalis, and we wouldn't hear from her again until she reappeared in Celestia.

Morganthe doesn't like Astral magic because it's not in her nature to use it properly. That doesn't mean she doesn't want it.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
1. Are Old Cob's spawns truly evil? From the dialog I'd say Old Cob simply told them to live life and do all that that entails, wheather that be to make marry or wage wars.

2. There is a massive door in the High Road of Avalon blocked by rocks and such, is this purely a decoritive feature or is it planned to have it someday lead somewhere?

3. Will you ever make the Elephant Graveyard of Zafaria into a house? I'd love to live there. Other than Avalon, as a whole, it is my favorite area in all of Wizard101. Please give my thanks to the brains behind its design.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Hi King Artorious! I was wondering about Morganthe's conclusion. What made you to decide to end it in this way?

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
1. I noticed that all the worlds of the spiral are chunks of land in space. Did the worlds of the Spiral used to be all one giant planet? (Sorry if i missed anything mentioned in-game already.)

2. Can we expect any old characters returning/making an appearance in the next arc? (I'm not specifying any particular ones)

3. Will there be any major surprises/plot twists in the next arc? (Again, not specifying anything in particular)

4. Will we return to past worlds during our next adventure?

Sorry about all the questions, I just have so many!

Hero
May 02, 2009
Hello there, my question is this:

Whatever happened to the Briskbreeze (aka the Gauntlet of Woe) storyline there, where basically we were given a key to apparently someplace in Krokotopia, but yet we've have never and still have yet to find out just what exactly has gone on over there, if at all really.

Will this storyline ever make a comeback, or is it simply doomed to be like the Pokémon anime's GS Ball storyline where the story was just left where it was at in hopes that the fans would just forget about it eventually? Thanks in advance.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
Thank you for clarifying Morganthe's transition between the worlds of her arc (that was one of my questions).

But I must ask of something that was mentioned very long ago and never clearly explained: In early dialogue of Wizard City, Ambrose and Bartebly refer to Grandmother of Ravens as "Lady NightStar" but the name was never used again (she's only called "Grandmother Raven")... is there a reason why the name was apparently abandoned?

Thanks for the thread, it's really helpful!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Btw you are awesome and in my favorite world.

1.Will we have a fourth arc maybe or stop at third.

2.Will the spiral door ever get fixed in khrysalis?

Lol thanks king hope you respond

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
1.Is the narrators voice the same as Grandmother Ravens from Wintertusk?

2.In the Morganthe arc, in Ghost Avalon, you see Young Morganthe trying to steal a book of astrals and you in the form of Gamma catch her, but it KH2, you go back in time as her and Merle Ambrose and Malistaire are the ones who catch you. So, which story came first? The Avalon Chicken or the Khrysalis Egg?

3. So, we all know that Morganthe fought Malistaire to keep him from taking her deck and wand before she was all "Destroy the Spiral", but what we don't know is why she used him as a weapon and a tool in Xibalba to slow you down. Was it out of despise or just cause he seemed useful?

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Did Morganthe ever meet Old Cob or know of him? When you enter one of the rooms in the hive with old cob, a spider npc reacts weird and is surprised by him, like they are scared of him. I always wondered why Old cob stayed outside of Morganthe's dungeon while we went in and defeated her.

Developer
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Hi I have always wondered about the lore of spell circles and exactly how wizard summons work. As we know wizards summon creature's of colossal size(think Ra, the size of the sun or Stormzilla the size of a 10 story building). However, when these creatures are summoned they are limited by the spell circle. So my question is, do wizards summon the creatures in their entirety with the spell circle acting as a protective medium restricting the area of effect of the summons? or do wizards merely summon an approximation of the true creature?

My other question relates to the end of the 2 main villains. How is it that 2 people who have both shown the ability time and time again to teleport end up lost in space? Why don't they simply teleport back to somewhere in the spiral? *This same question applies to wizards who have been held in cells such as the students in Cyclops Lane and the Zafarian exchange student trapped in Queen Elissa's zoo*
A very challenging question!

I don't think this is defined anyway, but I my feeling is that we summon an approximation of the true creature - an aspect of it, if you will. In some cases, say with a Troll, we are probably summoning one of any of the millions of Trolls that are in the Spiral. But when we summon the Storm Lord, it's probably an aspect of him, rather than saying there are 40,000 Storm Lords swimming around out there.

But I also think you are right in believing that the spell circle acts as a protective barrier, keeping the forces in check.

