Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Story Time April 2014

AuthorMessage
Developer
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Ah! So close..

But, Thank you for answering. I was referring to the quest "Light Shine Down" in Mooshu to enter Avalon. After revisiting the quest dialogue, you're correct. I got a little confused. Emperor Yoshihito said "The Council of Light has allies wherever there are those pure of heart: Avalon, Marleybone, Grizzleheim, Mirage,...even Polaris."

The world Polaris is not apart of the Council of Light (which I misinterpreted), but there are those pure of heart in Polaris who may prove helpful to the Council of Light. I wonder who and what terrors they've survived to help us.

Polaris is one intriguing world, but I must say much more dire, perilous, and devastating occurences call for your attention. Such as...

More Questions! Sorry, but I have just a few more questions to ask if you don't mind:

1. Is Nodor a world all it's own, or an unexplored region of Avalon? Innes Idle mentioned it, but I'm rather confused on it's current status. And if it is apart of Avalon, have you dealt with any "troubles" going on there, or is it just a bit (and by bit, I mean extremely) too cold for even the King of Avalon to investigate.

2. Have you ever considered writing a war story or a war-driven story? I know many battles and wars have gone on in the 2nd Arc, but they are either "aftermaths", not completely apparent, or political conflicts and tension. I really liked what Pirate101 did with Marleybone and their whole war with Valencia, so I was wondering if you'd ever want to something like that with Wizard. (Sorry if I asking something that's already happen and just completely spazzed out on it)

3. Can worlds ever face the devastating possibility of merging and colliding and would you ever want to write a story that conveys that? For example, let's say Mirage and Polaris unexpectedly collided. Half of the plane is the desert Mirage and the other is the cold glaciars of Polaris. Now the Lynx and Penguins battle for dominance and vengeance for their shattered worlds. Some kind of concept like that.
There's a card game with an extremely similar concept to Wizard101 and Pirate101 called Magic the Gathering (maybe you've heard of it) and in one of their many arcs called "Shards of Alara" 5 worlds begain to collide and the citizens battled for domain of each of their planes. I thought that would be interesting to see in Wizard101.

4. Romo Nighteyes stands next to a a very large door guarded by two Deer Mouse Knights. What secrets lie behind that door. Seems important.
1. With luck, we'll visit Nodor one day and you'll see for yourself.

2. Did you not feel that Khrysalis was a war-driven story? Obviously Wizard stories play out differently than Pirate, for a whole host of reasons, but I certainly tried to instill a spirit of rebellion, revolution, espionage, and civil war throughout Khrysalis.

3. I think it was suggested that Morganthe's earliest experimentation with Astral magic put one or more Spiral worlds at risk.

4. That would be telling.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
1. Can we expect more cutscenes in the future?

2. Will more real-world celebrities appear in the future?

3. You're the King of Avalon. Do any other worlds have monarchs or other types of leaders? (Besides Mooshu)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Well...since you asked

1.Malistare

2.Morganthe

3.Merle Ambrose

4.Gamma

But you didnt answer my questions, so i will ask you two I think you will respond to hopefully...

1.Will there EVER be anymore transformation additions in the crown shop, its my favorite thing in the game

2.Can someone bring back the Morganthe's memories in radiance reborn, its probably my 2nd or third thing to do in the game.

Historian
May 06, 2009
King Artorius on May 9, 2014 wrote:
1. With luck, we'll visit Nodor one day and you'll see for yourself.

2. Did you not feel that Khrysalis was a war-driven story? Obviously Wizard stories play out differently than Pirate, for a whole host of reasons, but I certainly tried to instill a spirit of rebellion, revolution, espionage, and civil war throughout Khrysalis.

3. I think it was suggested that Morganthe's earliest experimentation with Astral magic put one or more Spiral worlds at risk.

4. That would be telling.
2. Now, that I think about it (and taking into account the differences between Wizard and Pirate's story) it did have it's times of revolution, espionage, and rebellion. Taking back the towers from the Warlords like Ghost Dog, and Kravenly the Hunter. Sneaking behind enemy forces in Last Wood to find out how they are making new weapons and using Umbra Legion weapons against them. Yeah, it is actually a pretty rebellious story.

