Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 21, 2012
For those of you out there, how long did it take to get something good from Waterworks? I just came up with this when my wizard got a Firestarter's Robe the first time through, he didn't get anything else good. (Though I understand that is completely normal.) I'm still deciding whether to try for the other gear or just continue on, but what have you done on the Waterworks?

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
My first run through (for the quest) I got the boots and the second time I farmed I got the hat and Robe. I did get a mega snack from Sylster but never from Luska .
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
It's chance, as with a lot in the game. My brother got all the gear on his death right away. My balance took 5 or 6 runs to get it all, same for my dad's storm, but his myth needed about 30 runs to get the robe.

Waterworks gear is the best at that level so it's worth it to keep farming. You can get mastery amulets, mega pet snacks, crown seeds and other good drops there too, but they are rare so GL!

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
Not too long... 10 runs maximum to get hat and robes. Boots should be crafted since crafted boots give lots of crit block. Get your hat and craft your boots and you're good for a while.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
I have done the Waterworks Many many times I've got the Firestarters hood and boots but no matter how hard I try I NEVER get the Robe. If you have trouble getting the hood and I'm hoping you already know that Luska drops it (The first boss, the squid) but try hitting harder and more I've gotten the hood countless times but just never the robe and I've gotten the boots about three or four times.
[Level 71 Wizard]
[Mood = Frustrated]

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
It took me three tries- one time for each piece of gear
Jasmine Jadestone
Transcendent

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I got my balance hat the first try. It took a few days and many tries to get my robe and even longer to get my shoes. I can't remember exactly, it was about a year ago. I did get my myth amulet in there though.

Survivor
May 01, 2014
it took me about 7 tries with my old account i had a lvl 70 .
i think it all depends on luck and everyones overall damage through the dungeon.
if you kill the bosses all of them you will most likely get your gear faster.
thats how it was for me.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
GrimDuskBringer on May 13, 2014 wrote:
it took me about 7 tries with my old account i had a lvl 70 .
i think it all depends on luck and everyones overall damage through the dungeon.
if you kill the bosses all of them you will most likely get your gear faster.
thats how it was for me.
No, it's pure chance. What you do in the fights doesn't matter. My balance farmed with Myth and Storm friends who did most of the damage while I boosted them. I was the first one to get all the gear, and the myth who mostly kill the bosses was the last to get his robe. Drops are all luck.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
i got the hat and robe on the first and second try and i've been trying to get the boots for more than two weeks i have 4 skyscream hoods 3 skyscream robes and 0 boots

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dragonslayer24139 on May 26, 2014 wrote:
i got the hat and robe on the first and second try and i've been trying to get the boots for more than two weeks i have 4 skyscream hoods 3 skyscream robes and 0 boots
That's been my experience for every school. The boots are always the hardest for me.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
For the first time I did Waterworks, I got no gear at all (took about 3 hours) ! It was a complete waste of time. The second time, I got a robe and boots, which was awesome(took about 3 1/2 hours)! So, it took me about 5 1/2 hours. I still didn't get the hat, though! (My wizard is myth)

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
It took me 12 tries I quit for a while then came back and got the hood.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
It took me quite a long time, I got the boots on my first run at level 60. I got the hat somewhere around level 65. I didn't get the robe until I was about level 80. But then again, I only did the Waterworks whenever I had time (maybe once a week). I can't remember how quickly my storm got his gear, but I know that it didn't take very long.

Sean Firesword Level 100
Sean Stormsword Level 90

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
It took me 4 tries to get my hood finally then it took me another 4 tries to get my robe and now I have tried a billion times and cannot get my boots! Very frustrating! I am wondering.... Is it hardest to get the boots or no? Someone please respond and tell me i need to know. But of i need get my boots atleast i still have good resist on my boots but my storm damage would be very strong if i completed my skyscream set.

-Eric ShadowCaster level 64

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
It took me about 15-20 times to get the Firestarter's gear. I got the hood on my 8th try I think, the robe on my 12th and my boots probably on my 15th or 20th time.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
i only had to try a few times to get a balance mastery amulet.