Morganthe was overwhelmed by the surge of power she tried to draw down and the pain of Backlash - that would certainly screw up anyone's focus. Further, there are strong, powerful, and strange energies in the space between the Spiral worlds. It's not a very habitable space, even for powerful Wizards.

As for the various trapped wizards in the Spiral, well, we need to assume that the many prisons and jails may be warded to block teleportation (as least when they are locked tight), and I think we can also say that being trapped in a very scary, unfamiliar situation might cause someone to panic and become overwhelmed and perhaps forget how to teleport. Also, some of the junior students haven't really figured it out yet. They aren't as gifted as you are.

Developer
snowsorccer on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Dear King Artorius,
I know your busy fixing Avalon to its rightful glory but I must ask,
Was Malistare always evil? In Wizard City story line it said that Malistare was always good before the death of Sylvia but when when we entered the second chamber in Khrysalis it didn't seem so.

Sincerely Exalted Thaumaturge
Certainly not.

When you entered the second chamber you met a very angry Malistaire, but he wasn't evil.

Keep in mind:

1. The memory is how Morganthe remembers it.

2. Morganthe had done a lot of damage and nearly killed a great number of people.

3. The memory is how Morganthe remembers it.

Developer
SinDrenched on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
1. Are Old Cob's spawns truly evil? From the dialog I'd say Old Cob simply told them to live life and do all that that entails, wheather that be to make marry or wage wars.

2. There is a massive door in the High Road of Avalon blocked by rocks and such, is this purely a decoritive feature or is it planned to have it someday lead somewhere?

3. Will you ever make the Elephant Graveyard of Zafaria into a house? I'd love to live there. Other than Avalon, as a whole, it is my favorite area in all of Wizard101. Please give my thanks to the brains behind its design.
1. Interesting take.

2. Yes.

3. I'll pass the kind words along!

Developer
Ruthless Anthony on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Hi King Artorious! I was wondering about Morganthe's conclusion. What made you to decide to end it in this way?
That's pretty open ended. Clearly you need to come for a conference and find me so we can chat.

Let's just say we thought about it and talked about it for a very long time, and this was the way we felt it needed to end.

Survivor
May 25, 2012
Dear, King Artorius,
1. What made you decide to have Old Cob turn on us?
2. Is Old Cob going to be the next main villain or a minion of someone bigger? And if he is the next main villain why is he an old man in a cloak?
3. How did Morganthe turn into a giant spider?

Thanks in advance!

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
1) How is it that ANYONE fell for Tse-Tse Snaketail's disguises? The lack of variation in names was suspicious enough but he didn't have a full costume. You can clearly see his black and white stripes. And it is implied that people were fooled by it.

2) If the Astral schools were created in Celestia, how did Zafaria and Azteca get some? I think a quest in Zafaria implied they may have picked some up from the Morgantine forces. But did Azteca really pick it up that quickly? My other guess is they developed some magic separately. And how did they have Astral spells that Celestia, (the birthplace of it) didn't have?

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
King Artorius on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
That's pretty open ended. Clearly you need to come for a conference and find me so we can chat.

Let's just say we thought about it and talked about it for a very long time, and this was the way we felt it needed to end.
Morganthe's ending was almost symbolic, for years she wanted power, more and more power. But she absorbed so much that, in the end, it destroyed her, her arrogance and her lust for power destroyed her more then we did. At least that's my take on it.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Here are some of my questions:

•Why was the Star Shrine in Khrysalis part 1 referred to as the Radiant Alcazar, but in Khrysalis part 2 it was called the Alcazar of Radiant Judgment.

•Is there a sun in the Spiral, or does Wizard City give off light like the sun to light up the Spiral Worlds. The Celestial Dinning Table has a bright light at the center of the Spiral.

•How did Zafaria, Azteca, and Khrysalis know about Astral Magic when the Celestians where the ones who created it and "never shared" it.

•Why did the Celestians not want Morganthe to have Astral Magic?

•Did it hurt when you turned into the Pendragon?

•Will we ever graduate from Ravenwood?

It's a lot of questions, but hopefully you can answer them!

-Nick level 100
"No Rain, No Grain"

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
1.Will they ever fix the spiral door in khrysalis

2.Will there might be a fourth arc or, stop third

3.Why wasn't morganthes shadow palace big? I though it would be huge with a big throne room we fight Morganthe in.

Thanks sorry if I commented early I just didn't know if it came through

P.S Avalon is my favorite word in the game! And you are my 5th favorite character