The Sardonyx really speaks volumes to me. It's like the Archna's Last Wood. I loved the quest line and it was interesting to see how strong the Fifth Columns control and influence and strength is. I liked how as the quests went on, we see political corruption and betrayal between the male and female Mantises. Then near the end the city is set ablaze and the Mantises take arms and battle. I really liked that.

I think it was this side quest that's like a Robin Hood-homage that really stands out for me. It was with Zurellia the Chitinsmasher; she would speak in this low-harsh voice as if she wasn't helping us, when she was. She was trying to get us to stop this corrupted gaurd from continuing to take stuff from the locals. After we teach the gaurd a lesson, she admits to her crimes agrees to hand over the weapons. Zurellia has us return all the missing items to the merchants, in which one of them continues the quest line on.

But its Zurellia's line of "trying-to-play-it-cool" I love the most. She goes something like "Now run along citizen. I know nothing about your missing sweet roll." I enjoyed that feeling of doing something good from behind the scenes and I'm sure Zurellia's attitude is a reference to a movie or scene I've seen before.

The quest (and the Blind Brothers quest) get's 2 thumbs up from me!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
Hello King Artorius.
A couple things i would like to say and just one question.
First i want to say thank you for this wonderful gaming experience. This game is literally the best game i have played in my life. My favorite world would have to be marleybone but you are my favorite character.
One question. I have this question because when i started W101 the second arc was already out.
How long will it take for the third arc to come out? I know it is early but i just love the story lines you guys make for us.
Thanks again

Hope you get to respond :)

Jack DarkFlame Exalted

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
Back for round three.

1. Can you estimate how many schools of magic there are in the Spiral?
2. Will we see a level 95 spell upgrade?
3. Will there be a shadow power pip implemented?
4. After the defeat of Morganthe, were all mutations stations destroyed?
5. Is there going to be , , , , , , , and mutated spell that are ?

Developer
Nicholas Hawkspear on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Just a few more questions for you, King:

1) Will Grandmother Raven ever be part of the Main Storyline? (as in not hearing her as the narrator)

2) If you where to put all the dialog in Wizard101 into a book, how big would it be?

3) Why couldn't Bartleby just shake one of his branches and make Khrysalis fall away from the Spiral after she took it over? Did he loose a lot of his power over the Spiral after Malistare took the Eye of History?

3.5) Will the 3D Spiral Map of the Spiral in Gamma's Tower ever be updated to match the current Spiral?

4) How did the Sword of Kings help us defeat Morganthe? It's only mentioned once in the Story Line after Avalon, and I'm not sure if when we took it, it gave us some kind of power, or Headmaster Ambrose was just wrong about it helping us defeat Morganthe.

Thanks for taking the time to read these!

-Nick level 95
"Child of Light and Shadow"
2. Each chapter is about the length of a short novel, though that's not necessarily an exact comparison. But it would be pretty easy to imagine the First Story Arc spanning 5 novels, and the Second Story Arc spanning another 5 (with the last being a bit heftier). 5 is a good number for things.

3. Hah. I don't think it works quite like that.

3.5 I hope so! I'd love to do that one day.

4. You should have bonded with the essence of the Sword of Kings at the beginning of Khrysalis, so that you could summon it (the King Artorius spell) whenever it was needed. However, even if you didn't directly use it, you can be sure it helped you deflect some of Morganthe's most vicious workings. You can be sure Headmaster Ambrose is a pretty smart guy.

Developer
Sean Firesword on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Hey King, I have a few questions for you.

1) Are there other schools like Ravenwood, Pigswick, and Dragonspyre Academy? Would we ever enroll in one in the future (perhaps when we graduate from Ravenwood?)

2) I would love to restore worlds like Khrysalis and Dragonspyre to it's former glory before they were destroyed. Is this possible to do in the future?

3) It seems as though the first 2 Arcs were all part of Old Cob's prophecy. Are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Arc all one giant arc?

4) If shadow magic exists, surely light magic needs to aswell. Will Ambrose ever teach this "Light Magic" at Ravenwood?

Thanks

Sean Firesword Level 98
1. We shall see, we shall see.

2. Anything is possible, but it depends on where the story takes us.

3. Time will tell.

4. Does it?

Developer
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on May 9, 2014 wrote:
1. Can we expect more cutscenes in the future?

2. Will more real-world celebrities appear in the future?

3. You're the King of Avalon. Do any other worlds have monarchs or other types of leaders? (Besides Mooshu)
1. We are always trying to push what we can do visually, to tell the best and most interesting story we can. Which have you liked best?

2. Not my call.

3. Azteca had kings (though the Aztecosaur kings did not rule the Avians or the Jaguars); Marleybone has a queen, of course; Zafaria had a lion king and a zebra king and an elephant queen; Monquista has a queen; Khrysalis had a king of the Burrowers while the Mantises are ruled by a troika (3 person council), and the spiders are led by the elder magi. I'm sure I've missed some, but that covers quite a lot.

Developer
SpiralAdventurer10... on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Well...since you asked

1.Malistare

2.Morganthe

3.Merle Ambrose

4.Gamma

But you didnt answer my questions, so i will ask you two I think you will respond to hopefully...

1.Will there EVER be anymore transformation additions in the crown shop, its my favorite thing in the game

2.Can someone bring back the Morganthe's memories in radiance reborn, its probably my 2nd or third thing to do in the game.
That's a pretty esteemed list. I'm thrilled to be on it.

1. Probably? Maybe? Not my call, sorry.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by this. Bring them back how?

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
What I mean is, you can't go back into her memories once you finish them, I was asking if someone could let us go In as many times as we want, because that very a very AMAZING feature especially with the Morganthe trandsformation and her own deck, and scenes we have never seen before. If one of the Kingsisle team members or whatever can't do this, or won't, I understand, just asking because it was very fun and breathtaking to do this. I have finished kh pt2 and I don't have allot of things to do, and I wish I could go back into the dreams, I'd go back probably a million times, but it's totally worth it to me. Thanks king

Alex StormCloud

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
So I've been with KI for awhile now and I am thrilled to see how it has expanded into its on empire dominating the Family game arena. It is a beast...no offense King A.

1) I loved the old Dragonspyre, Will there be anyway to return to it in future expansions.

2) Did Cyrus ever have hair? I know Malistaire had hair but what about Cyrus?

3) I have a myth and a storm both of whom I've enjoyed playing with. However, I could never understand how they were opposite. i.e. Fire vs Ice..Death vs Life... I think the two schools are two sides of the same coin. Can you shed some light on how they can be opposing schools?

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
1) How big are the worlds of the Spiral? Of course some of them probably aren't the same size, but still. I know worlds like Khrysalis are big enough to have geographic features like forests, canyons, seas, and deserts. Also, if Wizard City is called Wizard City, does that mean the world is dedicated to one city? Which may not mean a very big world.

2) One thing that grabs my curiosity is what happens to the worlds after we leave? Obviously Azteca was destroyed, and I believe you're busy restoring Avalon to it's rightful glory, but what about the others?

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
King Artorius on May 12, 2014 wrote:
That's a pretty esteemed list. I'm thrilled to be on it.

1. Probably? Maybe? Not my call, sorry.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by this. Bring them back how?
Hello King, if you would recall question 2 where you said you weren't sure, Morganthe's memories were a Solo Only dungeon in Radiance reborn where we go to Morganthe's past, this young lady is asking to bring back the memories, being to be able to repeat those dungeons again, since they can only be done once. I agree with her!

1 Question, The death school was separated by malistaire from Ravenwood a long time ago, did that have an affect in Bartleby since his roots come out where the death school was?

2. Does the death tree in DS Academy close to Ashley have any sort of relation to Mortis or Moros?

Thanks King!

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
Hail, King Artorius! In addition to the questions that I posted earlier this month, (which you skipped over, poo!) I do have a question that truly baffles me, and a theory for what might be in store for us next time. Where has Bartleby's eye gone? This may be due to me not being as caught up on events in the game, but I don't think his eye to see the future has been found yet....And my theory is this: There is someone out there in the Spiral ABDUCTING notable people in the realms. Not just Wizards and Magicians, like the Council of Light members; Champion Warriors from Grizzleheim, Expert Detectives from Marleybone, Prized Philosophers from Mooshu. People are disappearing left and right! And somehow, we are right in the middle of it! This arc would not only be a 'who-done-it' story, but also one that relies heavily upon the help of the Professor from Marleybone, as well as other side characters that would really flourish in character under the spotlight. Not only that, but the search to find out is behind these mysterious kidnappings would take us to place(s) other than: Polaris, DARKMOOR, and SKULL ISLAND, to warn a certain retired pirate that his inner court of pirate trainers could very well likely be next. So, what do you think?

Ever a faithful believer in magic, The Vagabond.
(P.s., I would like to see a reply to my previous post.....with a cherry on top ;))

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
1. Do you plan on using the worlds you have mentioned but not in game?*
2. I understand that J Todd Coleman said there will be no new pips, but the game cannot function much further into the future without them. Do you plan on adding them? If not, why, other than J Todd Coleman said not to? Why did he say this?

*The worlds are:
Kent, Darkmoor, Nodor, Polaris, Penguinonia (Even though Polaris and Penguinonia share similar features), Mirage, Skull Island, Valencia, Monquista, El Dorado, Gobblerton, Candyland, Empyrea, Yago

Survivor
Oct 11, 2013
King Artorius on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
Apue1 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
(i)Will the question of Bartleby's Eye of the Past be touched upon or concluded in the next arc?
(ii) Could you give us any vague hints as to what to the story of Arc

1. Eventually, we must resolve this, mustn't we?

2. Far too early to be asking about that! That said, there are hints scattered through Khrysalis.

3. Do you mean do I ever want to return to Krok, Marlebyone, MooShu, or Dragonspyre? Yes, very much so! I have various and sundry ideas of how and where we might explore.
What is arc?

Developer
SpiralAdventurer10... on May 12, 2014 wrote:
What I mean is, you can't go back into her memories once you finish them, I was asking if someone could let us go In as many times as we want, because that very a very AMAZING feature especially with the Morganthe trandsformation and her own deck, and scenes we have never seen before. If one of the Kingsisle team members or whatever can't do this, or won't, I understand, just asking because it was very fun and breathtaking to do this. I have finished kh pt2 and I don't have allot of things to do, and I wish I could go back into the dreams, I'd go back probably a million times, but it's totally worth it to me. Thanks king

Alex StormCloud
Ah, that's a Design (Cyrus) decision as much as mine - the trick was we didn't want people to do it as a group. It's a very personal experience (and having 4 Morganthe's running around at one time was just too weird). So in order to make it a solo experience - and thus the most dramatic scene we could create - it could not be repeatable.

But I'm really thrilled how well they came out, and very pleased by how much you enjoy them!

Developer
pyro52701 on May 11, 2014 wrote:
Hello King Artorius.
A couple things i would like to say and just one question.
First i want to say thank you for this wonderful gaming experience. This game is literally the best game i have played in my life. My favorite world would have to be marleybone but you are my favorite character.
One question. I have this question because when i started W101 the second arc was already out.
How long will it take for the third arc to come out? I know it is early but i just love the story lines you guys make for us.
Thanks again

Hope you get to respond :)

Jack DarkFlame Exalted
Thank you for the warm words.

As for how long it will take, I can't answer scheduling questions. All I can I say (and this isn't very helpful, I realize) is that it will take as long as it takes, and be as long as it needs to tell the best story we can.

Developer
Cass Underwood on May 11, 2014 wrote:
Back for round three.

1. Can you estimate how many schools of magic there are in the Spiral?
2. Will we see a level 95 spell upgrade?
3. Will there be a shadow power pip implemented?
4. After the defeat of Morganthe, were all mutations stations destroyed?
5. Is there going to be , , , , , , , and mutated spell that are ?
1. Schools like: 7 schools plus the 3 Astrals plus Shadow? (or 11 so far).

Or Schools like Ravenwood, Dragonspyre, and Wysteria? (or 3 so far).

2. Not my call, sorry. But didn't you just get two Shadow spells?

3. Not my call.

4. I'm not sure what you mean by "mutations stations"?

5. Not my call.

Developer
Yukean on May 12, 2014 wrote:
So I've been with KI for awhile now and I am thrilled to see how it has expanded into its on empire dominating the Family game arena. It is a beast...no offense King A.

1) I loved the old Dragonspyre, Will there be anyway to return to it in future expansions.

2) Did Cyrus ever have hair? I know Malistaire had hair but what about Cyrus?

3) I have a myth and a storm both of whom I've enjoyed playing with. However, I could never understand how they were opposite. i.e. Fire vs Ice..Death vs Life... I think the two schools are two sides of the same coin. Can you shed some light on how they can be opposing schools?
1. Perhaps.

2. That would be telling.

3. The School dichotomies were set up long before I got here, and were (I suspect) primarily the work of Todd Coleman. That said, when they decided they wanted 7 schools, with Balance as the "odd one out," it was pretty clear that Fire and Ice would oppose each other, and the same for Life and Death. That pretty much leaves Storm and Myth, doesn't it?

However, to delve further, you could argue that Storm is a school of very real, physical forces of nature. It's the pounding rain and the howling wind and the booming thunder and the terrible lightning and the crashing ocean. Whereas Myth is a school of ideas and stories and more intangible and ephemeral ideas - made manifest by our spells, of course, but flights of fancy compared to the raging of nature.

Does that make any sense?

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
Hello King Artorius again, since you didn't answer my previous questions, but it's ok nothing to worry about!
I got some extra though!

1. Morganthe brought down the meteor Xibalba into to the ground, though it became a black hole and other fragments were falling, didn't the meteor crash and completely destroyed the world?

2. If I understood, Morganthe locked old Cob in the Black Hole, though he said he was locked there for ages?

3. When we enter the third Morganthe's chamber of the mind, we find out how the spider Magi decide to capture her, she wasn't bad at the moment was she? Because she says "This isn't going to be good"

Thanks King!

Developer
wraithcaster on May 12, 2014 wrote:
1) How big are the worlds of the Spiral? Of course some of them probably aren't the same size, but still. I know worlds like Khrysalis are big enough to have geographic features like forests, canyons, seas, and deserts. Also, if Wizard City is called Wizard City, does that mean the world is dedicated to one city? Which may not mean a very big world.

2) One thing that grabs my curiosity is what happens to the worlds after we leave? Obviously Azteca was destroyed, and I believe you're busy restoring Avalon to it's rightful glory, but what about the others?
1. They vary. When the First World broke, there was no rule or reason to how the lands shattered. The world of Wizard City is mostly taken up by Ravenwood and the surrounding streets - but that doesn't mean there might not be a few unexplored, secret areas still to find.

2. Well, the story continues, as much as it can. When it's important to find out more about a person or place, we'll weave them back into the storyline (whether in Wizard or Pirate).

Developer
Justin Firethief on May 13, 2014 wrote:
Hello King, if you would recall question 2 where you said you weren't sure, Morganthe's memories were a Solo Only dungeon in Radiance reborn where we go to Morganthe's past, this young lady is asking to bring back the memories, being to be able to repeat those dungeons again, since they can only be done once. I agree with her!

1 Question, The death school was separated by malistaire from Ravenwood a long time ago, did that have an affect in Bartleby since his roots come out where the death school was?

2. Does the death tree in DS Academy close to Ashley have any sort of relation to Mortis or Moros?

Thanks King!
1. It probably had a slight effect on Bartleby, but the theft of his Eye was a more significant factor.

2. Not to Moros, certainly - he's not a Death tree. Possibly to Mortis. We haven't really dived into the history of all the magical trees throughout the Spiral yet.

Developer
The Vagabond on May 2, 2014 wrote:
I have to ask, now that the exciting Morganthe Arc is over, and the next story arc is up in the air, 3 points just keep banging around in me head over and over:
1. Who is Old Cob? What is his connection to the Spiral as a whole, as it was referenced by one of those spider Magi that he is on level, or close to, importance as Grandmother Raven herself. What is his plan, and what are his intentions? Will they have to force the Wizard to go up against him one day? That would make killer storytelling...
2. Polaris, Empyrea, and Mirage; All these I have no doubt we will visit next. So will we meet that one cat-girl from the Wysteria Tournament? Will we meet Napoleguin and have to deal with his polar bear butler that may be surprisingly good with magic? Have a funny reference to Pirate101 that will knock our socks off? Who knows...
3. Why wasn't Alhazred included in The Council of Light? I know, past that point, but still....I would very much like to know...

Ever a faithful believer in magic, The Vagabond
Sorry I didn't answer these before. They are tricky questions. Also, I asked for a few questions per post, and you have crammed in like a dozen with each number. ;)

2. I think we will meet Nalia DuneStrider again, or some of her friends and relations, one day.

2.1 Naplogeguin = that would be telling.

2.2 Um...

3. That's a good question. Perhaps we'll be able to answer it one day.